Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Absolutely no chance we will sell him to one of next years relegation rivals. None.

Besides, Leeds couldn't afford him. A big club may get a look in though - For a shed load of cash of course.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I thought all our support realised now that we don’t sell our players, unless we want to sell them. The days of our club getting ripped off when selling players is long gone,
Stephens , Dunk, and Knocky could all have been sold, but, TB didn’t want to sell so they didn’t go, even though Stephens and Dunk wanted to leave.

White is going nowhere unless it’s for a large amount of moolah, and it certainly won’t be to dirty Leeds.

100% this. No one gets one over on TB any more. Those days are behind us.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sadly good p[ayers have upper hand these days. If he doesnt think it certain he will be in our team he will make it clear to club he wants to sign for Leeds. You couldnt blame him.as he would be first choice at Leeds. Would think he will only be here if Webster or Dunk leave or Potter persuades him we will play 3 at the back...Cant see Potter paying £20m for Webster and leaving him out and so lot depends on if big club come in for Dunk.. Hopefully can get good price for Duffy and Clarke will be reserve centre back

Back to the 3-5-2 next season, what that means for Burn I’m not too sure as I highly doubt he’ll be the LWB

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My only problem is I can't see where we'd play him next season. Don't see Dunk leaving - and surely White isn't at a standard to take Dunk's place yet;
Potter is heavily committed to Webster - paid £20M for him, very much a Potter project, can't see Potter dropping him - it would be a big loss of face to do so;
White isn't really a left side of a three player - he's played right back in the past, and centre or right CB; would he get Burn's place anyway?
Obvious replacement for the likely to depart (IMHO) Duffy - but will he want Duffy's place in the squad (reserve CB)?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My only problem is I can't see where we'd play him next season. Don't see Dunk leaving - and surely White isn't at a standard to take Dunk's place yet;
Potter is heavily committed to Webster - paid £20M for him, very much a Potter project, can't see Potter dropping him - it would be a big loss of face to do so;
White isn't really a left side of a three player - he's played right back in the past, and centre or right CB; would he get Burn's place anyway?
Obvious replacement for the likely to depart (IMHO) Duffy - but will he want Duffy's place in the squad (reserve CB)?

Competition for places = Better performances.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Back to the 3-5-2 next season, what that means for Burn I’m not too sure as I highly doubt he’ll be the LWB

Potter will always play as many 3-at-the-back formations as 4-at-the-back formations in a season in my option.

However, the White-Dunk-Webster back three would be better than Wolves lauded current back three in my opinion. I’m looking forward already to seeing those lads together. I’d hope that the wing backs had lightening speed. Lamptey & March/Bernardo would be my preference.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter will always play as many 3-at-the-back formations as 4-at-the-back formations in a season in my option.

However, the White-Dunk-Webster back three would be better than Wolves lauded current back three in my opinion. I’m looking forward already to seeing those lads together. I’d hope that the wing backs had lightening speed. Lamptey & March/Bernardo would be my preference.
I'd rather see White-Dunk-Burn - but as I said, can't see Potter willingly dropping Webster.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd rather see White-Dunk-Burn - but as I said, can't see Potter willingly dropping Webster.

I don't get this Webster thing. If White comes in and is better than Webster, I think Potter would drop him in a heartbeat. Same goes for Dunk. They will all have to earn selection, in my humble opinion anyway.

el punal

I don't get this Webster thing. If White comes in and is better than Webster, I think Potter would drop him in a heartbeat. Same goes for Dunk. They will all have to earn selection, in my humble opinion anyway.

Absolutely right. Potentially we could have one of the best squads in Albion’s history. The number of young, exciting players ready to take on the mantle cheers me up no end. I really can’t wait to start watching games at the Amex again - soon, please!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Absolutely right. Potentially we could have one of the best squads in Albion’s history. The number of young, exciting players ready to take on the mantle cheers me up no end. I really can’t wait to start watching games at the Amex again - soon, please!

totally agree. I know we dont have any superstars really but I do think if we could add 1 or 2 players that are another step up in class then thats the sort of thing that takes us to a next level.

Must stay up first which isnt certain of course

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It’s a weird sense of logic to think that a manager whose career is driven by the results of a team would select someone he thought to be inferior, isn’t it? Besides, centre back is a position where suspensions are inevitable, so we need a least 4 in the squad.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Have to say whatever the outcome, the club have done sensational business here.

If Leeds or a bigger club want Ben White, they have to pay very significant coin. It’s as simple as that, and it would have to eclipse the fee we paid for Webster for Tony to even consider it, so £40m +.

That’s even if White wants to leave, which I doubt.

If not we have an fantastic young talent to add to our already exciting young squad. Dunk / Webster / White would be an incredible back 3. And there is also potential of Ben playing CM.

We as a club are going places. And I love what someone said above, what a kicker for Leeds. They’ll get promoted and as our relegation rivals will straight away lose their best defender.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That was naughty
Ha, the pundit said that after I posted it. it shows they all come on here to glean some much needed guidance

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If we stay up, then we will be a seriously good proposition for any young, talented footballer. Four-season PL club with a progressive coach who plays passing football and appears to believe in the adage 'if you're good enough, you're old enough' plus a director of football who has the ear and trust of the England manager. Leeds are a draw, but so are #teamslikebrighton now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here