Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton On Saturday

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Hello from Bolton.
Bolton took the minimum allocation of tickets from Brighton (less than 1000) & they sold out, & then picked up a few hundred more. I don't know if they've sold out , but i'd guess just under 1000 altogether.

Anyway, the reason for my visit......we've heard some worrying stories about how long it takes to get back to Brighton station. Obviously allowing for the fact that at the final whistle I'll need to slide on my knees to the corner flag whilst kissing my badge, pointing skywards & looking deep & throwing my shirt at the players, have we any chance of getting back to Brighton station for approximately 5-37pm ?
Thanks in advance.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Hello from Bolton.
Bolton took the minimum allocation of tickets from Brighton (less than 1000) & they sold out, & then picked up a few hundred more. I don't know if they've sold out , but i'd guess just under 1000 altogether.

Anyway, the reason for my visit......we've heard some worrying stories about how long it takes to get back to Brighton station. Obviously allowing for the fact that at the final whistle I'll need to slide on my knees to the corner flag whilst kissing my badge, pointing skywards & looking deep & throwing my shirt at the players, have we any chance of getting back to Brighton station for approximately 5-37pm ?
Thanks in advance.

Its not even as bad as everyone makes it out to be IMO.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hello from Bolton.

Thanks in advance.

Will be touch and go to get back there for then. If you are on a fixed train ticket for that time then leave promptly on the final whistle. You do know that your match ticket will get you back as far as Haywards Heath (either via Lewes or Brighton) from where there are loads of trains back to London (Southern or FCC, the latter will take you through to St Pancras)?

Enjoy your first trip to the Amex, the pies are not cheap but really really good and there will be a Bolton-area ale for sale in the away end.

PG

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
Doom Bar

Can somebody explain this usual bollocks please. Going to the game on saturday, first visit this season all part of my 50th birthday, bringing 2 mates. Sorting tickets tomorrow. I would prefer seats in an upper (either stand) but are you saying that £28 tickets are available as an option but not being sold. Need 3 seats together
While I am here, what is the best pub around Brighton station, before and after the match and I want to try some Dark star. As much as I like to try different ales around the country I dont suppose any pubs around the station also sell Doom Bar or Tribute do they?

Hi RC

Pop into the Belle - on the right hand side as you come out of the station - it sell Doom Bar and Harveys :drink:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hello from Bolton.

Thanks in advance.

if you left right on the whistle you should be fine for then. On a saturday it takes on an average around 45 minutes for the worse of the queuing to to subside.

If you leave on the final whistle and run, you may be ablew to get straight onto a train and be in Brighton for 5pm. If you decide to wait and clap your players off the pitch, you will be at the station by 1705 and should have no more than a 20 minute wait, so should still just make it.

The stories about the transport are blown out of all proportions. Evenings are a little trickier as fewer stay behind for a pint, but 3pm Saturday's are a doddle.

Enjoy your visit.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Hello from Bolton.

Thanks in advance.

Not this nonsense again. Mr Bolton va va... please don't worry mate. You'll be back at Brighton Station in plenty of time to pick up some beers from the M&S within Brighton station and catch your train. Really wish these stories about travel delays hadn't circulated last season, because they seem to have stuck and are possibly putting away fans off visiting. You'll see for yourself on Saturday, but the match day train travel arrangements are actually really good. especially so on Saturdays.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why did Dougal Freedman leave Palace?

Expect a hard game as the reason why Palace are up the top is because they work hard and are very competitive. We will get this from Bolton on Saturday as well as they will not be the lazy overpaid gits that got them relegated. Not with Freedman in charge.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Will be touch and go to get back there for then. If you are on a fixed train ticket for that time then leave promptly on the final whistle. You do know that your match ticket will get you back as far as Haywards Heath (either via Lewes or Brighton) from where there are loads of trains back to London (Southern or FCC, the latter will take you through to St Pancras)?

Enjoy your first trip to the Amex, the pies are not cheap but really really good and there will be a Bolton-area ale for sale in the away end.

PG

Thanks all for the train info. The gist of it seems to be that the problems have been overstated...I might try the scenic route home via Lewes & Haywards Heath if my match ticket covers me for the Lewes- HH leg. The back of the ticket is a bit unclear.

We've been at our ground for 15 years with a purpose built station & our train connections are a good way from perfect so I won't be criticising whatever happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here