Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I've had a few asking to join one of the whatsapp groups, which I'll try to sort.

Of course, what I post on there may well get recycled onto here anyway by someone else, but it will come across as "I heard from a mate..." which doesn't carry much weight, and would probably get due ridicule as being no better informed than the next person.

A few want me to continue to post if I get something genuinely insightful, but I'm really not sure that's a good idea as the leader and manager of this board (who I don't know personally but I respect enormously for what he has built and maintains so well) is already on my case.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I've had a few asking to join one of the whatsapp groups, which I'll try to sort.

Of course, what I post on there may well get recycled onto here anyway by someone else, but it will come across as "I heard from a mate..." which doesn't carry much weight, and would probably get due ridicule as being no better informed than the next person.

A few want me to continue to post if I get something genuinely insightful, but I'm really not sure that's a good idea as the leader and manager of this board (who I don't know personally but I respect enormously for what he has built and maintains so well) is already on my case.

It's ITK jealousy, I wouldn't worry about it.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Come of it and get a thicker skin like BG. You have been on NSC long enough and seen enough bullshit to know we are a little cautious in believing someone ITK. The club are very good at keeping things to their chests. But as for not fully believing in peeps who say they know something these threads are very popular. Carry on posting what you know. Either you will get the glory or burn in flames:O:flameboun

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's always a shame when genuinely good sources get shouted down and put off posting on this board. NSC is always poorer for it.

So we get left with Roy DeAlien, and Transfer Centre 9 on Twitter, and those that drive the decent info off this board can just be happy, I guess.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Come of it and get a thicker skin like BG. You have been on NSC long enough and seen enough bullshit to know we are a little cautious in believing someone ITK. The club are very good at keeping things to their chests. But as for not fully believing in peeps who say they know something these threads are very popular. Carry on posting what you know. Either you will get the glory or burn in flames:O:flameboun

Seconded. Appreciate what you do.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's always a shame when genuinely good sources get shouted down and put off posting on this board. NSC is always poorer for it.

So we get left with Roy DeAlien, and Transfer Centre 9 on Twitter, and those that drive the decent info off this board can just be happy, I guess.

Bozza has never been on my case before, because I don't post filth or attack people, but he's straight onto me this time, and I wonder if perhaps he may be getting some heat from the Club. I'm sure he would never be able to confirm this, but it would be entirely understandable in the circumstances, as the Club wants absolute secrecy, and we all want the Club to succeed. So that is the principal reason why I don't want to offend Bozza or cause difficulties, and for which reason a closed group makes more sense and creates much less waves.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Keep posting. As mentioned already Either getting the glory or burning in flames is all part of the rich tapestry of NSC.

(23 minutes and counting, matches at the ready :wink:)

And Bozza isn't controlled by the club. This is just willy waving between you and him - No offence

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If I could make a suggestion [MENTION=3501]Seagullwedgee [/MENTION]- up to you if you wish to agree with it. I don't doubt you have 'sources' and I'd guess some are a lot more reliable than others (I've been passed shite info on many, many a time and occasionally put it on 2nd hand on NSC but never pin my name to it FWIW). Don't stop posting bits you hear, but my suggestion would be to do it in plain English. Most of it seems to be in riddles '12th day of xmas' 'potential transfer news' - just say 'I've been told there will be further news on an incoming transfer today/tomorrow'? Just an observation - that then gets to the point and doesn't leave anything in the unknown or a grey area. ..?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bozza has never been on my case before, because I don't post filth or attack people, but he's straight onto me this time, and I wonder if perhaps he may be getting some heat from the Club. I'm sure he would never be able to confirm this, but it would be entirely understandable in the circumstances, as the Club wants absolute secrecy, and we all want the Club to succeed. So that is the principal reason why I don't want to offend Bozza or cause difficulties, and for which reason a closed group makes more sense and creates much less waves.
Well that does sound reasonable. Maybe the end justifies the means and it is in the club's interest to stop posters with genuine inside info like yourself, or for instance NooBHA, posting on here, and funnelling the censored in-the-know stuff through managed channels.

The problem is that it actually stops the contributions of the most interesting NSC posters, and then we are left with a dumbed down NSC full of palace goons, and the like.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've been on your case because you don't post filth or attack people? I don't remember that. Was I drunk?

I'm happy to confirm that I'm getting no heat from the club in any way, shape or form. There's nothing I know that I could or should be trying to keep secret.

But one of the things you are saying is the complete opposite to what I've been told by the club, as I posted last week.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No, no, you misread me. I said you've never been on my case before, (you've never needed to be) because I don't post filth or attack people. But you have got onto me this time, which I found surprising, because I haven't changed in any way, but you "called me out" which I though was a tad assertive. I've no problem with you at all, I honestly interpreted it to mean that I should back off, and you are after all the person with the upper hand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've been on your case because you don't post filth or attack people? I don't remember that. Was I drunk?

I'm happy to confirm that I'm getting no heat from the club in any way, shape or form. There's nothing I know that I could or should be trying to keep secret.

But one of the things you are saying is the complete opposite to what I've been told by the club, as I posted last week.

Think you've misread his post [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]........

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No, no, you misread me. I said you've never been on my case before, (you've never needed to be) because I don't post filth or attack people. But you have got onto me this time, which I found surprising, because I haven't changed in any way, but you "called me out" which I though was a tad assertive. I've no problem with you at all, I honestly interpreted it to mean that I should back off, and you are after all the person with the upper hand.

Anyhow, we are now passed midday, nothing doing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Think you've misread his post [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]........

Sorry - uncharacteristically busy at work. Scratch my first line.

The rest stands true though:

i) There is no pressure on me from the club to keep anything secret.
ii) From what I'm told, Bolanos was never on, let alone still a possibility, as seems to be being said here.

Beyond that, rumour and hope is the lifeblood of NSC. I'm not going to discourage it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here