Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody go to the football on their OWN?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I picked mine up this morning because of post etc and asked about how many was left for a mate blah blah and they still had a few.

Leg it down there tomorrow grab one!

I can't really - my little girl is not well at the moment - raging temperature and shivering like mad - cant leave her like that bless her she's cuddled up in bed with me at the moment feeling rough - if she had been well I would have left her with my mum and gone I think - but with her being so poorly think I will stay at home - get her fit for next weekend and listen to you all singing your hearts out tomorrow - and fingers crossed for a win xxxx

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Fair play I've got a very poorly 6 year old tonight but he's with his mum tomorrow so off I go!!

Hopefully he won't give what ever it is to his brother and we will all be good for the 29th

Used to go quite a lot on my own late '80's on as the two mates who first got me to the Goldstone seemed to lose interest. Their interest perked up on the return to Brighton and Withdean, and now they can go to a fandabbidosi new stadium they are up for most games, even Season Tickets have been mentioned!

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Done it plenty of times, never really considered I was "on my own" so to speak. Don't feel very alone when surrounded by several hundred if not a couple of thousand Brighton fans at a away ground.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
When I venture across the pond I like to arrange to see as much football as possible. Planning my adventure for this coming APril already and I have 9 matches lined up already of which I will know people at 5 of them. I go just to be at football as its not the same this side of the pond. First ever match was a solo adventure to Leyton Orient v Peterborough. 90+6 winner by Orient....cracking match

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
When I lived up north late 80's through to early noughties, went to as many away games as possible and almost always "solo". I loved it - catch train to Doncaster or wigan or York or Preston or cleethorpes etc. on a Saturday get there early and have a good old wander about then find a pub with a few locals in and sit and have a chat. Midweek was always entertaining as well - not knowing if you could make it back from Rotherham before you set off etc.
When I got my first Withdean ST I lived in Nottingham and did the 6-7 hour round trip on my own in the car, meeting mates in pub / at the ground. Again I loved this - my time, looking forward to something I loved and then enjoying the trip back as well.
Now I live in Hove, its just not quite the same experience - almost just too easy....

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Long distance mid week matches I sometimes find myself on my own. I like it. Enjoy the "me time" of solo travel. The long sleep in an hotel and the chance to look around a different town in the morning before a leisurely trip home.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I don't go every week as from Hastings it's not cheap, but 2/3 of the time am on my own. Mates support Prem sides if into footie and NONE of them see live games :facepalm: more than once a season. Many have families and kids and work so if I want to go and can't tempt casual football brother or dad then it's me on my tod.

Is OK but if I ever get a ST I hope to know SOMEONE who goes regular to at least travel with

Regularly.

With my dad being a STH and me not being able to afford one, when I do go to a game at the Amex we will meet up at The Swan/ground then we'll sit in different parts of the stand.

When I was at Uni I went to Yeovil, Villa, Bournemouth Bristol Rovers and Forest away last year on my larry, however in case of the latter I met one of the TSLR chaps on the National Express coach from London Vic so tagged along with them for the day.

Doesn't bother me too much, I go primarily for the football so am not too fussed about it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I used to. But since the Amex my friends have become more serious in their support of their local team and go with me now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Going on my own to Millwall today because I only decided on Tuesday evening and it's only 30 mins down the road from me, but as a rule usually go with a few mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here