Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sorry - uncharacteristically busy at work. Scratch my first line.

The rest stands true though:

i) There is no pressure on me from the club to keep anything secret.
ii) From what I'm told, Bolanos was never on, let alone still a possibility, as seems to be being said here.

Beyond that, rumour and hope is the lifeblood of NSC. I'm not going to discourage it.

Thanks for clarifying that. We are of course poles apart on Bolaños. From my understanding there is still a firm interest in both, he is not the primary target, but that still means he could be the secondary or fall back target, and of course he could be the second piece of a dual target. I can imagine one of the tactics the club uses every time the window is open is to deploy smoke screens and chaff to shroud the real story, this is what makes it such an imprecise science, following this stuff. Sorry to distract you from your employ.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Hope wedgee continues to post. Along with NooBHA and Bozza he is one of the few people on here who actually knows anything at all. He is going to get it wrong sometimes, but that's all part of the fun and what keeps the board interesting.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thanks. You also said there would be incoming transfer news between 5pm yesterday and midday today, not happening now?

Again, I think you're interpreting what I said to mean a formal club signing announcement, which if you read my words is not what I said! I said there would be a transfer news update, later qualified to say inbound, and I posted that update, following corroborated conversations between two genuine sources. As my post said, it didn't turn out to be rocket science, but it wasn't a guess either. I'm actually astounded that we're still interested in either of them, let alone both, after recent history. But while everyone else May be guessing and surmising, and the post count grows exponentially, I was actually posting a genuinely informed update that has real substance to it. But, as you've seen, many people including the leader seem to think I'm just another oxygen depleting keyboard warrior, so I've agreed reluctantly to just post on closed groups. People really need to read what is said, and interpret it at face value, not imagine it says something else!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hope wedgee continues to post. Along with NooBHA and Bozza he is one of the few people on here who actually knows anything at all. He is going to get it wrong sometimes, but that's all part of the fun and what keeps the board interesting.

Absolutely agree.

Let's be honest, the constant on/off saga re the two South. Americans has been highly entertaining .

As an aside , the rumour mill entertainment etc has far exceeded that on the pitch for the last half a dozen games. The only day I don't enjoy NSC now, is match days.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thanks for clarifying that. We are of course poles apart on Bolaños. From my understanding there is still a firm interest in both, he is not the primary target, but that still means he could be the secondary or fall back target, and of course he could be the second piece of a dual target. I can imagine one of the tactics the club uses every time the window is open is to deploy smoke screens and chaff to shroud the real story, this is what makes it such an imprecise science, following this stuff. Sorry to distract you from your employ.

From my purely outsiders perspective, I'm sure we will have a list of targets that we are working to probably weighted by price, wage demand, fee and availability etc. We will probably open negotiations with several parties and any deals will probably be dependant upon work permits etc plus other targets yes or no. It could easily be the case that we talking to multiple targets at the same time. What I find more difficult to understand is that if this is the case why we have not moved on from Calleri yet?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From my purely outsiders perspective, I'm sure we will have a list of targets that we are working to probably weighted by price, wage demand, fee and availability etc. We will probably open negotiations with several parties and any deals will probably be dependant upon work permits etc plus other targets yes or no. It could easily be the case that we talking to multiple targets at the same time. What I find more difficult to understand is that if this is the case why we have not moved on from Calleri yet?
I am absolutely not ITK but maybe because the other 'done deals' have either fallen through, or were just BS from Italy, Brazil or elsewhere perhaps.....almost no-one has access to the truth....

Agree with the post above. The speculation is hugely entertaining, and much more fun on NSC than match days. Last night on here was more depressing than the result

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Again, I think you're interpreting what I said to mean a formal club signing announcement, which if you read my words is not what I said! I said there would be a transfer news update, later qualified to say inbound, and I posted that update, following corroborated conversations between two genuine sources. As my post said, it didn't turn out to be rocket science, but it wasn't a guess either. I'm actually astounded that we're still interested in either of them, let alone both, after recent history. But while everyone else May be guessing and surmising, and the post count grows exponentially, I was actually posting a genuinely informed update that has real substance to it. But, as you've seen, many people including the leader seem to think I'm just another oxygen depleting keyboard warrior, so I've agreed reluctantly to just post on closed groups. People really need to read what is said, and interpret it at face value, not imagine it says something else!

Keep on posting Wedgee! not complaints from me! any inside info is good and even it turns out to be speculation, its all part of the fun and games of the transfer window :)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

You don't seem a fake ITK so why not keep on posting here. Your results will speak for themselves.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I was also in the loop few years back when a certain player was with us and I only fed stuff on here which I knew was legit and I sometimes got burnt for it but I only put down what I was told by him
Keep posting mate as it brightens up my day at least

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its all about discussion. ITK postings are.enjoyable because they encourage that discussion. Sometimes they turn out right and thats great. I dont get all upset when they dont tgough. Its a risk the poster takes

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you, Charlie's Shinpad. My circumstances are very similar to yours. I have not always had these contacts, and I doubt very much I always will. You can tell from my 10 years posting history that I haven't spent the last 10 years posting nothing, only to suddenly (last 18 months) start firing a lot of crap at the wall for no apparent reason!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Thank you, Charlie's Shinpad. My circumstances are very similar to yours. I have not always had these contacts, and I doubt very much I always will. You can tell from my 10 years posting history that I haven't spent the last 10 years posting nothing, only to suddenly (last 18 months) start firing a lot of crap at the wall for no apparent reason!

Wedgee if you do decide to no longer post here, i for one would be delighted to be added to any closed group to gain your info mate!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I heard that we are not currently actively looking to make any further changes to our defensive ranks in this window..... Hope that's not too cryptic!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would guess he doesnt want to drop to the championship so would be a non starter anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here