Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody go to the football on their OWN?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm going to Millwall on my own tomorrow

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been to loads of games on my own, I like it but then I do loads on my own- holidays, pub etc, I just really like being on my own for some reason.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Last season I went to games with my son, this year he is more interested in his XBox, so, yes, I do now go to games on my own (ESU). Living up in Kent I don't know any other Brighton Fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Must admit I hate the thought of going to footy on my own. For me, the social side of it is very important.

Aug 21, 2011
I used to go to Withdean on my own when my Son was born. Didnt mind as I wanted to watch the footy not stand around talking all the way through. Now all the Family have season tickets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I too am going on my own tomorrow. :billynomates:

I wasn't having jnr first taste of an away match the 'Wall.
I'll try and take him to Charlton.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm on my own in the WSU, and it doesn't bother me.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
At the risk of the usual Billy No Mates jibes, does anyone (else) go to the footy on their own for any reason?

I ask, as none of my mates or family are that bothered about going regularly, so I got myself a rather nice single in the WSU

And tbh, it's worked out well. I get on well with all those around me, and they are quite knowledgeable and supportive of the team

If anyone I know fancies taking in a game, it is quite simple to sort out a pair somewhere else in the ground

So any more singletons at Amex Footy Central ???

Yep. Exactly my experience. Get on well with those around me in the north and its been great.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I used to go to Withdean a lot on my own but there wass always a familiar face or thirty around.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I quite often do. Living near Dudley, I don't know many other Albion fans. For the Wolves match, I'll definately be alone - my other half, and most my mates are Wolves fans - I'll join them for a drink after for post-match analysis (piss taking).

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Would rather not go than go on my own to be honest. For me it's the social experience as much as the footie.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Normally In WSU with my Dad and kids but off to Millwall on my own tomorrow. I'll be the one with the Harrington jacket, Albion home top and *cough* be reading The Guardian or The Argus or Twitter.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I had a season ticket at Withdean on my own. My only family that support the Albion is my Dad and he works away so I had no one to go with.

It was a weird thought at the beginning as it meant 2 hour travelling either way to sit on my own but, as with the OP, worked out really well. I had some great people around me who quickly became friends

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I too am going on my own tomorrow. :billynomates:

I wasn't having jnr first taste of an away match the 'Wall.
I'll try and take him to Charlton.

Same here. Looking forward to a couple of beers on the train and a couple of quiet pints and then stroll to ground tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here