Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Colleague?
No info on Gaetan whatsoever. Just going by how bad it looked.
Someone on here said earlier that the club are waiting for test results so that may still be the case.

Colleague that had info on Stephens

No source or anything, but I wonder whether we'll hear Bong has already been operated on. Pessimistic I know, but the longer it goes without results, the longer I wonder.

Alternatively, the optimistic view could be that If ligament damage, I would have thought swelling/internal bleeding is immaterial to an MRI image, (as the images are slices) so maybe muscular/cartilage, which could be less serious......

All guesswork.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

No source or anything, but I wonder whether we'll hear Bong has already been operated on. Pessimistic I know, but the longer it goes without results, the longer I wonder.

Alternatively, the optimistic view could be that If ligament damage, I would have thought swelling/internal bleeding is immaterial to an MRI image, (as the images are slices) so maybe muscular/cartilage, which could be less serious......

All guesswork.

I'm a bit more optimistic with the fact time has passed. Had he snapped his ACL, or similar severe injury, that could have been diagnosed as soon as he had a scan, and an announcement with timescale you would have thought would have been made by now. If they're not making an announcement, perhaps the injury isn't as severe, but they have no idea of how long or the severity because there is too much swelling and inflammation like you say. Fingers crossed it isn't bad as first feared.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Said on the facebook page that he had an op yesterday and out for 3 months. Don't know how accurate that is.

Yes but WHERE on FB?!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I heard he never even had knees, this has amusingly only just come to light. He will be touring the county soon in the circus.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014

All guesswork.
He had a op yesterday on behind his knee ligaments my scorce told me today we r looking to get a loan in as he be out for 3 months at lest

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Official now:

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Gaetan Bong is expected to miss the next 12 weeks, after suffering a thigh injury in last Saturday's draw with Preston North End.

The Seagulls left-back underwent surgery on a ruptured left thigh tendon yesterday, and will face a lengthy rehabilitation period ruling him out into the New Year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here