Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
how many times have we played with 3 at back

Agree. Playing this formation certainly isn't the given that people are saying it is. 4-2-3-1, with the occasional 4-2-2-2 is more likely on the evidence of this season

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Absolutely no chance we will sell him to one of next years relegation rivals. None.

Besides, Leeds couldn't afford him. A big club may get a look in though - For a shed load of cash of course.

If I was Tony Bloom, I can't even imagine the amount of money which Leeds could offer which could make me think it would be a good idea to sell them White.

Anyway, we've got about 20 or 30% fans who are convinced we'll bend over and take it from Leeds. I and many others, have tried to explain why this won't happen and I don't intend to any more. Let them wallow miserably in their inferiority complexes. Leeds fans on the other hand, I don't want to ruin the moment when the realisation dawns on them. That will be a nice day.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If I was Tony Bloom, I can't even imagine the amount of money which Leeds could offer which could make me think it would be a good idea to sell them White.

Anyway, we've got about 20 or 30% fans who are convinced we'll bend over and take it from Leeds. I and many others, have tried to explain why this won't happen and I don't intend to any more. Let them wallow miserably in their inferiority complexes. Leeds fans on the other hand, I don't want to ruin the moment when the realisation dawns on them. That will be a nice day.

I know everyone loves a bit of hyperbole, but I’ve not met a single Brighton fan, not read anything on here or elsewhere from a Brighton fan, that realistically thinks we would even consider selling White to Leeds.

The consensus is a resounding “on yer bike”. Even Leeds fans seem mostly resigned to it now that it looks likely we will stay up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don’t know a single fan who thinks we’ll sell. IMO there is literally no chance of us selling to Leeds, and a tiny chance we’ll get a too-good-to-refuse offer from a (proper) big club (to which Tony will still likely say **** off). White will be with us next season. He’ll also be MOM against Leeds.......’one of our own’ will be BELTED out from the stands. [emoji16]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t know a single fan who thinks we’ll sell. IMO there is literally no chance of us selling to Leeds, and a tiny chance we’ll get a too-good-to-refuse offer from a (proper) big club (to which Tony will still likely say **** off). White will be with us next season. He’ll also be MOM against Leeds.......’one of our own’ will be BELTED out from the stands. [emoji16]

One of our own ? Didn’t we get him when he was 17 after Southampton released him ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One of our own ? Didn’t we get him when he was 17 after Southampton released him ?

If it were the circumstances outlined by the previous poster, I don't think we need to quibble over the minutiae

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Webster is alright. I think Duffy is better. I’m not sure on White as not watched him enough but from what Leeds etc say he will be better than both of them now/very soon. I’ve seen Potter improve Connolly and Alzate in short periods of time. I’d like us to keep White. However if a top 4 club come in offering silly, silly money then it’s fair enough and we can’t stand in his way. But it’s a win win as far as I see it!

* Of course if Leeds / Massive or even Villa come in for him he’ll go there

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Watched BW play against Cardiff my first thought was he will have to improve dramatically to play in the PL. Got sold by Cardiff players a couple of times far to easily, PL strikers and we are a goal down.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don’t think he’s good enough to be a centre back. Too small.

We will keep him and play him as a defensive midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don’t think he’s good enough to be a centre back. Too small.

We will keep him and play him as a defensive midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much flawless in a league which is far more physical with teams more reliant on putting crosses in the box. You’re just so utterly wrong.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Great White hope.

Will he be better than Dunk?

We’ll just have to wait and see.

I think we’ll know by Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here