Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another loss!! When will they learn [JFC]

Feb 14, 2010
I think he needs a rest, and if we had Crofts, Stephens and KLL fit he wouldn't be in the starting XI. However the lynch mob mentality from some on here is depressing to read. Previously it was aimed at Barnes, now JFC.

Dont blame the fans. He needs a rest. Didums. Really, stop finding excuses. That one is almost as poor an excuse as "he is young" when Rooney and Owen ripped apart the Euros and world cups when in their teens. If you are good enough, you areold enough. Too tired ? All he does all year is play a few games of football, get the summer off and knock off training at lunch time. Our players lost to the bottom side in the Championship, the players have been shite all year and still 29000 pay to watch Fulham at home. The players need to be told and so they are being told. They have not been good enough. Take it, accepts it, do something about it or be transferred out of the club. As for Barnes, both he and CMS missed too many chances and they were told so. That's just how it is.

Feb 14, 2010
Which Euros and World Cups were these?

Rooney in Portugal, Owen goal against was it Argentina in was it Germany? Time goes by. Anyway, as I say, dont blame the fans. They have done their bit, in fact more than their bit if you look at the gates around the country. The club is all fur coat and no under garments. Great support, good ground, an all singing all dancing training ground but the team are shite as usual.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think concern should be shown against their goal as it was a most predictable free kick going exactly where it would be expected to go.

I only saw it live, so may be being harsh, but thought Stockdale could have done a bit better with the goal.

A few years ago Jamie O'Hara was on £35k a week and slipping one each night to Danielle Lloyd. Yesterday he looked overweight, was slow, bald, on a relative pittance at Blackpool and still managed to cost us a point.

Feb 14, 2010
Rooney scored against Switzerland and Croatia, and we lost that match against Argentina.

Blimey, talk about take a side point and stretch it. OK, Gaza in Italy 90. If you are good enough, you are old enough. But that's not the point. What I wonder is how on earth you can blame the fans for the team, as usual being shite. 29000 turn up for Fulham when fighting relegation in the Championship but for some reason, its the fans fault the team is shite. If all we can say of an England under 21 is that he was not as bad as some when losing to the bottom side in the Championship, then God help English football. people are just calling it the way it is. The players either improve or they have to go.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Blimey, talk about take a side point and stretch it. OK, Gaza in Italy 90. If you are good enough, you are old enough. But that's not the point. What I wonder is how on earth you can blame the fans for the team, as usual being shite. 29000 turn up for Fulham when fighting relegation in the Championship but for some reason, its the fans fault the team is shite. If all we can say of an England under 21 is that he was not as bad as some when losing to the bottom side in the Championship, then God help English football. people are just calling it the way it is. The players either improve or they have to go.

Where have I said it's the fans fault?

Feb 14, 2010
Where have I said it's the fans fault?

You called some of the fans a "lynch mob". They are not, they are probably just fed up with watching a shite team play in Brighton's kit and we have an England under 21 who is apparently not pulling up trees. He will get stick as a result. that is not a lynch mob, just fair comment from the 25000/30000 who are watching this relegation dogfight and the thousands more like myself ho are observing from afar.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You called some of the fans a "lynch mob". They are not, they are probably just fed up with watching a shite team play in Brighton's kit and we have an England under 21 who is apparently not pulling up trees. He will get stick as a result. that is not a lynch mob, just fair comment from the 25000/30000 who are watching this relegation dogfight and the thousands more like myself ho are observing from afar.

There were 11 players yesterday who didn't pull up trees. Why single out JFC and start a thread bemoaning his selection 20 minutes before kick off?

It was the same last season with some funts wanting Barnes to miss a penalty because it suited their agenda.

Talk to anyone who went yesterday and they will say the same, we were crap, but we weren't crap just because JFC was playing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You actually think JFC reads what's on here?
He's young, part of the IT savvy generation, so it's quite possible.

You actually think he gives a monkeys even if he does?
Why not? This board reflects similar views to those expressed by the crowd at matches; such negativity and constant criticism can effect a young player's confidence and attitude. It made Barnes keen to grab his chance to leave, didn't it?

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
The same fans who clamoured for McCourt to be signed too. That went well.

so every thing that doesn't go well is down to them?

Just because they may not appreciate some players to their full potential, doesn't mean they are in the wrong in every single f*ck up

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
There were 11 players yesterday who didn't pull up trees. Why single out JFC and start a thread bemoaning his selection 20 minutes before kick off?

It was the same last season with some funts wanting Barnes to miss a penalty because it suited their agenda.

Talk to anyone who went yesterday and they will say the same, we were crap, but we weren't crap just because JFC was playing.

this. this. this.

I went yesterday and we were fecking shit. I am normally very vocal against jfc and what he does for the team however I must accept, that yesterday he was one of our 'less crap' players. thought the game suited his style of play well

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Don't get me wrong, I'll always support whoever turns out in the stripes. But that doesn't stop me being critical of our players, formation, manager etc.

I think the grief Barnes got was completely unjustified & out of order. He always gave his all, got stuck in where it hurts, converted a reasonable number of chances and was often played out of position. He had a competitive streak few can match in our current team. You need an element of nastiness & aggression to grind out results.

Though I desperately want JFC to succeed, I really can't see how he enhances the team currently. He often loses the physical battle in midfield, regularly passes the ball behind his teammates (even when it is a forward pass) which kills any momentum, isn't blessed with pace or mind boggling dribbling skills. As someone else said earlier, he trots around the pitch at a single pace and is limited to short passes.

Yes he scored a great goal last season, but that is an exception based on his performances I've seen over the last few seasons.

In comparison I have been consistently impressed by Hughes at Derby &, dare I say, Williams at Palace (JFC has come NOWHERE near his performance for Ipswich at the Amex last season).

Like I said, I really hope JFC comes good. But it ain't happening for me this season.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He's had his moments, but I have to say I can't recall him ever being MOM? And a short while ago we did actually have more success than normal when he was banned. But good luck to the kid, I hope he does well wherever.

Feb 14, 2010

I'm not saying we were crap just because of JFC and I actually have nothing against him. Seen him a bit, I have seen worse playing for Brighton but that doesnt say much I suppose. All I am saying is that all of the players deserve stick and so when they get it, they have a few choices. Moan about being made a "scapegoat". That will not get them very far. Or improve, that will get them further. Alternatively someone has to make the decision that they are not good enough. That is just how it is. Its not about imaginary lynch mobs. Players get stick as people have opinions and when you have 25,000/30,000 watching a struggling Championship side then those opinions will become vocal. That's football and I dont see why you dont get that. I actually see some good things in JFC. He is tidy and doesnt give the ball away too much. He does however need to do more, f he has the ability. If he doesnt have the ability then he will have to go. That's not a lynch mob, its nothing personal, its just a fact that people dont want to put up with this rubbish any more. Its taken this club 30 years, Bill Archer, Gillingham and Withdean to get back on its feet. The garbage served up in those years is no longer acceptable and the players have to understand that. These standards are not acceptable. I actually think the players know that and Im very sure the manager does because I bet the Chairman told him when he took the job.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not saying we were crap just because of JFC and I actually have nothing against him. Seen him a bit, I have seen worse playing for Brighton but that doesnt say much I suppose. All I am saying is that all of the players deserve stick and so when they get it, they have a few choices. Moan about being made a "scapegoat". That will not get them very far. Or improve, that will get them further. Alternatively someone has to make the decision that they are not good enough. That is just how it is. Its not about imaginary lynch mobs. Players get stick as people have opinions and when you have 25,000/30,000 watching a struggling Championship side then those opinions will become vocal. That's football and I dont see why you dont get that. I actually see some good things in JFC. He is tidy and doesnt give the ball away too much. He does however need to do more, f he has the ability. If he doesnt have the ability then he will have to go. That's not a lynch mob, its nothing personal, its just a fact that people dont want to put up with this rubbish any more. Its taken this club 30 years, Bill Archer, Gillingham and Withdean to get back on its feet. The garbage served up in those years is no longer acceptable and the players have to understand that. These standards are not acceptable. I actually think the players know that and Im very sure the manager does because I bet the Chairman told him when he took the job.

Excuse me for jumping in ...are you drawing a distinction between ''the players have to understand that'' and ''I actually think the players know that''..?
I am glad you say ''players'' because isn't that the point that is being made...its not all about JFC...and yet people seem to pick on him ..no matter how well he has played...if you look earlier in the thread ..you will find posters, when presented with 'facts' actually had to almost retract the criticism they had made of JFC.
As regards to the starting of a thread before a ball has been kicked seems ridiculous and seems to back up that JFC is blamed no matter what

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
[/B]

Excuse me for jumping in ...are you drawing a distinction between ''the players have to understand that'' and ''I actually think the players know that''..?
I am glad you say ''players'' because isn't that the point that is being made...its not all about JFC...and yet people seem to pick on him ..no matter how well he has played...if you look earlier in the thread ..you will find posters, when presented with 'facts' actually had to almost retract the criticism they had made of JFC.
As regards to the starting of a thread before a ball has been kicked seems ridiculous and seems to back up that JFC is blamed no matter what

Without searching the whole thread, what facts were these lamie??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Without searching the whole thread, what facts were these lamie??

Lol...it was discussed on this thread or another after the match ...like you i'm not going back over the thread :)
Post was i think by Thunder Bolt ...maybe Acker and another....even BW was taken by surprise....cant help more at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here