Beckham's wages at PSG will go to a local children's charity

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I knew a charity organiser at King Edward VII hospital in Midhurst and she earned much much more than me as a pub manage and I was on a very good wage. Do you honestly believe that the organisers dont feather their own nest first Just take a look at MPs what is the first thing they do when coming to power advocate a pay rise.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But your view is completely unfounded. With zero basis in fact. They haven't even announced which charity he is donating to. You've simply made up what you want to believe, to suit your agenda (of finding something to moan about).

You'll never win, the moaning old bugger will always find a negative slant; I think your description of mean spirited is very apt.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
i was actually a little nauseated by some of those 90s Man Utd and England kit designs...

I quite liked the old black and white Man United away kit from 2001-02... :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a visit to the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville I read one of the great man's beliefs, if you have to announce to everyone when you are doing something good, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Having said that any donation to a worthwhile charity should be welcomed. As for Beckham the footballer, in my opinion 3 other players wearing the number 7 shirt at Man U in the last 20 years would be in a team before him.

Elvis at the height of his career gave away cheques of $1000 to different charities ll very small local Memphis charities that would have jumble sales and coffee mornings to raise funds,without any publicity and the cheque stubs take up 1 wall at his home in Gracelands. $1000 in the late 50s and 60s was a lot of money but it was spread around so that no 1 man could become wealthy on the strength of it.

Last edited:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Elvis at the height of his career gave away cheques of $1000 to different charities without any publicity and the cheque stubs take up 1 wall at his home in Gracelands. $1000 in the late 50s and 60s wasd a lot ogf money but it was spread around so that no 1 man could become wealthy on the strength of it.

this'll be my last post on this thread as i don't usually make a habit of pissing into the wind...

tell me, do you know about every single donation Beckham has made? or do you just assume because there wasn't a thread on here about them that they didn't happen?

cheer up, the world's not as bad a place as you seem to think.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So ALL his salary will go to the children's home? Does that mean he will be living off no salary? Does that also mean his children will have to be taken to a children home because their parents can't afford to keep them. Is Beckham in effect just paying for his own children to go to a children's home ???

I think his children are in the position where they'll never need to worry about money ever.

Also, his PSG salary may be going to charity but that, presumably, doesn't include the vast cash he earns through sponsorships, advertising etc etc.

Regardless, it's a great thing he is doing and I can only hope it has not only an impact on youngsters but also on other professionals. I think we all know there are a fair few overpaid lumps in the game who could spare a few grand a week for a good cause.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
On a visit to the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville I read one of the great man's beliefs, if you have to announce to everyone when you are doing something good, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

What if you're trying to get others to do something similar? There is such a thing as peer pressure, you know.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
David Beckham is "donating five months wages to the starving and malnourished". Lovely man, putting his wife before himself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Beckham is a ledge.

In just four words, I've conveyed both my opinion that David Beckham is a legend, and that I am down with the kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports