Another loss!! When will they learn [JFC]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
JFC hasn't got any potential to be frank...league 1 fodder to be and that's plain to see.Hes 20 and still has done Fack all bar the southampton game a few years ago.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He brings jack shite...open your eyes

What is it with you guys? Maybe you just want a response on here, being keyboard warriors? I notice that all you do is slag him off rather than criticise his play. That’s lazy posting and just following the bandwagon.
If you really can’t see what he brings to the team then nothing I say will change your mind. Like I say I think you are bandwagon followers and cyber bullies.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
That includes Capital Cup games against Cheltenham and Swindon.

JFK has played 23 league games this year and we average 0.913 points in those games. We average 1.6 points per game in the 5 games he hasn't played.

I don't think that Jake is a bad player, he is just not creative or dominant enough to do the important job he has been asked to do in our set up. He keeps the ball and does the simple thing, but he is not as good a defensive midfielder as Ince or Holla, or as good a creative midfielder as March, Tex or KLL, so it is hard to understand why he has played so often this year. Gardner was the same sort of player and also got picked again and again in front of more effective midfielders.

Great post, totally agree. JFC's time will come. It just won't be this season. But we shouldn't be completely writing off our youngsters. We currently have much better options at No 10, tex and dare I say, Paddy.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What is it with you guys? Maybe you just want a response on here, being keyboard warriors? I notice that all you do is slag him off rather than criticise his play. That’s lazy posting and just following the bandwagon.
If you really can’t see what he brings to the team then nothing I say will change your mind. Like I say I think you are bandwagon followers and cyber bullies.

I can understand where you're coming from but given the nature of his role, he is not doing his job.

He would be much better in role Holla plays but he doesn't yet have the physical ability or the tactical vision to play that role.

Personally I think that both March and JFC are being rushed into playing too many games at probably what will be their highest level they can hope to play for the next 3 years and i do really think that they need to be loaned to league 1 teams to learn about their roles as given our current standing in the league.

If we are going to use JFC and March then it should be used sparingly and in the right circumstances.

Feb 14, 2010
I have not seen enough of him but when I was at a game this year I told a mate that he was in the England under 21's. The look of alarm on his face as he was wondering if this was the future of England was quite amusing!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I can understand where you're coming from but given the nature of his role, he is not doing his job.

He would be much better in role Holla plays but he doesn't yet have the physical ability or the tactical vision to play that role.

Personally I think that both March and JFC are being rushed into playing too many games at probably what will be their highest level they can hope to play for the next 3 years and i do really think that they need to be loaned to league 1 teams to learn about their roles as given our current standing in the league.

If we are going to use JFC and March then it should be used sparingly and in the right circumstances.

Fully respect your view although I don't agree with it. He will improve by playing at the highest level available to him which is with us.
We always seem to need a hate figure and I just wish people would get off his back.
I was speaking to a Celtic supporter yesterday and he was full of praise for our new signing. Maybe JFC will be rested now, we will see.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

What is it exactly you think he brings to the team? I don't like to lynch players in public but he is the weakest link and we should be looking at stronger options.

Feb 14, 2010
Perhaps people should read the whoscored ratings as shown on the thread player ratings and see what score JFC achieved.

Ive no beef either way but this is a poor argument. The press in England seem to think that "Stevie G" is an all time great and Liverpool's greatest player. He isnt even an English great, he wouldnt have made the Barca 3rd team and he certainly is not close to Liverpool's best ever player. In fact he was not even as good as Souness, Hanson or Mark L and so I wouldn't worry about what you read or hear too much, just form your own view.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Division 1 keeper at best? That explains why he was Fulham's first choice in the prem. Clueless.

It really gets on my nerves when people call league one division 1, it has never officially been called division 1, ever, it was division 3, then division 2 and now League one.

The championship however has been called division 1, and it used to be to top division in england, so in a nutshell the OP is mistakenly saying that Stockdale is a top flight keeper without knowing it.

Feb 14, 2010
He was far from our worst player yesterday.

We lost to the bottom team in the Championship so that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for an England under 21! God help the national side even more if that's all we expect from England prospects. But you are right, all the players should be slated not just him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We lost to the bottom team in the Championship so that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for an England under 21! God help the national side even more if that's all we expect from England prospects.

I think he needs a rest, and if we had Crofts, Stephens and KLL fit he wouldn't be in the starting XI. However the lynch mob mentality from some on here is depressing to read. Previously it was aimed at Barnes, now JFC.

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
we lose to the bottom team in the championship & we are blame the pitch - still it makes a change from blaming jfc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports