Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody go to the football on their OWN?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I used to go alone from the age of 14-17 until I managed to rope in a couple of mates to become season ticket holders. Looking back I am quite proud I endured rainy tuesdays at Withdean by myself, with a 2 hour train journey home. I'm 19 now.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
lol ill give em a cheer for ya sis
ps I go on my own if I have to, but usualy go to home games with family. and away games with mates

You better - I am on my own tonight if you fancy a coffee or a drink? I have wine but no beer in the fridge!!! Pop over if you want - I have just put Mig into bed she is really poorly she has a bad cold and asked to go to bed at 6.30 pm bless her - Just gonna send W out for some calpol I think I only have one sachet left and think I may need more during the night!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not regularly, I go to the football because it's a social thing more than anything especially with the prices charged these days, but I do go occasionally to meaningful matches e.g. Wrexham away because it was the last match before I went to Austria for 5 months, Also been to a couple of northern games alone when I've been up there visiting family.

Come to think of it, if I were to go to any home games now it would be on my own as everyone I know now has a season ticket.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
I'm the black sheep in the family as there all arsenal fans, but I got hook on the seagulls early. I'm a season ticket holder in the north, really enjoy it bit of thinking time when I travel to the ground and then great people around me to watch the football with.

Yoda

English & European
Yep, I sit in WSU by myself.

wzefQ9QTjkKm_EiuMLuXDg2.jpg

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Don't go on my own now but in the past when I was working all over the country I used to jump in car and go and see a local match on my own .

It's quite relaxing to watch a game when the Albion are not involved.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I would say 80% of the Withdean games I went to I was alone and thoroughly enjoyed being so, not a problem for me at all and I'm not the kind of person who feels compelled to make myself known to neighbours, I'm not big on small talk, probably because I'm useless at it.

Have my season ticket with a very good friend which is great, but would never have a problem with watching football solo for the odd game or endless seasons.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I regularly go alone - occasionally I take my children. Absolutely don't mind going by myself ( especially evening matches ).

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I may sometimes travel to the ground on my own ( home ) but always meet up with mates there and see regular faces. Away games I've never been on my own.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
At the risk of the usual Billy No Mates jibes, does anyone (else) go to the footy on their own for any reason?

I ask, as none of my mates or family are that bothered about going regularly, so I got myself a rather nice single in the WSU

And tbh, it's worked out well. I get on well with all those around me, and they are quite knowledgeable and supportive of the team

If anyone I know fancies taking in a game, it is quite simple to sort out a pair somewhere else in the ground

So any more singletons at Amex Footy Central ???

Yes I sit in wsu on my own but after a season sitting next to the same people it dosent feel like that anymore.
I normally travel away with somebody but if they cannot make it I'm more than happy to go alone like I will be at millwall tomorrow

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I go on my own....travel from gravesend.....family unable to commit to the time, so here I am.
Would be nice if a single lady wanted to keep me company, but hey ho

The great thing about going to soccerball on public transport is the opportunity to stumble into random familiar faces, have conversations, fall into a variety of drinking establishments and generally have a good time. It makes little difference to me if the journey starts solo (as it will tomorrow) or if it starts with a pre-arranged meet-up of a gang of us. As far as a regular away trip that passes through London Bridge station is concerned, it's the best of all opportunities to make a good day out. I shall be drinking pre-match in some yet to be determined pub in the London Bridge area, with whoever I happen to meet en-route. If it's like previous south London matches - against anyone - a good time can be assured.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't go on my own now but in the past when I was working all over the country I used to jump in car and go and see a local match on my own .

It's quite relaxing to watch a game when the Albion are not involved.

I quite like going to watch Brighton play coz although they have always been my kinda second team, you see the game for the entertainment value and dont get the nerves involved with your primary team. Also you enjoy both teams attacking not just one so double the value.

I have 3 or 4 fellow Saints fans in the area all of which have been pretty useless in watching the saints recently. Went to the Wigan game on my own and the Man Utd game with my 3 year old daughter. Theres something about going on your own. Just turning up when you want and often sitting where you want when its not sold out. At St Marys there has always generally been a corner of the ground that has not many people in, so I go there and put my feet up with a coffee on my right hand seat and a yorkie on my left.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
I go quite a bit on my own and try different areas of the amex. I meet lots of interesting people,dont have to buy a round and is a lot cheaper than taking the family.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I go on my own. None of my immediate friends and family are big football fans. If they like football, it's from the comfort of the pub or it's in terms of playing rather than watching. Having said that, I'm with a great, friendly and knowledgeable bunch in WSL.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Always to away games on my own. I enjoy it to be honest, meet different people from all walks of life and it's my chance of having my own time to myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here