Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn have turned down an improved £3 million bid for Marshall

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
£3m is the premium you pay for SINGING an ENGLISH player. Shirley there is some Johnny Foreigner available a lot cheaper ???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is he really worth £3m? I am sure there must be others available as good and perhaps cheaper, any suggestions? Lewis Grabban?

The Lewis Grabban who, famously, isn't a winger? Yeah. He'd probably be less than that. As would Tommy Fraser. They're not really what we're after though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't put too much credence in the press, when dealing with our transfer business. These supposed bids must be being leakedfrom the Blackburn end, as we don't discuss deals or even targets before they are over the line and if Rovers can say the bid .was too big to turn down, it will mollify some of their support,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can't keep continually upping our bids forever.

Hopefully we are looking elsewhere as well.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Man alive. You can't really still be pretending he's your mate, can you?
"I've spoken to Jamie" etc etc. He's definitely signing, right? Two months on - tumbleweed.
Give it up.

I never said I spoke to Jamie about his potential transfer. I spoke to youth development manager at Sheff Utd who said ''looks like he is going to Brighton'' - The fact that he hasn't signed I have no clue what has stopped this from happening. They got a new manager directly after that who wants to keep him but I do know he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave if they didn't get promoted last year. I don't know any more than that and have never claimed to know any more than that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I never said I spoke to Jamie about his potential transfer. I spoke to youth development manager at Sheff Utd who said ''looks like he is going to Brighton'' - The fact that he hasn't signed I have no clue what has stopped this from happening. They got a new manager directly after that who wants to keep him but I do know he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave if they didn't get promoted last year. I don't know any more than that and have never claimed to know any more than that.

Maybe the issue is in the structure of the deal with the mechanics involving the requirement by Sheff Utd of a COG? No inside info - just speculation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Much as I get as exited as anybody else when we buy an expensive player - I have to ask: is Marshall that good?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
For me, he's among the best in the league. If he was ours we'd want £3m+ as well.

Agree. He has pace and can deliver a great cross.

He's a clear step-up from Lua Lua (too inconsistent, poor at crosses) and March (untested, injury prone and still lacking in some key areas).

In today's market, he's worth £3m.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going to be really disappointed if we don't get him now :smile:

We must be close to the limit we'll pay?? This would make him our second most expensive signing ever.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
£3.5M would probably get him. Go for it Tony. You know it makes sense. A good season and he'll be worth much more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Lewis Grabban who, famously, isn't a winger? Yeah. He'd probably be less than that. As would Tommy Fraser. They're not really what we're after though.

The same Lewis Grabban who plays on the right of a front three and did so for Norwich and Bournemouth against us at The Amex

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The same Lewis Grabban who plays on the right of a front three and did so for Norwich and Bournemouth against us at The Amex

Except that we're playing 4-4-2 this season.

Anyway, Marshall's going to cost too much. Go for Conway instead,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Grabban played mostly left sided when at Millwall. I don't even rate him at all but a lot of others do. I seem to me in the minority with Grabban but he will certainly be out of his depth in the Premiership

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Would you rather pay 3M for Marshall though - a sufficiently-experienced player established at a High Championship Level - or half of that for a younger player (Jamie Murphy) who is very established in League-one but has the potential to play in higher leagues? Or both; 4.5M to get two quite frankly quality wingers who would fit in our 'new' system... is that what the English Game has come to now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here