Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley V Palace

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah yes but you were about 10 points clear at the top of the league before we were the first team to beat you in the league at the AMEX, 1-3, weren't you?

I've heard this wanky little stat banded around a few times by you lot. It's a very wordy stat int it - just accept that (thankfully) Liverpool beat us (yes LIVERPOOL) and they are the first team to win at the magnificent AMEX. Nobody else. Liverpool.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Makes great reading, just read this off the bbs

What drugs are you on? Maybe I need some. Win the Carling Cup? We can't even beat Barnsley/Derby/Millwall/any other Championship team we've played recently. And don't start the 'we beat Man U' bollocks because we beat a poorly performing very second string team. Our emphasis should be on our league situation in which we are sliding slowly and inexorably towards the bottom where relegation beckons.

:lol::lol: great stuff

I cant stay on the forum for more than 5mins the colour scheme is so horrible!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I've heard this wanky little stat banded around a few times by you lot. It's a very wordy stat int it - just accept that (thankfully) Liverpool beat us (yes LIVERPOOL) and they are the first team to win at the magnificent AMEX. Nobody else. Liverpool.

In the old statistics book at the Amex, amongst first league win, first league goal scored, first league goal conceded, first yellow card, first red card etc etc it will then have..

First league loss 27/9/11 - CRYSTAL PALACE 1-3. Goal scorers - Craig Mackail-Smith - Wilfried Zaha, Darren Ambrose, Glenn Murray.

There's nothing you can do to change that, Palace could be in the Conference and you in the Chmapions League...But we will ALWAYS be the first league team to win at the AMEX :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In the old statistics book at the Amex, amongst first league win, first league goal scored, first league goal conceded, first yellow card, first red card etc etc it will then have..

First league loss 27/9/11 - CRYSTAL PALACE 1-3. Goal scorers - Craig Mackail-Smith - Wilfried Zaha, Darren Ambrose, Glenn Murray.

There's nothing you can do to change that, Palace could be in the Conference and you in the Chmapions League...But we will ALWAYS be the first league team to win at the AMEX :D

And I'm sure we could come up with wanky little stats that would 'always' be there too - but really cant be arsed. And no, i dont think there's a book of records at the amex. If there was it would say LIVERPOOL were the first team to win a competitive match at the AMEX. The only other stat re this could be SPURS being the first team to win there, although non competitive. PS - Ambrose goal was offside :lol:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
And I'm sure we could come up with wanky little stats that would 'always' be there too - but really cant be arsed. And no, i dont think there's a book of records at the amex. If there was it would say LIVERPOOL were the first team to win a competitive match at the AMEX. The only other stat re this could be SPURS being the first team to win there, although non competitive. PS - Ambrose goal was offside :lol:
Not forgetting CPFC first team to win in the league at the AMEX.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
would have been happy with improving on our 20th finish last season and I still would be, plus a Cup Semi-Final and a shot at getting to Wembley, it's going rather well.

I can't seeing us winning again this year, either..

Good luck in your cup run, I hope you do a Birmingham without the flukey win and make a cup final and get relegated in the same season :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Technically, Brighton were the first team to win there, the first team to beat Brighton was Tottenham. It may have been a friendly, but when you start adding provisos, you lose the right to dismiss Palace's claims.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Can I just say - Barnsley were incredibly lucky, Palace the opposite and last night's result doesn't change the fact that every game in which Brighton have gained points this season has involved tremendous luck on our part, whereas defeats have been fully deserved. Rather than looking at the Championship league table based on the hated points system, we should instead focus our attention on the 'luck' table, which bases results on whether you deserved them or not. I think you'll find the relative positions of the two clubs will be very different then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not forgetting CPFC first team to win in the league at the AMEX.

Did you know that Brighton were the first team cpntaining the letters I,G & T in the new millenium as well as the first EVER team to win at Selhurst Park - We will always have this stat no matter what happens.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think you'll find that Brighton and Hove Albion were the first team to win in the league at the Amex actually.

Carry on.

:clap: Shit, I was overlooking this when explaining Liverpool were the first team to beat us there. This STAT will LIVE with me forever - no matter WHAT happens, BHA will always be the first team to win in the league at the AMEX. Sweeeeeeeeeeet :) Thanks Hillian1!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why are we lucky that an opponent is unable to hit the target? Why are we lucky that our forward can turn their defender and out pace him in the 92nd minute? Where is the good fortune in a player deciding to lay the ball back for a later arriving team mate?

Did we deserve to beat Forest? On the balance of play, no. Was it 'lucky'? I fail to see what happened that was the result of luck.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Did you know that Brighton were the first team cpntaining the letters I,G & T in the new millenium as well as the first EVER team to win at Selhurst Park - We will always have this stat no matter what happens.

Didn't Darren Freeman score the first goal of the Millenium? Or was it Lorenzo Pinamonte?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here