Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best live band you have ever seen?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Blue Ox Babes at York Uni circa 85. Or Squeeze 94ish at the Leas Cliffe Hall, Folkestone.

Worst and most disappointing. Joe Bonamassa at the Brighton Centre this year. It may have been that I was just to tired or the venue, but I did shut my eyes for a moment or two!

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
Bon Iver @ Greenman Festival 2009
British Sea Power @ Berwick Village Hall last year (1st night)
Neil Young @ Hop Farm
The Clash @ Crawley Leisure Centre 1978
REM @ Brixton 2003'ish

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In no particular order, Soundgarden, Springsteen, Rollins Band, Deep Purple, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, Audioslave, NIN, Johnny Cash, AC/DC, Beastie Boys, Prodigy, Black Flag, Fugazi, Iron Maiden, the list is endless really, I was a teenager in a golden era of music.

Top 2 have to be Giant Sand, twice at Old Market and Flaming lips at Brighton Centre. Two amazing bands live.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bob Marley @ Brighton Center 1980
Aswad @ Carnival
Steel Pulse...never really into their recordings, good, but never loved, but always loved their concerts.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
THE very best live act in the world is Bruce & the E Street Band. In my (not terribly) humble opinion nobody can touch them.
However if anyone gets the chance to see J J Grey & Mofro grab it cos they come the closest to Springsteen I've ever seen !!
Live AC/DC are great too - always put on a good show and work really hard
Rammstein have to be seen live
If you like blues Lil Ed and the blues imperials, Walter Trout and Tab Benoit are brilliant live

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
New Order Kilburn 1982 - One of the best, and moodiest gigs I've ever seen - Barny can't sing for toffee (although he did improve over the years) but as a 16 year old who had missed Joy Division this hit the spot.

Also saw Killing Joke and Uk Decay at the Hammersmith Palais circa 1982/83 which was a bit special.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The first real rock concert I went to was at the Dome------Argent-----God Gave Rock And Roll To You!!------could not hear properly for two days!
Also a massive mention to Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Dome before the plane crash. Thin Lizzy at Brighton Centre twice cant remember the years? The dodgy smell coming up from the cheap seats at the Dome. Nazareth - people waited till they came on then fecked off during the smoke filling the hall? Wishbone Ash still great. Fecking hell I thought I was going senile, but my brain cells have suddenly come to life!:rock::lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Allman Brothers at the first Knebworth - 1974(?)
Genesis - the Foxtrot tour (1973?)
Van Morrison about 10 years ago at Portsmouth Guildhall. (Have seen him a handful of times, but that was by far the best.)

:rant:
Bonzo Dog Do Da Band. Art College Rag Week in the Ballroom at the Grand. Before there were any redbrick Universities.
Rag Week. That's a term you don't hear nowdays.
Just wish I was old enough to have seen the original bonzos, caught roger ruskin spear solo at fareham college early seventies just after moving away from sussex,and saw three bonzos and a piano in chichester a couple of years ago. But would have loved to have seen viv stanshall in his prime. Also exiled amongst the red and white stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here