Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never quite up to PL standard. Leicester knew it - that's how we got him. We then found it out for ourselves. If Fulham have managed to pass him on to Huddersfeld, happy for all concerned - always felt a bit guilty about the way we'd fleeced Fulham! (although not so much now when they are trying to be our rivalls).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never quite up to PL standard. Leicester knew it - that's how we got him. We then found it out for ourselves. If Fulham have managed to pass him on to Huddersfeld, happy for all concerned - always felt a bit guilty about the way we'd fleeced Fulham! (although not so much now when they are trying to be our rivalls).
False. Leicester offered him a new contract which he turned down, and went to Belgium to be nearer his family when his brother died. He played for Standard Liege for a year before coming to us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Think he might have been better for us in EPL if he hadn't had his mental health problems, was still struggling to get over loosing his dad.
This is exactly it.

Anyone who saw his consistently incredible performances in the last 2 championship seasons should be in no doubt at all he was easily good enough for a PL career.

Sadly mental health matters did intervene and he's never quite been the same player since.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really don't like Huddersfield, I'm not sure why. But they just really annoy me!

However, my desire to see Knockaert succeed far exceeds any irrational disliking I have for Huddersfield.
Out of all the Yorkshire teams I do not mind them to be honest, great history, blue and white stripes, not entitled fans, and they hate Leeds, what is not to like

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I really don't like Huddersfield, I'm not sure why. But they just really annoy me!

However, my desire to see Knockaert succeed far exceeds any irrational disliking I have for Huddersfield.
Unless it's from a long time ago I think it may be the whole David Wagner, look at me I'm a crazy German, thing alongside the media love in for him. Oh plus the wanky holding hands bowing to the crowd on the odd occasion that they won.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I really don't understand people re-writing history, AK was ok in the PL , he struggled a bit as did most of the team and that's not good for a flair player and hence his outbreaks of daftness e.g. his tackles that he soul not have made. Would have been much better in an attacking team.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Unless it's from a long time ago I think it may be the whole David Wagner, look at me I'm a crazy German, thing alongside the media love in for him. Oh plus the wanky holding hands bowing to the crowd on the odd occasion that they won.
Absolutely, and the cringey karaoke flag waving drum beating constact barage of shit ultra nonsense that they turned into. So bloody irritating. Other than that I quite like Huddersfield, their old match reviews via powerpoint were hilarious. They just took a wrong turn with Wagner I think

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really don't understand people re-writing history, AK was ok in the PL , he struggled a bit as did most of the team and that's not good for a flair player and hence his outbreaks of daftness e.g. his tackles that he soul not have made. Would have been much better in an attacking team.
Had March been sold to a Championship team we'd be reading the same nonsense claiming that he wasn't good enough for the PL.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I find this comment bewildering when he’s played Man Utd of the park and was immense in the Cup semi final plus many more decent appearances for us in the PL, and that was him with mental health issues.
Maybe some we’re expecting the exact same performances that he pulled of most games in the championship which was never going to happen, the same way a 30 goal championship striker will be lucky to score 10 PL goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had March been sold to a Championship team we'd be reading the same nonsense claiming that he wasn't good enough for the PL.
Quite.

As far as the past isn't, or is is concerned, it isn't what it isn't, :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not right j
Does Chris not fancy it then? Would think he'd do a good job the

Does Chris not fancy it then? Would think he'd do a good job there
Not right job at this point in time for many reasons. Look at the Brighton project. That took 4 years to turn a relegation threatened Championship side into a partially established PL side. In 4 years Chris will be 68 years old.

Brighton had an enthusiastic financially supporting Owner looking to achieve what was achieved. There has t be a common goal when someone takes a job.

I know some people take a job just to be able to be in a job or earn money. That's not Chris. For him he has to see something he wants to achieve and it has to fit that into his personal and family lifestyle as well.

You don't take a job just for money or status. You just wait for the job you think might be rewarding if you make a success of it.

It's round the corner but not in Yorkshire :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not right j

Not right job at this point in time for many reasons. Look at the Brighton project. That took 4 years to turn a relegation threatened Championship side into a partially established PL side. In 4 years Chris will be 68 years old.

Brighton had an enthusiastic financially supporting Owner looking to achieve what was achieved. There has t be a common goal when someone takes a job.

I know some people take a job just to be able to be in a job or earn money. That's not Chris. For him he has to see something he wants to achieve and it has to fit that into his personal and family lifestyle as well.

You don't take a job just for money or status. You just wait for the job you think might be rewarding if you make a success of it.

It's round the corner but not in Yorkshire :)
Which makes it all the more surprising that he took the Forest job working for that lunatic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here