Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best live band you have ever seen?

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Arcade fire are the best live band I've seen. Simply epic.
Would also recommend Weezer, Pulp and 2manydjs (if you are into dance music at all)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bonzo Dog Do Da Band. Art College Rag Week in the Ballroom at the Grand. Before there were any redbrick Universities.
Rag Week. That's a term you don't hear nowdays.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Dire Straits, of course.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
For the ability to sound the same live as recorded material

Alison Moyet
Deacon Blue

Both at the Brighton Centre

That's not really the point is it?

I saw Dire Straits at Woburn and was really disappointed - I could have been sat listening to an album in my lounge. I like some edge to my live music experience.

That's why Muse are so fantastic - forget all the snazzy sets and amazing lights and lasers they use - they make their music edgy and epic and totally in the moment.

I agree about Arcade Fire as mentioned above though - their shows are almost spiritual to be at. Honourable mention should also go to Elbow of modern acts - couldn't be more different to Muse and Arcade Fire but Guy Garvey is superb - the natural hier to the John Peel role of being the bloke you'd most like to go down the pub with!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
That's not really the point is it?

I saw Dire Straits at Woburn and was really disappointed - I could have been sat listening to an album in my lounge. I like some edge to my live music experience.

That's why Muse are so fantastic - forget all the snazzy sets and amazing lights and lasers they use - they make their music edgy and epic and totally in the moment.

I agree about Arcade Fire as mentioned above though - their shows are almost spiritual to be at. Honourable mention should also go to Elbow of modern acts - couldn't be more different to Muse and Arcade Fire but Guy Garvey is superb - the natural hier to the John Peel role of being the bloke you'd most like to go down the pub with!

I was trying to say the quality of their live performances were very good

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
ive seen loads of bands now including the stereophonics, oasis, ocean colour scene, manic street preachers, sex pistols, stiff little fingers, arctic monkeys, chillis, the enemy to name but a few, however, the best band ive ever seen were the foo fighters, hands down. the gig was absolutely amazing, starting with death cab for cutie, then the awesome biffy clyro, only to finsish with an outstanding set from the foos, who invited roger taylor and alice cooper to play in the encore. i paid fifty quid for a ticket to that, and would pay twice that again to see the exact same show.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Slade at The Suite 1972
Rocky Sharpe and the Razors at the Richmond pub 1972
U2 at Wembley about 1997 or so (not so good in Athens last year)
Jean-Michel Jarre in Athens last year
Bootleg Beatles any time!

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
Black Sabbath at Ozzfest (Ozzie, Iommi, Ward & Butler)
Tool touring the Lateralus Album (think it was at the Astoria)
Fear Factory touring Obsolete (definitely the Astoria, got a mention in the Kerrang live reviews)
earthtone9 at the Concorde 2. Had to do an extended set as the main support (Guano Apes(!?)) didn't turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here