Anybody go to the football on their OWN?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
At the risk of the usual Billy No Mates jibes, does anyone (else) go to the footy on their own for any reason?

I ask, as none of my mates or family are that bothered about going regularly, so I got myself a rather nice single in the WSU

And tbh, it's worked out well. I get on well with all those around me, and they are quite knowledgeable and supportive of the team

If anyone I know fancies taking in a game, it is quite simple to sort out a pair somewhere else in the ground

So any more singletons at Amex Footy Central ???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not regularly, I go to the football because it's a social thing more than anything especially with the prices charged these days, but I do go occasionally to meaningful matches e.g. Wrexham away because it was the last match before I went to Austria for 5 months, Also been to a couple of northern games alone when I've been up there visiting family.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I usually do a couple of aways a season, to grounds I haven't been to, and prefer to go on my own. 'He who travels alone, travels fastest' is my motto :smile:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I went to Watford alone on Tuesday, but given that I'm based in London and it was after work it was a bit of a no-brainer. I'm not sure I'd travel to distant away games alone.

At home games though, there are a couple of people near me in the north stand that come along alone - if you get on with those around you (they do) then it's all good, as you're not "Billy No Mates" during the game at all...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Been to many games on my own in the past,but that's probably because i like many don't live around the brighton area,personally makes no diffrence to me.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I go to Lewes on my own, mainly because the friends i know go Brighton, and i volunteer at Lewes.

I enjoy watching the games on me own, pint of harveys and tbh you make mates going.

Surprising the amount of Brighton fans at Lewes, even come in with Brighton kits :/

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yep. Most of the time. Don't mind as I don't like it when people talk to me while I'm concentrating on the game.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I go on my own when I get to go, though once there I meet up with 20k plus people.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I sometimes go on my own if my little girl has a party or something - I sit in the North but my son and bro are also in there so although I'm on my own - I'm not really as they are on the concourse - I never really mind going on my own - the people round me are nice enough and always say hi and have a chat.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
yep i do..my mates are either not intrested in football or support arsenal or too busy with families.on the odd occasion il get them to go.or i should say i did at withdean.doesnt bother me as at away games i can book into a hotel and do other stuff im intrested in on the next day

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
You're never alone if you follow the Albion. :thumbsup:

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Don't have lots of friends that are Brighton fans; and those that are are all season ticket holders! So I often find myself going to games on my own. I'm ok with it though!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Go to away games on my own when I can't convince the missus to come with me.

As I live in the Midlands, quite a few of my friends support Midlands based teams so I often travel to and from games with them. Birmingham away last season for example.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For years I went to withdean on my own as my football mates moved away, lost interest, started supporting chelsea. Would go a few games a season with mates. Now go with CWWW jr and meet up with a lot of these that drifted away (JCLs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports