[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Am surprised he hasn’t found a different club, even if it were a loan.

Doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the Fulham squad.

Can’t be easy for him, hope he is ok

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

He doesn’t even have a squad number this season. Only played 4 games last season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He’s one of Fulham’s top earners allegedly - £30k a week, so not surprised he can’t find a suitor

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Without going into the specifics, I've seen Fulham fans on Facebook saying he is currently not having a great time off the pitch and that football might not be all that important for him right now. Hopefully all turns out well for him.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Without going into the specifics, I've seen Fulham fans on Facebook saying he is currently not having a great time off the pitch and that football might not be all that important for him right now. Hopefully all turns out well for him.

Big Shane will sort him out.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Always got a soft spot for Knocky. Really wished he'd have been able to make the step up to the next level.

Always gave 110% for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

At 30k a week why should he care about football! I'm sure there are other clubs in the Championship, League One, or maybe in his native France, who are more than willing to accommodate him, but not until he is a free agent.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Every chance refusing to go on loan or transfer and just sitting back taking the money while in contract. Shame if the case

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At 30k a week why should he care about football! I'm sure there are other clubs in the Championship, League One, or maybe in his native France, who are more than willing to accommodate him, but not until he is a free agent.

Every chance refusing to go on loan or transfer and just sitting back taking the money while in contract. Shame if the case

Previously suffering from depression, out since February with an "unknown injury" that their club won't talk about, no transfer rumours, no place in a squad that has about 17 first team players... do some thinking before accusing him of being greedy?

The bloke most likely isn't well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Previously suffering from depression, out since February with an "unknown injury" that their club won't talk about, no transfer rumours, no place in a squad that has about 17 first team players... do some thinking before accusing him of being greedy?

He was at least still with the squad on match days last year, sat behind the dug out etc so not completely isolated

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’ve heard many fans over the years say ‘if only Knocky was more stable, less volatile etc for the Albion’’ but really I think that’s what made him the player he was. Something of a paradox.

Fiercely unpredictable, wonderfully gifted and at times painfully frustrating.

But when he was on fire, wow what a privilege to watch.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Genuine question - how come you take what you read from Fulham fans on FB as true yet riled against everything said online about Connolly?

I hope Knocky is ok as I was a great fan of his at the Albion, even when he was just a bit player on the squad edges. Potter farmed him out quickly upon arrival (if it was Potter's decision at all?) which I find a shame based on his history (supposedly moulding rejected players who had failed elsewhere). Knocky seems like a player who reacts well to playing frequently and doing well (yes, no shit Sherlock) so maybe he really should drop a level (here or abroad), a footballer needs to play while he still can. Would love to see him move on and get games elsewhere.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Genuine question - how come you take what you read from Fulham fans on FB as true yet riled against everything said online about Connolly?

I hope Knocky is ok as I was a great fan of his at the Albion, even when he was just a bit player on the squad edges. Potter farmed him out quickly upon arrival (if it was Potter's decision at all?) which I find a shame based on his history (supposedly moulding rejected players who had failed elsewhere). Knocky seems like a player who reacts well to playing frequently and doing well (yes, no shit Sherlock) so maybe he really should drop a level (here or abroad), a footballer needs to play while he still can. Would love to see him move on and get games elsewhere.

He needs to be loved and appreciated, that's what makes him tick. In my opinion he needs to be playing in the Championship or League 1, smashing it, and being the team's star player. If he needs to drop down a level or two to get that, then I think it's what he needs. He's a fragile soul but a good footballer who gives everything and still has more to give.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

People have a tendency to casually dehumanise footballers, especially those they dont like, so when a non-playing, money-earning bloke gets excused because of off-field issues I think the chances that there is something in it increases. Furthermore I've decided that when people talk trash about other people, I want to see it for myself, while when people make neutral/positive statements about people I'll go with that until I get convinced of the opposite.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single player since Peter Ward that I was as excited to watch as Knocky. There's been many players that I've loved watching of course, from the sublime Vicente to the ridiculous Hans Kraay, but for sheer excitement it has to be Knocky for me. Really hope that he's well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Who on earth is accusing him of being greedy? l certainly wasn't! Do some thinking before you press those keys of yours in far away Sweden, you keyboard warrior you.

You will be gone when your hero moves on from the Amex, l though will still be here. :annoyed:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who on earth is accusing him of being greedy? l certainly wasn't! Do some thinking before you press those keys of yours in far away Sweden, you keyboard warrior you.

You will be gone when your hero moves on from the Amex, l though will still be here. :annoyed:

Was more a comment to amexer tbh

Last sentence... good on you. Very relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports