Bars - Haywards Heath

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Billy the Fish said:
Well that's a load of bollocks for a start

Keymer road, Alexandra road and Folders lane all have massive houses. Overall though, I would've thought Haywards shades it in the nice house stakes

'fraid not dickhead :salute:

And as some of it will becoming my way in the next few years, bring it on I say (apologies for sounding like that gimp Dwayne and his 'loadsamoney' posts of age :ohmy: )

The road is unspectacular but VERY central and the house and land is on an acre.... hence the reason its worth so much and why developers want to buy it, knocked it down :( and build a stack of luxury homes/flats on the plot...hence the 2 million quid offer made a month ago

So Billy the Fuckwit, don't come out with numpty statements when you don't know the facts :nono:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
In hindsight Billy, i think you were saying bollocks to my claim the houses in HH were 'better' than those in Buggers Hole which would make my post above redundant..........ah, who cares :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun

Jul 25, 2006
Easy 10 said:
There's a couple of semi-presentable barmaids in there as well, and I like the way they have to stretch up to get the pint glasses from the shelf above the bar. One of them has fantastic boobies.

That'll be the one that wears the purple undies..

She is MINT :love:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Find HH bars mostly a bit poncey. Used to go to college there (long before all the pretentious places like Bar Boo and Orange Square started up), and we went through phases of the Burrell :eek: , The Star, the Sarge (aka Sergison Arms- proper name before they changed it to the Dolphin), and a couple of places in Lindfield, one might have been the Red Lion.

I can, however forgive HH even its ponciest modern bars, because it still has the glorious Nizam, purveyors of mighty fine curry

:drool: :bowdown:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Haywards Heath is a hole. I'm more than fortunate to have left.

1. the schools are shit. I went to Oathall and HH College. Both were utter wank.
2. the buildings are ugly. who wants to live in a shitty house for £300k on a housing estate with nothing to do. the developers must be laughing
3. the broadway or "the strip" reminds me of those shit late night falaraki programs on ITV2.
4. Its full of illeducated oiks who live at home with their mum and dad at 25 and then think they are worth something for pulling a few notes out of their pockets in bar boo.
5. Anyone with a soul has left.

there ends my rant

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sod all to do in Haywards Heath, but it's a hell of a lot better than some places I've been to.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Well, you've got the Burrell if you fancy a fight at lunchtime.

Surely it's not STILL the same scabby dive it always used to be? :ohmy:

They must, SURELY have got round replacing, or at leasty mending, the slashed and mildeyed old chairs in the corner?

Tho I suspect not.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
'fraid not dickhead :salute:

And as some of it will becoming my way in the next few years, bring it on I say (apologies for sounding like that gimp Dwayne and his 'loadsamoney' posts of age :ohmy: )

The road is unspectacular but VERY central and the house and land is on an acre.... hence the reason its worth so much and why developers want to buy it, knocked it down :( and build a stack of luxury homes/flats on the plot...hence the 2 million quid offer made a month ago

So Billy the Fuckwit, don't come out with numpty statements when you don't know the facts :nono:
1) Why didn't you post the facts in the first place. Selling a house for two million is different to selling land to developers for two million.
2) I was agreeing with you

3) I'm more than willing to meet up in one of the shitty local bars on this thread and let you call me a fuckwit to my face ;)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shame the Sussex has gone, :down:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
folkestonesgull said:
Haywards Heath is a hole. I'm more than fortunate to have left.

1. the schools are shit. I went to Oathall and HH College. Both were utter wank.
2. the buildings are ugly. who wants to live in a shitty house for £300k on a housing estate with nothing to do. the developers must be laughing
3. the broadway or "the strip" reminds me of those shit late night falaraki programs on ITV2.
4. Its full of illeducated oiks who live at home with their mum and dad at 25 and then think they are worth something for pulling a few notes out of their pockets in bar boo.
5. Anyone with a soul has left.

there ends my rant

You are welcome to your opinions but I can't agree on the schools. They are of a high standard compared to a lot of other schools (IMO)

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Grendel said:
Are you jealous because you can't afford to live in Haywards Heath? Or do you just have a very tiny penis?

Brighton: Average property price c. £248,000
Haywards Heath: Average property price c. £275,000

You seem to know your stuff, what is the Average property price in Bolney?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Can someone tell me why there are so many poncey bars in the Broadway? It looks like a street out of a downmarket part of the City. Is it because of the private banking offices on Perrymount Road? There seems to be a whole line of them; Lloyds, HSBC, etc. Mind you there was a rather fine chippy on the Broadway, though I don't know if it's still there.

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
This thread has made me all nostalgic!

As a previous Haywards Heather, I am heartened to see so many others with similar views of the town. Easy 10 is correct in his asssment of "the strip". It is full of TWATS and thats the end of it. As someone else said, the close proximity to the "financial district" means a load of "Document reproducion coordinators" (i.e. the only one who was willing to degrade themselves by working for Lloyds as a photocopier for a living) can go out on Friday night in their busines suit (a matching shirt and Tie from NEXT from ther mum) and impress the ladies. It is probably why the people running the place can afford to reject those wearing the ultimate in sinful footwear, trainers.

I remember walking into Orange Square once wearing trainers, (they were my best ones, but too cool for that place clearly) the bouncers spied me and the ensuing reaction would have been akin to that if I had pulled out a gun and threatened the staff. Utterly pathetic.

Away from the strip, it'd be nice to say there was at least ONE place you could remember with fondness... But I cant. They were all places I would now avoid. Unlike Easy 10 I cannot share his enthusiasm for the star, although admittedly he speaks of it on a friday lunchtime and not the evening. It was the place that was overtakn by those who used to frequent The "pick a window, you're leaving" Sussex

Anyway, as a result of that town, I did the only thing I could. Moved abroad!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I used to work in Haywards Heath, do you still have to take out a small mortgage to buy a pint there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports