Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another loss!! When will they learn [JFC]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would have more chance than a JFC knocker as I doubt they have the brain power to work out how to open a book.
He has decent positioning and awareness, he is decent at both ends of the pitch, he retains possession, the distance and direction is irrelevant as it is better to keep the ball and go backwards than go forward and lose it. We are just performing poorly and he has been stuck in a very inexperienced midfield all season! That is the reason for poor form not his ability.

If you expect a 20 year old to suddenly run a midfield you are utterly deluded!

If we can't expect him to do well, then we can expect him not to be picked, surely?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
One game! Have you not noticed young players are inconsistent? Great one week poor the next and sometimes for little obvious reason? My point was you can not EXPECT a young player to run a midfield.

I would say JFC is very consistent....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
JFC shouldn't be singled out today; he was no worse than anyone else.

But... he was playing in a crucial position, and we created very little, scored nil. Certainly don't expect him to score. If Tex were playing, you could expect creativity and goals.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I hate to bash JFC up after a game when they all seemed to play poorly. But some are saying his positioning is good, but I've not seen him make too many interceptions, also some say he retains possession, but as soon as he tries a forward pass he loses it, he's not a tackler or a flair player, or a midfield goalscorer. But his work rate is 100% and I think he must be a pain of a player to play against because he does always close down all over midfield but all around he need to develop his game more, hopefully under CH this will happen. At the moment though I don't think he deserves a place in the side on Saturday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
One game! Have you not noticed young players are inconsistent? Great one week poor the next and sometimes for little obvious reason? My point was you can not EXPECT a young player to run a midfield.

At least Tex offers the chance of something happening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think that Tex would have provided anything on today's pitch. That's probably the reason that he wasn't even used from the bench.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear god!
We can not expect him to run a midfield every week is what i said. He can still do well. Young players need experienced players around them. They are the one who should be performing consistently week in week out and running the midfield. Out trouble is they are all injured!

My point is JFC is not creative, and should not be playing just behind our target man. Tex is more likely to create and score. Stephens, when fit, will be a better option. JFC needs a long, long rest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My point is JFC is not creative, and should not be playing just behind our target man. Tex is more likely to create and score. Stephens, when fit, will be a better option. JFC needs a long, long rest.

And yet a few minutes ago on another thread you were shown that in fact JFC does create

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that Tex would have provided anything on today's pitch. That's probably the reason that he wasn't even used from the bench.

Have to say, that is probably true.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They are completely different players who do different jobs in midfield. To compare them is idiotic. Like saying Messi is shit as Buffon is a better keeper.

FFS. I know they are different. But... we were playing the bottom club with a non-creative midfielder playing just behind our one striker, (and a full-back wide-right in a front 3). How exactly were we going to create / score chances? Oh, we didn't.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And yet a few minutes ago on another thread you were shown that in fact JFC does create

A stat was quoted. A stat that surprised me. I'm struggling to remember when these 30+ chances were created by the marvellous JFC, TBH. Perhaps you can give me a few examples? Were they clear-cut or half-chances? Happy to be proved wrong, but I think I'll trust what I've seen with my own eyes until then.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He, normally, does not play that far forward so you can not compare him to tex. His job is to get up and down and to retain the ball, give it to the creative lot and maybe join in if he can. He does that quite well, we have just been poor all season so an unspectacular role will look even less spectacular.
Look at Hammond, he was similar and got the same stick. It seems people on here forget you need solid and dependable as well as flair and creative.

Actually, I liked Hammond (both spells), and could clearly see he made a positive contribution. JFC, on the other hand...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Wow, I have to say I wouldn't have expected that, credit to him. But I still think he needs to sit out a few games and concentrate on his game to see where he can improve.

The six wins JFC started, were won despite him.
The four wins he didn't play in, were won because he wasn't playing.
Is simples.

'Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.' H.L. Mencken.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow, I have to say I wouldn't have expected that, credit to him. But I still think he needs to sit out a few games and concentrate on his game to see where he can improve.

I think Hughton & Jones are qualified to make that decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here