Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars - Haywards Heath

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Indeed. All the Broadway needs now is a couple more charity shops and estate agents, and it will be complete. :jester:

I'll give the place a go when it opens, but I can't say I'm expecting it to be anything other than a chavhole, much like the other bars down there are these days. I'm looking forward to the new takeaway opening in Sussex Road though - curry within walking distance of my flat! Hurrah!

http://www.savannahcafebar.co.uk/ if you're interested, though. Having said that, there's bugger all on the website.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Grendel said:
Indeed. All the Broadway needs now is a couple more charity shops and estate agents, and it will be complete. :jester:

I'll give the place a go when it opens, but I can't say I'm expecting it to be anything other than a chavhole, much like the other bars down there are these days. I'm looking forward to the new takeaway opening in Sussex Road though - curry within walking distance of my flat! Hurrah!

http://www.savannahcafebar.co.uk/ if you're interested, though. Having said that, there's bugger all on the website.

The owners of the bar are TRUE Albion fans with a very good reputation in the Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath area:clap:

For all those who have sampled the culinary delights of The Cottage Bakery will know what I mean :drink:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The Wookiee said:
The owners of the bar are TRUE Albion fans with a very good reputation in the Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath area:clap:

For all those who have sampled the culinary delights of The Cottage Bakery will know what I mean :drink:

If it is the same people as The Cottage Bakery I shall definitely give it a chance. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f***ing RIDICULOUS
As if there's not ENOUGH poncy bars down that street already. Orange Square, Bar BOO (jesus), Prezzo, Evolution, some other place next to the hoover repair shop I can't remember the name of...what a load of shit.

And that place next to Orange Square where they're building the new one was a bloody good deli as well. I used to get a lovely hot roast pork BAP with stuffing in there every now and then at lunchtime. Now its just going to be another soulless chrome & glass wine bar monstrosity that'll attract the prawn sarnie poseurs like flies to shit.

I'll stick to my lunchtime pint in the STAR thank you. So what if there's sawdust in the beer and you wipe your feet on the way OUT. At least you're not surrounded by a load of Ray-Ban posing PONCES gabbling into their £350 mobile phones.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Haywards Heath Haywards Heath this is Haywards Heath alight here if you can't afford to live in Burgess Hill alight there if you can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove.:lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Grendel said:
If it is the same people as The Cottage Bakery I shall definitely give it a chance. :)

It is the very same family !!

:clap:

Good luck to them !!

They are proper Albion fans through and through !!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Grendel said:

I'll give the place a go when it opens, but I can't say I'm expecting it to be anything other than a chavhole, much like the other bars down there are these days.

No chance - I think you may be surprised :drink:

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
hove born&bred said:
Haywards Heath Haywards Heath this is Haywards Heath alight here if you can't afford to live in Burgess Hill alight there if you can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove.:lolol:

Are you jealous because you can't afford to live in Haywards Heath? Or do you just have a very tiny penis?

Brighton: Average property price c. £248,000
Haywards Heath: Average property price c. £275,000

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Zesh Rehman said:
isnt there enough ponsy bars down that road already ?

There are three - Orange Square, Bar Boo and Evolution. And The Star, which was ruined years ago and now has bouncers outside in the evening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Zesh Rehman said:
Yes.
Yes there is.
Wish I still worked in Brighton. Working in an office in the Lanes was ACE. Fantastic choice of pubs and bars, and I could decide to get RATTED after work, leave the car in Hove and get a bus home piece of piss.

Haywards Heath sucks the BIG one.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Easy 10 said:
Yes.
Yes there is.
Wish I still worked in Brighton. Working in an office in the Lanes was ACE. Fantastic choice of pubs and bars, and I could decide to get RATTED after work, leave the car in Hove and get a bus home piece of piss.

Haywards Heath sucks the BIG one.

there is a pub down that road to be fair, but yeh the ponsy bars dont look too appealing !

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Grendel said:
Are you jealous because you can't afford to live in Haywards Heath? Or do you just have a very tiny penis?

Brighton: Average property price c. £248,000
Haywards Heath: Average property price c. £275,000

That would surely be due to the greater amount of flats in Brighton & Hove? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Zesh Rehman said:
there is a pub down that road to be fair, but yeh the ponsy bars dont look too appealing !
Well, you've got the Burrell if you fancy a fight at lunchtime. Or the Star if you want to choke to death on smoke.

I always pick the Star, and will have my usual couple of Friday lunchtime BEATERS there tomorrow (helps me snooze through the afternoon). There's a couple of semi-presentable barmaids in there as well, and I like the way they have to stretch up to get the pint glasses from the shelf above the bar. One of them has fantastic boobies.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Barrel of Fun said:
That would surely be due to the greater amount of flats in Brighton & Hove? ???

Quite possibly, although to be honest I don't really care - I've got no particular affinity for Haywards Heath, I was just feeling a bit sick of HB&Bs constant smug ego massaging wank trip when I posted that.

Well, you've got the Burrell if you fancy a fight at lunchtime. Or the Star if you want to choke to death on smoke.

The Burrell is my pre-match pub of choice. Granted, that's solely due to its proximity to the station and the golf slot machine thingy that they're got in there, but it really isn't that bad. The Liverpool (before it was knocked down, obviously) and The Eagle in its heyday were the places to go for a fight.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Grendel said:
Quite possibly, although to be honest I don't really care - I've got no particular affinity for Haywards Heath, I was just feeling a bit sick of HB&Bs constant smug ego massaging wank trip when I posted that.

I was thinking out loud really. HB&B makes me laugh - I assume the HB stands for Hyacinth Bouquet. I will leave the &B to your own imagination.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Zesh Rehman said:

If anybody who uses the Cottage Bakery in Burgess Hill, either directly throgh the bakery or the numerous vans that visit workplaces in H.Heath, B. Hill and surrounding areas will know that Bar Savannah will be far from poncy.

It will be a pleasent establishment where you can enjoy a bite to eat with a drink in surroundings that are classy but not pretentious !

:drink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here