BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wait until the end of the month for a striker and we are likely to be strengthening from position of weakness rather than strength.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, another day in January ticked off and nothing on new signings......how familiar !!

Almost sounds as though you'd be happy with us signing anyone just so there's an announcement? I would rather the club focuses on the players we have targeted. Hopefully we'll get one or two more before the window closes..

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Almost sounds as though you'd be happy with us signing anyone just so there's an announcement? I would rather the club focuses on the players we have targeted. Hopefully we'll get one or two more before the window closes..

and drop more points while we wait...yeah, great idea !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yeah and drop even more points....targets must have been made before now ?

It was intimated on a thread last night that we can forget a forward signing until the end of the month. I wonder if Bloom has decided to back off from the big money signing and go for a 93 day loan for Glenn Murray? Getting a quality striker to sign for the Albion permanently seems a dream to me. We will not pay the going rate IMO. We have flaffed around so much over the last few years on strikers, I have little confidence

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
yeah and drop even more points....targets must have been made before now ?

They probably were, but for what could be a multitude of reasons those signings haven't come to fruition . . . yet. Some clubs may simply not be prepared to sell, some targets may not want to come to the Albion, and others may prefer to keep their options open, and wait until the end of the window to see if any other clubs might come in with a better or more attractive offer.

I often think that any transfer window has two stages. The initial stage, when signings are made quickly within the first few days, (aka Anthont Knockeart), followed by a relatively quite period, before an almighty scramble in the last few days, when clubs and players finally decide who is olffering them the most attractive deal.

I would be surprised to see us sign anyone else, until the last week of trading.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It was intimated on a thread last night that we can forget a forward signing until the end of the month. I wonder if Bloom has decided to back off from the big money signing and go for a 93 day loan for Glenn Murray? Getting a quality striker to sign for the Albion permanently seems a dream to me. We will not pay the going rate IMO. We have flaffed around so much over the last few years on strikers, I have little confidence

Sadly, you could well be right. Although IF we did manage to land Glenn, even for an initial 93 day loan, I would be delighted. That would take us through ubntil the end of the season, and then perhaps if he has done well, we can secure him on a permanent deal.

Here's hoping.

DavePage

How many more bad results before Tony steps back and says Phew, I nearly spent 10 million on one player. The problem is more widespread than I thought. Umm, money back in pocket I think.

We weren’t playing particularly well but were still getting some sort of result, my thought at the time was that was our dip in form, but getting away with it.
What are we going to be like when we hit the purple patch? We should walk this league.

Sadly the momentum has been lost, how long will it take the injured to get back to full steam? Was full steam having an unbeaten run where truthfully a couple of games aside, we were not convincing.
At least they had the confidence during that run to have that fight back spirit, which is something we haven’t seen for a few years now.
Spirit and confidence has been lost, temporarily we hope.

So if you had 10 million to spend, would you want to at this moment in time? 4 weeks ago, probably yes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly, you could well be right. Although IF we did manage to land Glenn, even for an initial 93 day loan, I would be delighted. That would take us through ubntil the end of the season, and then perhaps if he has done well, we can secure him on a permanent deal.

Here's hoping.
We'd have to sign Murray somewhere near the end of February for him to be available for the playoffs, which may be too late.

I hope we get someone decent in the next 19 days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We'd have to sign Murray somewhere near the end of February for him to be available for the playoffs, which may be too late.

I hope we get someone decent in the next 19 days.

Well if he can help us GET to the play offs that alone would be a success. Once we reach them, the play-offs themselves can be a bit of a lottery anyway.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Thank you, Charlie's Shinpad. My circumstances are very similar to yours. I have not always had these contacts, and I doubt very much I always will. You can tell from my 10 years posting history that I haven't spent the last 10 years posting nothing, only to suddenly (last 18 months) start firing a lot of crap at the wall for no apparent reason!

Keep on posting the bullshit Wedgee, it keeps the kids happy.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sorry - uncharacteristically busy at work. Scratch my first line.

The rest stands true though:

ii) From what I'm told, Bolanos was never on, let alone still a possibility, as seems to be being said here..

I'm sure you posted at some point that you had heard positive things from the club on this one. In fact I'm not sure because I can't be arsed to check, but you did, didn't you?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We had a scout at Bradford today apparently.
Gary Liddle (central midfield) didn't play apparently "because a club are in for him"
Would be good cover for Kayal/Stephens if we were looking to let Holla or Ince go........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports