Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Sam could be in trouble...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Take note kids - when you start drinking pints of wine, bad things happen... #BigSamsPintOfWine

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Is there any agent or club that doesn't know how to circumvent third party ownership? I doubt it these days

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Obviously £3m a year as England boss is not enough. Get rid.

Should the worse happen, hopefully he wouldn't qualify for a payoff? Would the FA be that stupid?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There are two things here:

1. Allardyce's personal opinions on people, Wembley Stadium, Roy Hodgson's handling of the England team = all his personal opinion, a lot of it true, some unnecessary personal attacks but nothing illegal or anything you wouldn't expect a bloke with a huge ego like Big Sam to come out with.

2. Allardyce's willingness to meet, discuss and take payment for consultancy services involving third party ownership and circumventing the rules of his employer the FA and FIFA = totally unacceptable, gross misconduct and if he remains in post then not only have we reached the very nadir but completely lost any moral high ground we might have held re FIFA /UEFA corruption.

Absolutely -first count is distasteful, even if we have all probably indulged in such mickey-taking such as "woy" but taking even more payment which involves putting one over the FA - if it is all proven, then he deserves all he gets. Sadly, with so much money sloshing about the world of football, as in other areas of life, corruption is virtually inevitable, given human greed. Doesn't excuse him, though.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He won't be sacked, it is just a nasty TORY paper set up and when you read what he actually said instead of the edited version it's nothing to get your knickers in a twist about

isn't there some saying about there is none so blind as those who do not want to see. . .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The FA did utterly condemn The Sun for printing a 'woy' headline 4 years ago. It wouldn't be like a football governing body to have double standards though.................

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
What Sam has done is wrong but I hate the media in our country . Why do they always look to stitch up our national team and shoot ourselves in the foot. I suppose at least this time they had the decency not to do it just before a major tournament .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What Sam has done is wrong but I hate the media in our country . Why do they always look to stitch up our national team and shoot ourselves in the foot. I suppose at least this time they had the decency not to do it just before a major tournament .

I think your use of "they" and "ourselves" shows that SA has well and truly shot himself in the foot. Yes, I agree there is vaguely something distasteful about trying to ensnare someone, but then when someone comes on the box, who has a huge responsibility and salary to go with it, would we not want to be totally confident in their integrity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here