Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another loss!! When will they learn [JFC]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I posted this earlier, we have won 10 games this season with JFC playing in 6 of them. Fact.

That includes Capital Cup games against Cheltenham and Swindon.

JFK has played 23 league games this year and we average 0.913 points in those games. We average 1.6 points per game in the 5 games he hasn't played.

I don't think that Jake is a bad player, he is just not creative or dominant enough to do the important job he has been asked to do in our set up. He keeps the ball and does the simple thing, but he is not as good a defensive midfielder as Ince or Holla, or as good a creative midfielder as March, Tex or KLL, so it is hard to understand why he has played so often this year. Gardner was the same sort of player and also got picked again and again in front of more effective midfielders.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well I agree about Hammond. JFC just needs less expectation and more experience around him and he will shine more.

Here's hoping. Can't see a place for him when Stephens is fit TBH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

JFK has played 23 league games this year and we average 0.913 points in those games. We average 1.6 points per game in the 5 games he hasn't played.

I don't think that Jake is a bad player, he is just not creative or dominant enough to do the important job he has been asked to do in our set up. He keeps the ball and does the simple thing, but he is not as good a defensive midfielder as Ince or Holla, or as good a creative midfielder as March, Tex or KLL, so it is hard to understand why he has played so often this year. Gardner was the same sort of player and also got picked again and again in front of more effective midfielders.

Sense.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably due to age and lack of experience he is not able to impose himself on the game at the moment, so needs to be used more conservatively not as an automatic first choice every game

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Probably due to age and lack of experience he is not able to impose himself on the game at the moment, so needs to be used more conservatively not as an automatic first choice every game

Trouble is if CH bows down to fans pressure and drops JFK he will lose a lot of confidence which will be hard to get back being on the bench/out of squad. Does he deserve a spot on the field at the moment? He is like marmite, he plays poor and everyone is on is back, he plays ok and the team loses and everyone is on his back, the team wins and most people are on his back. Me . . . if anyone plays poor for a couple of games they need to be dropped. They can't keep playing through a poor patch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Trouble is if CH bows down to fans pressure and drops JFK he will lose a lot of confidence which will be hard to get back being on the bench/out of squad. Does he deserve a spot on the field at the moment? He is like marmite, he plays poor and everyone is on is back, he plays ok and the team loses and everyone is on his back, the team wins and most people are on his back. Me . . . if anyone plays poor for a couple of games they need to be dropped. They can't keep playing through a poor patch.
That's not marmite; that's just being a scapegoat.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
jfc is absolute toilet. may as well play with 10 for all he creates in a game

couldnt even get a game - where was it - cambridge on loan?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Presumably there's a load of people who went large on Albion not winning once they saw the pre KO line up? Congratulations on your winnings you wise, wise lot.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This thread is incredibly vague. To say that we win or lose more games with JFC playing is clearly bonkers because it completely ignores the fact that there are 9 more outfield players playing alongside him. The key for me is what does he actually contribute when he's on the pitch? This can only be determined by consciously watching him during the course of a game. As stated on a previous thread I did this for 25 minutes during the Arsenal game and over this time frame he only touched the ball half a dozen times, never to any great effect. He seemed to be deliberately avoiding getting involved and merely patrolled the empty space in and around the centre circle. I was appalled, but as I haven't observed him this closely in other games I don't feel particularly well qualified to assess his previous performances or his overall ongoing value to the team. I assume that someone/people within the club watch the individual performance of players more closely than most of us and that his level of contribution has been identified. Which makes it all the more strange that his name keeps appearing on the team sheet.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This thread is incredibly vague. To say that we win or lose more games with JFC playing is clearly bonkers because it completely ignores the fact that there are 9 more outfield players playing alongside him. The key for me is what does he actually contribute when he's on the pitch? This can only be determined by consciously watching him during the course of a game. As stated on a previous thread I did this for 25 minutes during the Arsenal game and over this time frame he only touched the ball half a dozen times, never to any great effect. He seemed to be deliberately avoiding getting involved and merely patrolled the empty space in and around the centre circle. I was appalled, but as I haven't observed him this closely in other games I don't feel particularly well qualified to assess his previous performances or his overall ongoing value to the team. I assume that someone/people within the club watch the individual performance of players more closely than most of us and that his level of contribution has been identified. Which makes it all the more strange that his name keeps appearing on the team sheet.

Er I don't understand your logic at all: you acknowledge he's only one of ten outfield players, that you have only watched him closely once for 25 mins (vs Arsenal!) and would need to do so more often & that you can't assess his value to the team etc.

Then you go on on to say that the club must monitor his contribution and it's strange he gets a game. There's nothing in your post to suggest why you would conclude this would be strange at all...basically you've said you don't understand why he gets picked but can't explain why...maybe I've missed something...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I assume that someone/people within the club watch the individual performance of players more closely than most of us and that his level of contribution has been identified.
Don't worry...It's all on a hard drive in an Amazon Web Services server farm, or wherever Bloomberg keeps their data.

It's a business.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I really love the way that posters come on here to boast that they do not have the football knowledge to understand what JFC brings to the team. What amazes me is that it is said without irony!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Er I don't understand your logic at all: you acknowledge he's only one of ten outfield players, that you have only watched him closely once for 25 mins (vs Arsenal!) and would need to do so more often & that you can't assess his value to the team etc.

Then you go on on to say that the club must monitor his contribution and it's strange he gets a game. There's nothing in your post to suggest why you would conclude this would be strange at all...basically you've said you don't understand why he gets picked but can't explain why...maybe I've missed something...

I was merely saying that it's strange that he gets a game if his contribution in other games is similar to that which I observed v arsenal, albeit only for 25 minutes. I can only presume that normally he must contribute more and the Arsenal game was the exception and that the club's performance statistics back this up.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I was merely saying that it's strange that he gets a game if his contribution in other games is similar to that which I observed v arsenal, albeit only for 25 minutes. I can only presume that normally he must contribute more and the Arsenal game was the exception and that the club's performance statistics back this up.

Um I think your presumption is correct (and bleedin' obvious). Thanks for the clarification tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here