Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boos

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Had my first experience of the North Stand today and wont be hurrying back. View was good but I was surrounded by idiots. P1ssed up wannabes who really didn't have a clue what was going on. My personal favourites were when they thought Buckley had fizzed one just over the bar.....when he'd been subbed off about 10 minutes earlier and then their belief that CMS was going to come on and score the winner....when we'd already made our 3 substitutions. I think it would be better off for all of us if these "fans" just stayed in the pub.

Not dissimilar to my experience.

Anyone who booed, or condoned the booing, or saw the justification in booing, is a total bell-end.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
for me we only didn't win the game as we had no wide players and no-one really capable of creating much. We wasted a few decent free-kick positions, but came close with Torb narrowly missing and Rodgers long shot. Even though I had Wrexham in an accie and JFC to score in a Brighton win, losing out financially, I didn't boo. Wrexham benefit from the replay and just hope it's televised (but reckon Bolton will be personally), so can't complain if I lose a few quid and the club is saved.

Expect to see the kids again in the replay, and Wrexham winning.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
A bloke two rows in front of us stood up at the end and shouted "you bunch of overpaid wankers",now i'm not sure what the youngsters earn, but i expect it's not a fortune.

Totally clueless

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Please tell me that is aimed at myself, it'd make my week.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Arkwright how do you play the first team when they're not available? Have you heard of injuries and suspensions?

Yes I have heard of injuries and suspensions at the same stage have you heard of CMS and Bridcutt, always play your strongest side if not you get into situations like this where paying customers get upset (rightly or wrongly) and now we are in a position where we have a trip to North Wales for a mid week game the club could really do without.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
New I would get slated - but don't care.

Poyet has reached his peek. Time to go or for him to step down & be a number 2.
The guy is not up to taking us any further.
13th in the league flatters us as well & yes, I have been to every home game & many away games this season.

DBL your a ****

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
Hmm......You obviously are very English & accept second rate food, third class service & inferior quality.

Sorry - those days are behind us. If you long for the days of 'true hard core fans' then go & watch some washed up lower league 2 side or non league club getting 2,000 through the gates each week - like BHA got not so long ago.

I & many of the so called newbies - there were 16,000+ BHA their today seek something better.

Today's performance by the team & Gus tactics all season are not good enough at this level.

Like it or not. I booed at the end. Not particularly at our players, but by another inept tactical performance by our manager.
Like it or not........there were many others who booed too.

And another performance again like this on Saturday, then I suspect there will be several hundred/thousands who will show their displeasure at the end of the Bristol City game too.

If the manager doesn't like it - Adious.

DBL your a Fukckin **** ****

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
Anyone who can't understand why so many youngsters were played yesterday needs a reality check, an already depleted squad with the further risk of injuries or ban's.

Like it or not the league is the priority, the game was always going to be tough even with a full strength side because that's what the FA cup gives us year after year, teams better and worse than ours often fall to the sword of a non league or lower division sides.

Even when we were top of league one last season we made harder work of even lower sides than Wrexham with Woking and FC United of Manchester.

Why not focus on some of the positives from the game some of those that played their part showed real promise, not least torbjorn agdestein who showed an excellent touch and determination.

Wrexham are no mugs and anyone who thinks games like this will be a walkover clearly have no understanding of modern football.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Yes I have heard of injuries and suspensions at the same stage have you heard of CMS and Bridcutt, always play your strongest side if not you get into situations like this where paying customers get upset (rightly or wrongly) and now we are in a position where we have a trip to North Wales for a mid week game the club could really do without.

Yes but Gus made it quite clear he would be playing DS players before the game so people should have known what to expect

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Yes but Gus made it quite clear he would be playing DS players before the game so people should have known what to expect

Then the match should have been free to STH, just as it is to watch the reserves/development players at Lancing.
Last season it made sense to play weakened teams in the cup, promotion was the priority, but this year, I really can't see us having a problem staying up and the squad really isn't strong enough for a serious run at the play offs, so a cup run would be rather nice!

Then the match should have been free to STH, just as it is to watch the reserves/development players at Lancing.
Last season it made sense to play weakened teams in the cup, promotion was the priority, but this year, I really can't see us having a problem staying up and the squad really isn't strong enough for a serious run at the play offs, so a cup run would be rather nice!

Nonsense. Just because we buy a ticket to the game it doesn't give us the right to pick the team. That's between Gus and the board and no-one else. If you genuinely thought you'd be turning up to watch a more or less full squad then I suggest you are looking for blame in the wrong places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here