Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Sam could be in trouble...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You could come up with a short list of 10 or so English managers that are high profile enough to be stung.

The 2 international managers could be interesting, Ranieri?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No......the shock was that they employed a man with his dubious past in the first place.

Indeed,

How is it going for you this season, you seem to be doing OK? Do you reckon you have a decent chance of coming back up this season? How are you enjoying games in League One, they tend to be very different to the Championship, although winning regularly does make everything so much better imo.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Indeed,

How is it going for you this season, you seem to be doing OK? Do you reckon you have a decent chance of coming back up this season? How are you enjoying games in League One, they tend to be very different to the Championship, although winning regularly does make everything so much better imo.

We started off with 4 straight wins without clobbering anybody but have kept losing our better players to injury & have now gone 5 games without a win. If we could get our best team out, i think we'd be alright for the play offs.

I've no problem with the lower leagues, we had years down here before, but it's come as a shock to our fans who only started in the premier league.

Anyway, just setting off for Rochdale........& we'll be lucky to get a draw there with our injuries. That's life.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see no fault in anybody using knowledge to circumvent rules which are there to be bent but never broken.

You see no fault, in the England manager selling his services, to teach other people how to 'circumvent' his own employers rules?

If so, you are an idiot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not exactly an ethical position to take. Might be a bit old-fashioned but we used to talk about the "spirit" of the rules as much as the letter of the rules.

That was in years gone by when there was less at stake and it was always said that it is not the winning but the taking part that is important. Times and attitudes have changed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What Sam has done is wrong but I hate the media in our country . Why do they always look to stitch up our national team and shoot ourselves in the foot. I suppose at least this time they had the decency not to do it just before a major tournament .

I suspect Big Sam made a few enemies in the media when he was threatening to sue all and sundry when the story broke about his son being a crook.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here