Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn have turned down an improved £3 million bid for Marshall

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ah, but that's because it's 1974 in Blackburn. £3m is actually £32.5m in today's money, so your man has a point...

Well, if that's the case, let's sign Tony Parkes from them. Shouldn't cost any more than £25,000

Help me out here - we've played Blackburn a few times of late and I'm struggling to remember the guy. Can anyone remember his games against us - did he do well/badly/nothing much?

I've liked Murphy since his Motherwell days and I'd be chuffed to see him here, think he is very creative exciting player.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Help me out here - we've played Blackburn a few times of late and I'm struggling to remember the guy. Can anyone remember his games against us - did he do well/badly/nothing much?

I've liked Murphy since his Motherwell days and I'd be chuffed to see him here, think he is very creative exciting player.

Nope, I did not notice Marshall. Not when we played them or on the Championship highlights. Nothing good or bad.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/158/Archive/England-Blackburn

Reckoned as a skilfull player but not a speed merchant. Fades out a bit as wingers tend to. 7.15 rating last season.

Stats seem to be good. Now we have a second striker, he looks a better bet as an out and out winger, rather than a winger/striker.

Not sure we could do any better? I still like sheer speed though.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm sure Marshall scored against us in that 4-3 thriller against Carlisle. He went through our defence like butter.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I would like to see him play before forming an opinion. How good can he trap a long ball etc.

Reputation for long shots. Not sure if that is what we want as long shots usually miss or are saved.

Ben Marshall had four long shots at the Amex, Two missed, one saves and one blocked. One from a free kick. All early on and then he faded out of the game. Won a foul. No key passes or crosses. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860092

I think I would prefer Buckley. I Giggs had hamstring problems early in his career and later on he did not have injury problems so I don't think hamstring problems are such an obstacle ???

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
PS: I would like to see him play before forming an opinion. How good can he trap a long ball etc.

Reputation for long shots. Not sure if that is what we want as long shots usually miss or are saved.

Ben Marshall had four long shots at the Amex, Two missed, one saves and one blocked. One from a free kick. All early on and then he faded out of the game. Won a foul. No key passes or crosses. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860092

I think I would prefer Buckley. I Giggs had hamstring problems early in his career and later on he did not have injury problems so I don't think hamstring problems are such an obstacle ???
Can you go a day without mentioning/thinking of Buckley?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Last season Murphy took Clyne to the cleaners against Saints in the cup, also has an excellent cross.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
have a look at Jamie. No messin about , no trying to beat players 3 and 4 times. just bears down on goal when he hets the ball and finishes well too on many occasions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt--u3Cu-3s

He seems to have a reputation of a speed dribbler. Do you remember Lee Steele? Fast dribble and cross on to Bobby Z's head against the old WimbleDOns if my memory is good (probably not).

Jamie Murphy looks more like the speedy style I like.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
F@#k Marshall, save a few million and get Murphy in. He looks the business, albeit in League 1.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if we will re-focus on Murphy now... £3M, if true, seems too much...

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Offer 1.7 million plus add ons for Murphy, include a nice apartment down by the marina for him and his Mrs, still A million cheaper than Marshall. Job done. Other clubs seem to be so much more able to unsettle players than we can,or are prepared to do. Think Norwich with Bennett, Sunderland with Bridcutt, how they turned the players heads, Surely we can offer Murphy more financially than Sheffield Utd let alone Championship football and provoking the player to slap in a transfer request?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here