Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham's wages at PSG will go to a local children's charity

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Beckham on why he has chosen to donate his salary to charity: "One of the reasons I wanted to come to Paris was we decided on something quite unique. I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity. That's one of the things we're excited and proud to do. It's something exciting and I'm not sure it's been done before."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Surely he couldn't have just given his wages to charity no matter where he went? Without the need to announce it to the world?

Fair play though.. Wonderful thing to do.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What an excellent gesture. It's great to see someone that's idolised by so many acting in such a selfless way. I hope it inspires others.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
He could have said less about it but that isn't Beckham's fashion, at least he is doing it though and it is the gesture that counts. Also this keeps him out of England and i would hate to have to watch him play here, let alone for Brighton.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Even if it is a PR exercise on his and PSG's part, does that matter? No player has ever done that and a childrens charity will get more money each week than they probably have in the past few years.

As if it is a cynical tax thing, again, is that really such a problem? Would people rather he didn't and the charity doesn't get tens of thousands of pounds a week for five months?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Would expect nothing less from the man.
The guy is a legend, esp. with England Away fans.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I donate mine to the wife every week. She does give me some pocket money though :D

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm as cynical as the next man when it comes to Becks and still view him as one of the most overrated players in history.

But, fair fucks - that is an UNBELIEVABLE thing to do. Good lad.

Dec 29, 2011
So ALL his salary will go to the children's home? Does that mean he will be living off no salary? Does that also mean his children will have to be taken to a children home because their parents can't afford to keep them. Is Beckham in effect just paying for his own children to go to a children's home ???

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
So perhaps he could have donated his wage to a UK charity and played in England for the last few months of his fading career - why Paris, ot has old spice had a say in it I wonder??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it to a local as in French childrens Charity or local as in local to him and his birthplace ie London. Much as I see it a grand gesture my cynical head tells me that if he is on e g 50k per week for 12 months (2.6m £ or EU )would probably mean that all the organizers of that charity will have higher expenses and wages or will it actually go to the actual grass roots of the charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here