Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Kennedy - 1992-1994 Albion - anyone remember him ?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
As I have passed 50 years of age my memory is on the blink. Flicking through the Story of Brighton & Hove Albion (Tim Carder & Roger Harris) I can clearly recall nearly all the regular first team players since I started watching the Albion in the late 60's . However, in season 1992-93 the Albion got on a free transfer Andy Kennedy who finished second top scorer to Kurt Nogan that season.

I have no memory of him at all - I can't find a picture of him (Wiki info very limited) and the name rings no bells at all. Anyone out there remember Andy ?

Cheers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Useless

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mad dog and the page 3 stunna.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was young, but I remember him. He was Scottish, my Dad disliked him for some reason and called him a tart.

He was and injury prone slow could not score in a brothel

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
kennedy1.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Missed a sitter at Sold Trafford to equalise in the League Cup (when it used to be over 2 legs).

He was junk.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He scored our only goal at my first ever Albion game, so his memory somewhat tenuously lives on there.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

He wasn't always that bad - we'd been spoilt by the beast that was Mike Small and Kennedy could never come close to reaching that level.

Wasn't the most hardworking but him and Nogan were okay. We certainly had a lot worse than Kennedy to come...(Warren+Adekola anyone?).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
son slated him at Bradford and the crowd was so small that he heard it clearly and had a go at him being about 14 years old but the few BHA supporters that were there turned on him and told him to shut the f..k up.

He wasn't always that bad - we'd been spoilt by the beast that was Mike Small and Kennedy could never come close to reaching that level.

Wasn't the most hardworking but him and Nogan were okay. We certainly had a lot worse than Kennedy to come...(Warren+Adekola anyone?).

Small and Byrne - one glorious season as a strike partnership I recall, a pair like that would do nicely now.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Excellent stuff lads - thanks - still don't remember him from the pictures.

He did indeed score the winner at Swansea on a Friday evening in November - that was when he was "hot" - scoring 6 in eight games.

How come I can remember Eddie Spearritt from 20 years previous and not Kennedy ?:lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Small and Byrne - one glorious season as a strike partnership I recall, a pair like that would do nicely now.

A pair like that and we would be top of the table

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
He was and injury prone slow could not score in a brothel

I've just checked - 10 goals in 42 games. That's fairly shit.

Maybe you were right and I was being overly kind to him! We definitely saw a lot worse in the next five years or so, though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've just checked - 10 goals in 42 games. That's fairly shit.

Maybe you were right and I was being overly kind to him! We definitely saw a lot worse in the next five years or so, though.

We did and your right, but to be honest what happened off the pitch took all my attention during the war years

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Wasn't it 'Disco Andy'. Billy Big Bollocks, and a waste of space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here