Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Very early days for Ben White, and has not been tested at anywhere near the highest levels required for a top PL defender.

Leeds fans are deluded as everyone knows, he has potential but he hasn't measured up against the best yet. Until that happens consistently no one knows how far he'll go but he obviously has the potential.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wait till he gets here and gets the stick Webster has had.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This as above, and let us remember Webby is starting to find a bit of form, it's taking him nearly 30 games to adjust.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ben White will be our player next season, like he is now.
Potter will use him but probably sparingly to start with and gradually bed him into the team.
No way will we sell him to Leeds. We thereby weaken a relegation rival. Tony will want to maximise his investment and the best way to do that is for White to become a regular Performer for us.
If in due course, he meets all the hype and expectation then a big 4 club will come knocking with a huge bid.
We are in the box seat and there’s nothing more to say than to congratulate Leeds on their season which looks like it will end in promotion and say well done to them on recruiting an influential loan player to get them there. The next challenge for them will be astute recruitment to keep them up next season. Btw, the Villa ploy of buying anything that moves is probably not a good idea.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Here's a scenario, what if Leeds offered us 50 million for White, who wanted to stay at promoted Leeds, guaranteed first team footie or come back to us and be 3rd choice centre half. Just a thought could we turn down that amount for an unproven Premier league player (and drop Webby who has already bedded in )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here's a scenario, what if Leeds offered us 50 million for White, who wanted to stay at promoted Leeds, guaranteed first team footie or come back to us and be 3rd choice centre half. Just a thought could we turn down that amount for an unproven Premier league player (and drop Webby who has already bedded in )

£50M, with a sell on clause and add-ons for international appearances, and I think we'd be tempted.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

You would need to build in a 'What-if' to your scenario of whether or not we still have Lewis Dunk next season.

There have been several suggestions from Pro pundits that due to Dunk's age this will be his last chance of a move to a 'Big-Six' team or to a team playing European football.

I would think a more realistic fee for Ben White might be around £30m. If we still have Dunk next season that amount might be considered. Let's hope we can see Ben play for us for a bit of time at least.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You would need to build in a 'What-if' to your scenario of whether or not we still have Lewis Dunk next season.

There have been several suggestions from Pro pundits that due to Dunk's age this will be his last chance of a move to a 'Big-Six' team or to a team playing European football.

I would think a more realistic fee for Ben White might be around £30m. If we still have Dunk next season that amount might be considered. Let's hope we can see Ben play for us for a bit of time at least.

If the Newcastle takeover goes through they will be in the market for a new defence and Dunk would certainly be on their radar.

With the Saudi money burning a hole in their pocket we could pull their pants down.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006

I agree with everything you say but I dont think 30million would be anything near enough for us to sell him to Leeds. He is our player and I think we would rather he came here to fulfill his Premier league qualities at 30 million, but if 50million was put on the table by Leeds it might be tempting for us, leeds and White. They keep momentum with a player they have developed and White plays for a Premier league club and we pocket 50 million, with add ons......we really are in a win win remembering a top six club would struggle to justify 50million for a player in this stage of his development. Wont happen though I can't imagine Leeds splashing money like that, would they?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No way will we sell him to Leeds. We thereby weaken a relegation rival.

We won’t be relegation fodder next season.*
No need to worry about Leeds Utd until we play them. I think we’ll make the jump to top ten (or pretty close) next season. We’ve got the game, just need to convert more chances.

*Predicated on finding an effective long term Murray replacement who’ll score from the off.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

After our time investment, given his age, his current rate of development, potential and his contract..

£30m would be laughed out of court. Not a chance at that price.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ben White is last seasons Adam Webster (in the Championship). He saves us about £20m this summer. I don't think we would sell him unless stupid money comes in, or we are relegated. Tony Bloom has already said he thinks it will be a buyers market this summer, so I think he is going nowhere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you rate Potter above Bielsa?

One's a premiership manager one championship.

One is a young progressive manager the other sits on a bin

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nixon reckons we have a new contract ready for him, and a 40-50 million £ price tag if he really wants to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here