Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars - Haywards Heath

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
I hear the SAVANNA cafe bar in Haywards Heath (RUN BY TRUE BHA fans is opening very soon, see you all there !!!!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Keeper said:
I hear the SAVANNA cafe bar in Haywards Heath (RUN BY TRUE BHA fans is opening very soon, see you all there !!!!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

yeah but you have to visit RELATIVELY Speaking! :lolol:

I'll pop in to say hello when it's open!:drink:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:

And that place next to Orange Square where they're building the new one was a bloody good deli as well. I used to get a lovely hot roast pork BAP with stuffing in there every now and then at lunchtime. Now its just going to be another soulless chrome & glass wine bar monstrosity that'll attract the prawn sarnie poseurs like flies to shit.

apparently you might be able to get a pork bap at lunchtime :drink:

I might be mistaken but didn't the Cottage Bakery supply Louies bread etc anyway ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I don't do wine bars.

I remember during the 2002 World Cup going into Orange Square to watch an Ireland World Cup match live one lunchtime, as they had a couple of maHOOsive f***-off plasmas in there. On arrival, the plasmas had their BAR MENU on display (despite the fact that the menus were also on the tables).

"Any chance of putting the Ireland game on the big screen mate ?"
"No. The TV is showing the menus"
"Yeah but the menus on the tables anyway"
"No."
"Poke it up yer arse then"

Thats the last time I went in there.

That's truly shocking. Big respect for the response, though.

I remember going into a Cafe Rouge in Esher (yes, I know) during the France World Cup in 98 while there was a match on, only to be confronted with their 'There's more to France than football' posters - and total ban on showing the games. I prompty left, never to return.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Uncle Buck said:
Melv moving into the pub / bar business?

:clap:

I had heard that there will be a mug shot of Peter Canning behind the bar advising the staff to approach with caution and shut the bar to immediatly and only serve alcohol to him when its quiey. The logic behind this is that a 5 hour session for Mr Canning is a more economically viable proposistion to the business than a bar full of suits sipping the latest bottled lager from Slovakia :drink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I popped into Savannah on Saturday night.

Arrived at 8. Got home at 1 am hiccuping uncontrolably. I was drinking Japanese lager (Ashi?) at £3.50 a pint. Nice but stong. I suffered yesterday.

They also have beer and cider at £3 a pint.

The bar is owned by Brighton fans (and the odd Palace one).

They allow trainers and you are allowed to wear football shirts for televised games (mostly England and Albion I guess).

They have already banned smoking inside.

First impressions? I liked it. Will be back again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do they sell PROPER beer or is it all fizzy keg shite?

They sell some bitters but I can't for the life of me remember them.

The brewery they use is Shepherd Neame, if that helps.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
They sell some bitters but I can't for the life of me remember them.

The brewery they use is Shepherd Neame, if that helps.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I'm meant to be going there on Friday and the prospect of an evening on lager was filling me with dread.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I drove up from the station and there are 2 on the left with building work going on I went in 1 of them once and had a meal which was not very good can't remember the name.

I may be wrong they may not have both been bars but I know for sure that 1 was.

Talking of bars etc in HH does anybody know if the Taj Mahal Indian is selling beer again as they had a problem with their licence on the last occassion wife and I went in there, about a month ago, and we couldn't have a beer.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I drove up from the station and there are 2 on the left with building work going on I went in 1 of them once and had a meal which was not very good can't remember the name.

I may be wrong they may not have both been bars but I know for sure that 1 was.

Talking of bars etc in HH does anybody know if the Taj Mahal Indian is selling beer again as they had a problem with their licence on the last occassion wife and I went in there, about a month ago, and we couldn't have a beer.

That must have been the building works they were doing for Savannah, the new one that's just opened, as nothing has closed on the Broadway since Down @ 49s.

I shall endeavour to find out about the Taj Mahal when I'm next that way.

Scanny

Anyone seen Bar Boo has closed down? - Bar Boo hoo hoo :(

Thai Restraunt now, assume must be the same lot who had the place upstairs.

GBP 6.50 Lunchtime special.

Won't really miss Boo though, rancid beer, Tesco Value food.

Anyone ever try one of their Platters???

Jan 30, 2008
f***ing RIDICULOUS
As if there's not ENOUGH poncy bars down that street already. Orange Square, Bar BOO (jesus), Prezzo, Evolution, some other place next to the hoover repair shop I can't remember the name of...what a load of shit.

And that place next to Orange Square where they're building the new one was a bloody good deli as well. I used to get a lovely hot roast pork BAP with stuffing in there every now and then at lunchtime. Now its just going to be another soulless chrome & glass wine bar monstrosity that'll attract the prawn sarnie poseurs like flies to shit.

I'll stick to my lunchtime pint in the STAR thank you. So what if there's sawdust in the beer and you wipe your feet on the way OUT. At least you're not surrounded by a load of Ray-Ban posing PONCES gabbling into their £350 mobile phones.
here, here to much of that going on egotistic twats i say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here