Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Why? His bizarre Channel Tunnel-with-a-pickaxe-by-next Wednesday inability to stop digging has now been joined by some desperate backpedalling so frantic that a unicyclist on speed heading towards a brickwall would be proud of it. It's all great NSC sport and getting almost as good as a grand old flounceroo.

And if one person thinks before slack-jawedly posting ill-thought out stuff slagging off a terrific young player as a result of this entire omelette's worth of eggs landing on someone's face every time Barnes scores, I can probably live with that.

Quite. And most people on here can tell the difference between a reasonable opinion (acceptable, regardless of whether they share it), and ill-informed, malicious twaddle.

If you were to argue that the earth was flat, you would be entitled to your opinion - and still ridiculed. A similar rule applies if you opine that Ashley Barnes is cowardly on the pitch and is a lesser player than Jake Robinson.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
And there is your problem. You are blinkered, as daddy says, sam doesn't like it when someone critizes a player. Maybe you should start a thread, get some weed go back to the 60s and have a love in. You call is slagging off (because you are blinkered) I call it critism, harsh, mayeb very harsh, but IMHO fair.

Why should I admit I am wrong about Barnes because you say so? I don't think I am. Sure he's played better over the last few months, but I still think he's way short of the rest of the team, and very fortunate to be in the position he is.

THis thread doesn't help anyone? What threads do? Its a forum, and if you dont like seeing good and bad things said, then its probably best not to use them.

I like like 99% of supprters support who ever Gus puts in the side. Why wouldn't I. I've supoported Brighton since I could walk. Doesn't mean I have to rate every player Gus picks, as you yourself have said, you support players whether you rate them or not. The second you hear me or anyone shouting abuse at Barnes or anyone else on the pitch then tell them to f*** off by all means, I'll be with you, but don't start calling people twat and other stuff, just because they don't rate someone, or havbe different views to you.

People like you get so blinkered in your views, you only answer is to start name calling, as you admit doing earlier in the thread, and thats why I give you abuse. You think because someone says they dont rate someone, they are not a "Fan" or are slagging the players off, yet you admit you dont rate every player Gus picks, but you still support them. Then you come out with crap like maybe you should start supprting them team, and that just kills your argument in my opinion. Completely blinkered.

So a serious question like I asked BHAExpress... are you a nazi? I'm not calling you one, I asking if you are one. Because you seem to like to repress peoples views is they don't match yours, but then you sort of admit, you don't rate everyone Gus picks, as I don't rate Barnes, but you seem to allow yourself that view, but not allow others to express one that differs from yours without absuing them? So are you a nazi, or just a blinkered bullyboy?

And yes I do find the cbeebies and milk time funy, because in your views and they way to try and push them over, you come over as a spolit child whos never been told they are wrong. And I don't even know what your question is you keep bleating on about. You've done this before as well, where you just write absue, but to you theres a question in there. You may have said something, I don't really care, I'm sure I;ve already answered it though, if not ask it again if it means that much to you, but you said about 3 times I haven't answered your question but I dont know (or care) what is it

great comback there burns, im not going to comment on this thread anymore as you clearly wont admit that maybe you were wrong, you keep digging that hole of yours. £60k for a 21 year old srtiker who has scored 15 goals this year will do me fine, barnes value would be 10 times that now. also i never said i dont rate any of the players Gus picks. im off now to grab some milk and watch some cartoons(bet your in fits of laughter)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
great comback there burns, im not going to comment on this thread anymore as you clearly wont admit that maybe you were wrong, you keep digging that hole of yours. £60k for a 21 year old srtiker who has scored 15 goals this year will do me fine, barnes value would be 10 times that now. also i never said i dont rate any of the players Gus picks. im off now to grab some milk and watch some cartoons(bet your in fits of laughter)
Very poor comeback from you. Check mate then as far as you are concerned..... oh and
I support who ever Gus puts in the team whether i rate them or not
does in fairness imply Gus does pick players you do not rate!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Quite. And most people on here can tell the difference between a reasonable opinion (acceptable, regardless of whether they share it), and ill-informed, malicious twaddle.

If you were to argue that the earth was flat, you would be entitled to your opinion - and still ridiculed. A similar rule applies if you opine that Ashley Barnes is cowardly on the pitch and is a lesser player than Jake Robinson.

Yeeer, okay.... thank you for your input. You obviosuly can't! That was about as useful as Man of Harveys backpedalling line..... I think you are using the word coward for your own means. As I've said, I never called him a coward, a lightweight, yes, bottler yes, maybe you see different.... I don't. Malicious?? Very sad how you read things. Critisim, some would call it. Very harsh maybe, but its critisim, but read it as you want, whatever makes you feel superior and lends weight to your argument...........

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But I don't think even that's true TBH - I thought Barnes was total quality from when he first arrived: I do think there's something in the "goalscorers are born not made" theory and I think it was pretty bloody obvious from how he started that he had what it takes and moreso at the age of 20. He's very obviously proven that right ever since. Well, to some anyway, obviously.

Why? His bizarre Channel Tunnel-with-a-pickaxe-by-next Wednesday inability to stop digging has now been joined by some desperate backpedalling so frantic that a unicyclist ..
How am I backpedalling. I said I think he's got better over the past few months, but still don't think he's good enough, and very lucky? How is that backpedalling? Others agreed with that, but you think he was great from the start. That's your opinion, but as Acker pointed out earlier, there is still a lot of negativity towards Barnes on other threads, so although I will carry on with this thread for as long as its bounced, there are plenty out there as I said earlier, who do not rate him. It called an opinion, but to some on here having a different opinion to them, seems to imply you hate a player!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I thought you wasn't going to reply anymore, or was it just i hit a nerve earlier on? You and Deano's Pants play nicely together now. It seems you are the only two bothered to keep bouncing this thread.

i have not bounced it once nob head

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought you wasn't going to reply anymore, or was it just i hit a nerve earlier on? You and Deano's Pants play nicely together now. It seems you are the only two bothered to keep bouncing this thread.

He has got a point Sam. Just leave it and let this thread die...Or take your axe and grind it via PMs? Just a suggestion like!

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
ashley barnes not good enough you were saying?????

winner at exeter...great goal, winner at oldham another great goal is that 15 for the season so far??? say no more, stop being so critical of him, so what if you think he's off the mark, not often we have 2 strikers scoring goals regularly is it??? murrey/barnes 33 goals between them nuff said....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I reckon you two would probably get on over a pint - go on Sam and Mr Burns. Make love, not war!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports