Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.

I went to Lewes v Worthing yesterday and had a brilliant time. Off the back of a premier league culture that cares little for fans I can understand why it’s so tempting to walk away. But I shall renew again and hope that things improve, on an off the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it sold out didn’t it ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Think it sold out didn’t it ?

Yes, a 2300 sell out. I was there with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and a large group of friends that included at least three other Albion ST holders.

It was brilliant, the whole day was what football with your mates used to be like.

It was my fifth visit to The Dripping Pan this season. It's the future, in my book.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, a 2300 sell out. I was there with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and a large group of friends that included at least three other Albion ST holders.

It was brilliant, the whole day was what football with your mates used to be like.

It was my fifth visit to The Dripping Pan this season. It's the future, in my book.

I go quite often (women’s matches), love it there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cancelled mine and my sons today. Had one at all four grounds but can never remember a time when I was less bothered about going.

I put travel down as the main reason for mine and kick off times for my sons but I think it's the Premier League in general. The blind loyalty shown by PL fans, Chelsea/Abramovich, Newcastle/Saudi's, West Ham/Zouma, etc is quite frankly nauseating and something I don't think I really want to be part of.

Fantastic post.

Abramovich and Mansour were kind of under the radar at the time, only a few folk such as Wenger thought it wrong. So many other punters and media types lapped it up. Not me. The Saudi’s, Chelsea fans yesterday and Moyes’s PR offensive on Zouma sum up the increasingly disgusting side of parts of our EPL.

I could be wrong, but the Bundesliga seems morally light years ahead.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
i read earlier today that PL possibly not likely to cancel Russia tv rights deal as would need 14 votes in favour and some owners will not want to offend the ruling classes in their countries - I could only think of
Chelsea - russia
Man City - middle east
Toon - middle east
Leicester - thailand
Wolves - china
possibly Southampton - not entirely sure where new owner is from
possibly Everton - though now say all links severed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i read earlier today that PL possibly not likely to cancel Russia tv rights deal as would need 14 votes in favour and some owners will not want to offend the ruling classes in their countries - I could only think of
Chelsea - russia
Man City - middle east
Toon - middle east
Leicester - thailand
Wolves - china

Only suspending various sponsorships.

In reality, Putin’s mate Usmanov is the money behind the facade of Moshiri.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea - russia
Man City - middle east
Toon - middle east
Leicester - thailand
Wolves - china

Southamptons new shareholder is Serbian

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Ive got a feeling the club are going to be worried by the season ticket drop out I know personally over 10 people who are not renewing and judging by this thread its gonna be the most that have dropped out since the amex opened.For the record I have kept mine even though I've missed a few games this season.

Will be interesting to see if the club play there usual "something % have renewed for another season at the amex"

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Ive got a feeling the club are going to be worried by the season ticket drop out I know personally over 10 people who are not renewing and judging by this thread its gonna be the most that have dropped out since the amex opened.For the record I have kept mine even though I've missed a few games this season.

Will be interesting to see if the club play there usual "something % have renewed for another season at the amex"
Even if they lose 2000 odd it'll still be a 90% renewal rate, and there will be enough kids to come through and take out a new ticket, so i think they'll be fine for now.

Having said that, perhaps a few more cancellations will act as a reminder the club shouldn't be complacent and just change things like squeezing in extra seats and cutting leg room, going digital only, and of course, introducing everyone's favourite ticket sharing scheme, without a lot more proper consultation.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

90% renewals, every home game more or less sold out (pretendance), albion+ membership at an all time high (enforced by a shit sharing scheme), brilliant fan survey results…blah blah…….the spin has already been written. :rolleyes:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have just renewed, but I was so close to not doing so.

Why do I feel like this? It's so wrong. I'm so frustrated, angry and disappointed with how I feel. This is my team. I should be feeling brilliant. Instead I feel like I am now supporting an NFL franchise. Something has gone wrong.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I have just renewed, but I was so close to not doing so.

Why do I feel like this? It's so wrong. I'm so frustrated, angry and disappointed with how I feel. This is my team. I should be feeling brilliant. Instead I feel like I am now supporting an NFL franchise. Something has gone wrong.

Serious question. What are people looking for? It’s almost as if supporters (or customers as the precious would have it) are wanting the red carpet rolled out for them as soon as they step onto the platform at falmer. It’s as if barber should be standing there with a pint of Harvey’s the moment they step off the train. Bloom with a pie in hand. There’s so much grumbling about how bad things are, obviously heightened by the fact we’re not a top ten premier league team just yet. But what exactly do people want? Withdean? League one/championship football? Football and the match day experience is what you make of it, for the most part. Who you go with. Friends. Family. Fun. The rest of it is out of everyone’s control and always has been. Either enjoy it for what it is, or don’t bother.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Serious question. What are people looking for? It’s almost as if supporters (or customers as the precious would have it) are wanting the red carpet rolled out for them as soon as they step onto the platform at falmer. It’s as if barber should be standing there with a pint of Harvey’s the moment they step off the train. Bloom with a pie in hand. There’s so much grumbling about how bad things are, obviously heightened by the fact we’re not a top ten premier league team just yet. But what exactly do people want? Withdean? League one/championship football? Football and the match day experience is what you make of it, for the most part. Who you go with. Friends. Family. Fun. The rest of it is out of everyone’s control and always has been. Either enjoy it for what it is, or don’t bother.

My friend, we are a maths experiment. And it feels like it.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
My friend, we are a maths experiment. And it feels like it.

Yes. I think you’re right. But I’d rather have barber donning the lab coat/graphing calculator as opposed to the late not so great bellotti. And I’m quite happy to see see bloom tinkering around with the compass rather than billy archer leading the way. Not sure where Greg Stanley fits into this awful analogy, but anyway... People will run the club the way they see fit. We’ll win games. We’ll lose games. Sometimes it will be good to great. Sometimes it’ll be rubbish. That’s the way it’s always been. It would be the same if uncle dick was still running the show. I do agree that modern day football and the antics at clubs makes a mockery of life in general. That’s why I am proud of the way bloom and barber are trying to run the club and move it forward on their terms.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, absolutely this.

I cancelled three weeks ago, and don't regret it at all.

I actually felt relieved to cancel mine when I did. You try to talk yourself out of it. Put a positive spin on things. I honestly can say it was the best thing I did.
I lost interest in football. If I can't watch the Albion I certainly won't watch another team on TV. I check results and that's about it.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Even if they lose 2000 odd it'll still be a 90% renewal rate, and there will be enough kids to come through and take out a new ticket, so i think they'll be fine for now.

Having said that, perhaps a few more cancellations will act as a reminder the club shouldn't be complacent and just change things like squeezing in extra seats and cutting leg room, going digital only, and of course, introducing everyone's favourite ticket sharing scheme, without a lot more proper consultation.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
You think they care ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I've cancelled my three seats. My kids are grown up now and going their own ways with uni or work so would hardly be able to go to matches - I would be attending on my own as mates I used to go with have fallen away over the years and that's not much fun.
It used to be a big part of my weekend but since Covid I've got used to watching on streams without losing 7 hours of the weekend for a 90 min home game! Travelling in using the P&R is hard work - you cant rely on Mill Hill as it fills up so quickly so the racecourse becomes the only viable option.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
90% renewals, every home game more or less sold out (pretendance), albion+ membership at an all time high (enforced by a shit sharing scheme), brilliant fan survey results…blah blah…….the spin has already been written. :rolleyes:

Plus some positive stuff about the WSL and leading the way on prejudice.

Hey presto, ticking all the Bernard Ingham/Alastair Campbell propaganda boxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here