Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Kennedy - 1992-1994 Albion - anyone remember him ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Raphael Meadey Meadey Meadey Meade,

Great equaliser at Burnton Park in the FA Cup, craziest celebrations ever in the away end!

Yep indeed and it was NEVER a throw that led to Boltons winner. Also remember the costa express broke down outside the ground...

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Mad Dog wasn't that bad - he was just lazy and looked unfit. If he had the attitude of Gary Hart, say, he'd have been an excellent player for us as he had a fair degree of ability.

A friend of mine was at school with him and saw him a few years ago in a bar near Stirling. He was a youth team coach at Rangers but I bet that job's gone for a burton now.
He came along to a BHALBA get-together in Sportsters in Stirling for the first leg of the play-off semi against Swindon in '04. He was a bit of an arse, tbh.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Raphael Meadey Meadey Meadey Meade,

Great equaliser at Burnton Park in the FA Cup, craziest celebrations ever in the away end!

Indeed. I will never forget that. Remember some kid with swastikas tatooed on his arms turning round to his mate shouting "Didn't Meadey take that f***ing well?"

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I remember him well, not a patch on Nogan but I do remember him scoring two goals in one game!!! Against WBA at the Goldstone

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I remember his scoring at Bournemouth in the 1st minute or something, we lost though!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Average player who just didn't try hard enough.. Brady told him he wasn't good enough for the reserves in the Sussex Senior Cup final in 1994, and he never played for us again after that

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
kennedy1.jpg

My least favourite kit of all time!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My only good memory of Kennedy is him scoring the winner at Swansea. To say his attitude left a lot to be desired is an understatement.

Monsieur Wabee

Apr 30, 2009
Cowfold
My late father decided it would be a nice surprise to sponsor a player on my behalf, out of the options left I got Andy Kennedy. In fairness when I met him he was a nice enough bloke and I did get the chance to walk out on the Goldstone turf. Happy days.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
He did a rather long pistol routine after scoreing in front of the north stand. I met him out in Brighton that evening and told him what a good goal he scored. He was really chuffed and bought me a pint. To this day he is still my favourite Albion player of all time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He was shite...utter shite!

I seem to recall the Gulls Eye had a front cover with Des Lynam auctioning him off for 5p for the save our seagulls fund.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He was shite...utter shite!

I seem to recall the Gulls Eye had a front cover with Des Lynam auctioning him off for 5p for the save our seagulls fund.

I remember another one with "Andy Kennedy, School of Diving" on the front as well.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I have two memories of the guy. (1) in the first leg of the Man U league cup tie a huge clearance came out from our defence in his direction. The ball came over his right shoulder and he casually stuck out his right foot and just killed it stone dead - fantastic piece of skill. (2) some matches later he half-heartedly trotted after a decent through ball looking as if he couldn't give a shit. I was standing right at the front and shouted 'Get after it Kennedy you lazy tart!' at one of those moments just as no-one else was shouting. He stopped (the ball was out of play by now) and started walking towards where I was standing. Given that he was lean, mean and about 6 inches taller than me (an overweight brazen coward) I immediately turned round as if to look behind me at 'whoever' might have shouted it. Fortunately he was too thick to see through my ruse and lollopped slowly back to the game.

That was Kennedy - possibly talented but too lazy to show it

Sep 20, 2005
Whenever he got in the box, he would always, always take a spectacular dive rather than try to score. I don't think I ever saw him win a penalty.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
He knew(Tiltman,Farrington,Meade the list is exhaustive) his strikers,Mark "had serious pace Gall? shame he had to retire & my all time favorite,Gary Nelson- ex winger (Take Note Gus -Buckley?)

Mark Gall remember him scoring the winner at Newcastle when Keegan had just taken over only about 150 of us up there a deafening silence when he scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here