Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yet he posted a perfectly sensible post and you end up replying like a complete kid?
And that's you're 3rd post. MMMmm well done. Have a look earlier in the thread, and you will see what I mean about sam the retarded seagull. If he's the one I'm thinking about, daddy will be on later telling people that sam doesn't like to hear naughty things about Albion players. If I was too met Sam, I'd imagine he'd be like that kid in Benadorm that fancies one of the girls. Not the brightest star in the sky.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That was mid Feb Easy - I think you'll find Mr Burns has worked really hard since then

guatemala_sink_hole_2.jpg

lol

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I forget. Without reading the thread are you the poster who doesn't like students and any views put forth by them?
Errr noooo? I think there is a twaty student on here that I don't like, but I don't have a problem with students. Anyway, must students don't have views. They tend to repeat what they hear and don't develop their own views until they break free of education:D:guitar::eek:

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
And that's you're 3rd post. MMMmm well done. Have a look earlier in the thread, and you will see what I mean about sam the retarded seagull. If he's the one I'm thinking about, daddy will be on later telling people that sam doesn't like to hear naughty things about Albion players. If I was too met Sam, I'd imagine he'd be like that kid in Benadorm that fancies one of the girls. Not the brightest star in the sky.

Being only my 3rd post has nothing to do with it though. I was just pointing out that he had made a perfectly good post with good points that you clearly chose to ignore.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we should start a thread " Barnes is clearly good enough for us "
Please don't. He'll only turn to shit in the next few months or break his leg, if this thread is anything to go by.

In defence of Mr Burns, Barnes has dramatically improved in the last 2 or 3 months. But what I don't get is why Mr Burns can't just show a bit of humility and admit that the shifts that Barnes has been putting in since this thread was opened have been very good indeed, and he's been worth his place in the starting XI, which is all that the rest of us are saying.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns, do you believe that we are worse off having signed Barnes than we would have been if we'd not have signed him?
Who knows? A lot of people seem to think if Barnes didn't play we wouldn't have his goals and the points that come with it. What I say is if Barnes wasn't here someone else would have been. Maybe its Sandaza, maybe its not. It does appear though, someones about to get a run in the side.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Being only my 3rd post has nothing to do with it though. I was just pointing out that he had made a perfectly good post with good points that you clearly chose to ignore.
And I was just pointing out you cannot have a conversation with him, as all you get back is one line crap posts calling you a #### or something, so I don't bother with him. I'll argue my case with anyone, except a complete knob, because its just a waste of time, as if you make a point he doesn't like, he'll call you a twat and ask for the thread to be closed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Please don't. He'll only turn to shit in the next few months or break his leg, if this thread is anything to go by.

In defence of Mr Burns, Barnes has dramatically improved in the last 2 or 3 months. But what I don't get is why Mr Burns can't just show a bit of humility and admit that the shifts that Barnes has been putting in since this thread was opened have been very good indeed, and he's been worth his place in the starting XI, which is all that the rest of us are saying.
I have said that I think he's improved in the past few months to be fair. But I still think he's the poorest player in the squad, and not worthy of a starting XI place, and to be fair when we play with two up top, Lord Gus doesn't seem to think he's worthy of a starting place either, as Murray and Wood are clearly his one and two choice strikers. Could be a mute point anyway, as I am getting nasty vibes that he could be out for most of the season.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have said that I think he's improved in the past few months to be fair. But I still think he's the poorest player in the squad, and not worthy of a starting XI place, and to be fair when we play with two up top, Lord Gus doesn't seem to think he's worthy of a starting place either, as Murray and Wood are clearly his one and two choice strikers. Could be a mute point anyway, as I am getting nasty vibes that he could be out for most of the season.
Gus has spent all season rotating all of his attacking options. He will play a front three as often as a front two, and players like Noone, Kish, Bridcutt and so on have certainly not walked into a starting place.

Poorest player in the squad? ??? If Gus's was asked to pick a matchday squad of 16, Barnes would definitely feature. You could argue the toss over the poorest player in the squad at that point, but really what's the point? I mean, if he was out and out poor as opposed to "not as good as the others" then he wouldn't feature.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Are you sure about that? Wood sat out a few games not too long ago while Barnes and Murray started. It's all about rotating at the moment and keeping the team fit and fresh. If Barnes hadn't picked up his knock on Saturday I am sure Murray would have been starting tomorrow night on the bench too.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
And I was just pointing out you cannot have a conversation with him, as all you get back is one line crap posts calling you a #### or something, so I don't bother with him. I'll argue my case with anyone, except a complete knob, because its just a waste of time, as if you make a point he doesn't like, he'll call you a twat and ask for the thread to be closed.

Well done burns, you really are fighting your corner, your not answering my questions because you cant. sad sad little man

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

You say i always call you a twat ect ect, but you have managed to call me a knob and a retard in the last few posts. keep digging this hole.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Who knows? A lot of people seem to think if Barnes didn't play we wouldn't have his goals and the points that come with it. What I say is if Barnes wasn't here someone else would have been. Maybe its Sandaza, maybe its not. It does appear though, someones about to get a run in the side.

It's an interesting question, I think. The fact that Holroyd, Sandaza and Hart have all been here for the majority of the season and yet have not been close to replacing Barnes in the team suggests that Poyet doesn't think that they would have done any better.

We know that earlier in the season Poyet said he wanted another striker and with that in mind I think it's fair to suggest that Barnes was bought with the intention of being a third striker rather than an automatic starter. As things have panned out we were unable to get a better striker so Barnes has played a lot more than perhaps he and Poyet envisioned at the start of the season. So, as a third striker, who is only young and cost us peanuts it seems a tad harsh to be so overly negative towards him. He is after all the best of the rest and has at no point bigged himself up as a world beater(and nor has Gus.). It seems pointless to pick on him when he is doing his job to the best of his abilities and is making a half decent fist of it.

As for someone else taking his place in the team, baring in mind the trouble we've had finding that other striker, I'd suggest that it's unlikely that we'd have found a better prospect for the same fee/wages. If that player were available, why didn't we sign him(seeing as Poyet was always on the lookout for another striker)? We'd have either had to make do with an inferior player, or had to play 4-5-1(or some other formation adapted to the players available) a lot more often.

Also, your main criticism appears to be his weakness and propensity to 'bottle' challenges. If given the choice what striker would you prefer; a weak in the tackle Barnes, or a considerably less gifted but not afraid of getting stuck in striker?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This thread is getting silly. Mr Burns clearly doesn't rate a striker that has scored some important goals on a consistent basis, so what? He's clearly wrong, let's move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here