Beckham's wages at PSG will go to a local children's charity

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So perhaps he could have donated his wage to a UK charity and played in England for the last few months of his fading career - why Paris, ot has old spice had a say in it I wonder??

He has always maintained he wouldn't want to play in the premier league again unless it was for United

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Maybe the Paris move helps his wife get her foot into the Paris fashion scene as she has already conquered NY ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
With the French taxation system that probably means the lucky charity will get about 18 euros a week to help the poor little orphans.
Very fair play to him. It's well-known that he doesn't need the money any more, but certainly a good gesture for notable gain like this to be given to somewhere local, an area he represents for a short while. Good on him.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
So perhaps he could have donated his wage to a UK charity and played in England for the last few months of his fading career - why Paris, ot has old spice had a say in it I wonder??

Well she is staying in London with the kids so I doubt she has had much of a say in it.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Bit of a legend that man. Don't really understand those saying that he could've said nothing when there's no way that journalists/fans would've let finding out how much he's being paid be a mystery. May as well just announce it and get it out of the way.

Genuinely hope he has a cracking few months just to prove people wrong (you'd think the trophies would do it but apparently not...).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I doubt he's on that much, probably not on 100k, however I agree they will struggle to spend it.

I would personally donate to a charity like Cancer Research or Oxfam, possibly both, if I were in his situation.

i wonder what the odds are of him being knighted at any point in his life are

Probably about 1/5.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the French taxation system that probably means the lucky charity will get about 18 euros a week to help the poor little orphans.
Very fair play to him. It's well-known that he doesn't need the money any more, but certainly a good gesture for notable gain like this to be given to somewhere local, an area he represents for a short while. Good on him.
I was thinking along those lines too.

PSG wanted DB.
The Beckhams wanted Paris.
The new French taxation laws said 'non'.

He's done this everybody comes out looking great, with an FU to 75% tax, or whatever it is.

Well done Becks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being a cynic I would have suggested he would have done more good to have donated a months wages to a specific charity and the next month to another and so forth for the duration of his contract with it split between Paris London possibly Madrid and Manchester charities.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I doubt he's on that much, probably not on 100k, however I agree they will struggle to spend it.

I like the thought of some disadvantaged French kids living the lifestyle of a premier league footballer for the next 12 months.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Being a cynic I would have suggested he would have done more good to have donated a months wages to a specific charity and the next month to another and so forth for the duration of his contract with it split between Paris London possibly Madrid and Manchester charities.

You're not being cynical, actually. You're being churlish and mean-spirited, unnecessarily looking to find fault where there is none.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

you've misused the word 'cynic' there as it does not mean grumpy old twat who moans about everything and always talks bollocks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would personally donate to a charity like Cancer Research or Oxfam, possibly both, if I were in his situation.

I wont donate to either of those as the administration costs take too much out of it. I read once that the actual money going to the source of the charity ie research or a foreign country is less than 10p in the £

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wont donate to either of those as the administration costs take too much out of it. I read once that the actual money going to the source of the charity ie research or a foreign country is less than 10p in the £

Was that on transferrumours.com?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports