Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some might say that it wasn't a great move to rest Stephens in the same match that Kayal was suspended, but perhaps that would be too overcritical.

He may have thought it was more important he was fit for the Reading game than the Preston match. I have a feeling he will play against Reading

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's my point. I'm fairly certain i saw him bend it a few times. Someone in the East Stand might be able to confirm?

My other half ripped his ACL in a bike accident, which was only aspirated at the hospital. He walked/limped on it for several months (albeit in a lot of pain) before the doctor finally diagnosed it.

As Bong was going past the north stand, on the stretcher, it looked as though his knee was slightly raised and bent, with padding underneath it for support.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My other half ripped his ACL in a bike accident, which was only aspirated at the hospital. He walked/limped on it for several months (albeit in a lot of pain) before the doctor finally diagnosed it.

As Bong was going past the north stand, on the stretcher, it looked as though his knee was slightly raised and bent, with padding underneath it for support.

I'm pretty sure that I did mine in 2000/2001, and it was only diagnosed last year. This is despite going through an X-ray, MRI and exploratory keyhole surgery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm pretty sure that I did mine in 2000/2001, and it was only diagnosed last year. This is despite going through an X-ray, MRI and exploratory keyhole surgery.

He went back to his doctors because his knee cap kept dislocating. He fell over in the street when it gave way (stone cold sober I might add) with his knee cap at right angles to his leg. He was in surgery within 2 months.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Like CH before the game I would have said with Murphy back we could and should have won the game so sensible to rest Stephens if there was a slight doubt. Hindsight says that wasnt the correct move.
Actually, as we don't know to what extent Stephens was injured or to what extent he may have agitated it, in hindsight we got a point and Stephens may only be out for one game when it could have been/gotten worse..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actually, as we don't know to what extent Stephens was injured or to what extent he may have agitated it, in hindsight we got a point and Stephens may only be out for one game when it could have been/gotten worse..

100% this.

The rest of the team let us down but it happens. Could have easily lost that game with playing with 10 men near the end.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He went back to his doctors because his knee cap kept dislocating. He fell over in the street when it gave way (stone cold sober I might add) with his knee cap at right angles to his leg. He was in surgery within 2 months.

That happened to me intermittently (approx every six months) for over a decade. I'm not so sure my knee cap was at right angles to my leg, although I became rather adept at clicking the knee back into place -- relocating the kneecap?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That happened to me intermittently (approx every six months) for over a decade. I'm not so sure my knee cap was at right angles to my leg, although I became rather adept at clicking the knee back into place -- relocating the kneecap?

When the surgeon looked during the keyhole exploration his ACL had gone completely. There was nothing to hold his knee cap into place. The first op used a webbing which then in turn, went. 15 years later he had a new ACL constructed from a piece of his hamstring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here