Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Sam could be in trouble...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This was before he had the England job too.

No it wasn't. It was before his first match, but after he'd been appointed.

And which available managerial talent will they give the job to?

That should be entirely irrelevant. He's either done wrong or he hasn't. Who is available to replace him should not even be a consideration for the FA investigation / decision making.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe Big Sam is touting for a job at FIFA?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Big Sam is touting for a job at FIFA?

Probably the worst thing that could happen to him today in PR terms is a 'message of support' tweet from Sepp Blatter...

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Its small fry compared to the crooks who won the world cup by bribing every body in the fifa vote as least Big Sam is english not like the russians and quakers for the next two world cups

Regards

DR

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It shouldn't be too difficult to find someone with slightly more modern ideas on football.
I don't think you can level that at Allerdyce, he was one of the first English coaches to embrace sport science and modern training techniques.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You are actually comparing an elected Member of Parliament who is trusted to govern over health, finance, education, security etc with a manager of a football team? Reality check.

Does the same go for Blatter and Platini?

The FA puts itself rightly or wrongly on an ethical pedestal. Sam Allardyce's continued employment would be incongruous with that. He has to go.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That should be entirely irrelevant. He's either done wrong or he hasn't. Who is available to replace him should not even be a consideration for the FA investigation / decision making.

I didn't say it was.

I was responding to another poster saying Allardyce was the wrong man to appoint in the first place.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He will have to go.
Why are people in football so stupid, time and again they are caught out.
He finally gets the dream job and f***s it up before a ball is kicked.
He must know the level of responsibility that the job has, a least Woy had some decorum.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does this really come as a shock to anyone?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think the Telegraph have more on him. What's been released so far could just be a teaser with the really meaty stuff to come out. He'll need to come clean with the FA on everything because if he doesn't and more stuff emerges then he'll have to fall on his proverbial sword!!

Fairly sure I heard BBC Radio 4 say this morning that the Telegraph have "proof" which the are going to publish that 10 (current?) league managers have taken bungs, presumably as part of transfer deals, though the alternative about results-fixing doesn't bear thinking about.
I'm beginning to wonder if this Russian lot who have hacked Olympic medical records or whatever might have turned their attention to a far more potentially damaging sports arena...:facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The England football team is a big joke that just keeps on giving.

Allardyce showing what a completely arrogant tit he is to think he would get away with this. Just got his dream job and he's cocked it up within a couple of months. What a fool.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are two things here:

1. Allardyce's personal opinions on people, Wembley Stadium, Roy Hodgson's handling of the England team = all his personal opinion, a lot of it true, some unnecessary personal attacks but nothing illegal or anything you wouldn't expect a bloke with a huge ego like Big Sam to come out with.

2. Allardyce's willingness to meet, discuss and take payment for consultancy services involving third party ownership and circumventing the rules of his employer the FA and FIFA = totally unacceptable, gross misconduct and if he remains in post then not only have we reached the very nadir but completely lost any moral high ground we might have held re FIFA /UEFA corruption.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whilst it was nowhere near the worst thing said , I wonder what the players think of the comment "the players let him down" when asked about Euro 16.

Whilst it's true, I doubt the players would be delighted the new manager said that.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
2. Allardyce's willingness to meet, discuss and take payment for consultancy services involving third party ownership and circumventing the rules of his employer the FA and FIFA = totally unacceptable, gross misconduct and if he remains in post then not only have we reached the very nadir but completely lost any moral high ground we might have held re FIFA /UEFA corruption.

This is clearly the reason why he would have to go, if he ends up going. I suspect it will come down to whether he is indeed 'advising' people how to get round rules, or just stating his opinion of the situation when asked. It is pretty borderline, and certainly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here