Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite, Dalglish and Aguero were/are very strong despite their stature.

Actually I thought Connolly was doing okay at Leicester the other night........... so size isn't everything !! LoL

Hope so, Lamptey looks like he could be a phenomenal RB

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Absolutely.............

And I don’t think either will be at Leeds next season .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could Bielsa at Everton next season as per the links at Xmas.

Watching the Leeds Netflix documentary he seems to relish challenges

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Why do you think that Bielsa won't be at Leeds if they get promoted, which looks very likely? Concerned that he won't be able to keep them up?

I had a thought .......I think if Leeds are promoted then Bielsa will call it a day because of his age and after coronavirus he will be happy to go home after he has done what he said he would .......... so Leeds need a new manager , Dyche is unhappy at Burnley and lives in Doncaster, could be the man to consolidate them in the premier league.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I had a thought .......I think if Leeds are promoted then Bielsa will call it a day because of his age and after coronavirus he will be happy to go home after he has done what he said he would .......... so Leeds need a new manager , Dyche is unhappy at Burnley and lives in Doncaster, could be the man to consolidate them in the premier league.

There's no way he won't want a crack at the Premier League having taken them there. El Loco calling it quits to go quietly into the night? Nah.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
There's no way he won't want a crack at the Premier League having taken them there. El Loco calling it quits to go quietly into the night? Nah.

As I said , just a thought.

Only time will tell......

Yorkshireman

Jun 28, 2020
Leeds fan here who's followed Brighton since Potter joined. Really like his style of football and what he's trying to do at the club.

Not a chance he leaves if we're promoted. If we stay in the Championship he'll go and we're in real trouble.

Yes it has, he’s really struggled physically, which may also be White’s struggle as well.

White embarrassed the best striker in the league on saturday and he's been by far the best defender in the championship this year. His awareness and reading of the game is superb - you don't need to be a 6'2 shithouse to be a centre half now.

His body build. He’s wafer thin.

He will slot in perfectly infront of the back two like bridcutt.
He's played at defensive midfield a couple of times for us and he's not been as effective. Then again, we have the best defensive midfielder in the league. He's a fantastic centre half so I'm amazed you'd want to move him.

Jury out for me. I see White as perfect to play in a back three alongside Dunk and Duffy/Webster, but not convinced he is strong enough or big enough to cope in a two.
Weird considering he's played in a two this entire season and he's been absolutely incredible. I've seen Webster play before and I honestly think Ben White is better. He's genuinely the real deal and will be a England centre half. I can't express how good he is.

Ben White is last seasons Adam Webster (in the Championship). He saves us about £20m this summer. I don't think we would sell him unless stupid money comes in, or we are relegated. Tony Bloom has already said he thinks it will be a buyers market this summer, so I think he is going nowhere.
I hope you're wrong. Liverpool have followed him all season at ER (their scout is an ex centre half of ours) and whilst I hope he'll sign for us, I'm one of the few fans who think he'd go to Liverpool. We're in hope that he'd want to continue under Bielsa rather than sit on the bench at Liverpool.

One's a premiership manager one championship.

One is a young progressive manager the other sits on a bin

I lol'd.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Leeds fan here who's followed Brighton since Potter joined. Really like his style of football and what he's trying to do at the club.

Not a chance he leaves if we're promoted. If we stay in the Championship he'll go and we're in real trouble.

White embarrassed the best striker in the league on saturday and he's been by far the best defender in the championship this year. His awareness and reading of the game is superb - you don't need to be a 6'2 shithouse to be a centre half now.

He's played at defensive midfield a couple of times for us and he's not been as effective. Then again, we have the best defensive midfielder in the league. He's a fantastic centre half so I'm amazed you'd want to move him.

Weird considering he's played in a two this entire season and he's been absolutely incredible. I've seen Webster play before and I honestly think Ben White is better. He's genuinely the real deal and will be a England centre half. I can't express how good he is.

I hope you're wrong. Liverpool have followed him all season at ER (their scout is an ex centre half of ours) and whilst I hope he'll sign for us, I'm one of the few fans who think he'd go to Liverpool. We're in hope that he'd want to continue under Bielsa rather than sit on the bench at Liverpool.

I lol'd.

I don’t think you have a snowballs chance in hell of keeping White. I don’t even think he’s going anywhere, Liverpool would take a punt if he had , had a season in the PL, I don’t believe we will sell him, we have not sold a player we didn’t want to sell for a longtime now, and I don’t think we’ll start again with White.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018

I lol'd.

Welcome to your opinion, I’m no Ben white expert but considering the competition for places at Brighton there’s no certainty he’d get in our first team next season, especially if Dunk stays and Webster continues to improve.

I’d also venture that White is now where Webster was last season, a very good Championship Centre back, there’s no certainty what happens to him in the Premier League but one thing I’m fairly certain of is that Brighton won’t be selling a talented young player to a rival for survival next season if they thought he would get in our first team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I lol'd.

There is not a cats in hell chance Ben White will go to Leeds. For a start - our chairman has invested heavily in youth and the academy since he took over, he is not going to be selling one of our best products of this new system to a newly promoted Championship side. In fact if you look at our chairmans record in his tenure - I can only think of 1 player he sold that he probably did not want to - and that was Ulloa to Leicester for well over £10M when we were in the Championship.

We don't have to sell him, he has 2 years left on his contract and he will almost certainly be in our match day squad next season. We have no reason to sell him and even if we did - Leeds couldn't afford the price we'd put on him. He is almost certainly a ready made replacement for Duffy to move on and we don't have to fork out any money to replace him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I lol'd.

Thanks for your well thought out and informative post.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is amazing how many partizan fans think that one good season in division 2 makes a defender nearly world class. Villa fans were the same about Tyrone Mings. Ben White is operating at a level similar to Webster last season, and he has taken 3 quarters of a season to find his feet at this level.

White may well prove to be a good player in the top flight but if it turns out he replaces Dunk next season then we will be weaker at the back for most of the season, I'm fairly sure of that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’s also common knowledge of those ITK that we are offering White a much improved extended contract, I don’t think we would do that if we intended to sell him this summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I lol'd.

Thanks for that - good to hear. Agree re Bielsa - can't see he'd walk away from a crack at the PL. Don't think you've got a hope in hell of keeping White though - he'll be coming back to us (and if his development continues at the same pace, probably going to a top 4 club after next season)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is amazing how many partizan fans think that one good season in division 2 makes a defender nearly world class. Villa fans were the same about Tyrone Mings. Ben White is operating at a level similar to Webster last season, and he has taken 3 quarters of a season to find his feet at this level.

White may well prove to be a good player in the top flight but if it turns out he replaces Dunk next season then we will be weaker at the back for most of the season, I'm fairly sure of that.

Agreed, it is a BIG step up to the Premier League and until White plays at this level it’s very open to debate if he’s good enough to displace our CBs let alone a top 4 sides...imo

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I’m surprised Belgrade fans are even giving an opinion to be honest.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

I lol'd.

We have no recent record of selling our promising youth prospects.

It'll have to be an eye watering bid combined with Ben's desire to move.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This is obviously true - insofar as replacing Dunk with pretty much anyone short of Van Dijk, would weaken our defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here