Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Kennedy - 1992-1994 Albion - anyone remember him ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
[MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION] any chance of a few Mad Dog clips

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Frustrating player, from what I can remember.

When we played United in the cup at Old Trafford, I seem to remember he was genuinely fouled in the box, but went down so damn theatrically like he'd been shot, it wasn't given.

Precisely my recollection. Definite pen but he decided to add the twist and pike for "good" measure.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My old man used to constantly give him grief from the stands about being lazy and the fact that his kit was never dirty even on a rainy mud soaked Goldstone pitch.

One time when he lazily chased a ball that went out of play my old man told him to '' put some bloody effort in Kennedy''

Kennedy then threatened to jump into the South Stand and smash his face in if he gave him any more lip,:lolol: was highly amusing at the time and we still laugh about it now.

And yes that was a stone wall penalty at Old Trafford, his Swan Lake impression didn't go down well with the ref though that day.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:needpics: of Maria Whittaker

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Missed a sitter at Sold Trafford to equalise in the League Cup (when it used to be over 2 legs).

He was junk.

I will always rememeber his swallow dive as schmiechel bought him down in the 1993 cup tie at old trafford.....pen obviously not given!

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
My old man used to constantly give him grief from the stands about being lazy and the fact that his kit was never dirty even on a rainy mud soaked Goldstone pitch.

One time when he lazily chased a ball that went out of play my old man told him to '' put some bloody effort in Kennedy''

Kennedy then threatened to jump into the South Stand and smash his face in if he gave him any more lip,:lolol: was highly amusing at the time and we still laugh about it now.

And yes that was a stone wall penalty at Old Trafford, his Swan Lake impression didn't go down well with the ref though that day.

Ha ha! your dad has given me my abiding memory of Andy Kennedy, was a STH in the south stand with my old man and sister and I distinctly remember that happening! FWIW, your dad was right.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Maria Whittaker, if my memory serves me well.

600full-maria-whittaker.jpg

Looks nice :p

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
My Outstanding memory of Andy Kennedy is home to Pompey in Jan 1993( I think) when we won 1-0 in the Fa cup. I remember clearly he was clean through heading to the North stand when he inexplicably slowed down allowing Andy awford to tackle him cleanly.He then did a Suarez and fell over in the penalty area when no pen was forthcoming and play carried on with pompey he lay prone on the turf for at least 30 secs. What a TART

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Raphael Meadey Meadey Meadey Meade,

Great equaliser at Burnton Park in the FA Cup, craziest celebrations ever in the away end!

Yeah,was there that day,after we scored and it had settled down,I found myself about 30 yards away from where I was orginally standing!

I think Bolton were a division lower than us at the time and played us off the park,lost 2-1 if I remember rightly

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
As I have passed 50 years of age my memory is on the blink. Flicking through the Story of Brighton & Hove Albion (Tim Carder & Roger Harris) I can clearly recall nearly all the regular first team players since I started watching the Albion in the late 60's . However, in season 1992-93 the Albion got on a free transfer Andy Kennedy who finished second top scorer to Kurt Nogan that season.

I have no memory of him at all - I can't find a picture of him (Wiki info very limited) and the name rings no bells at all. Anyone out there remember Andy ?

Cheers.

Same as you,if he walked in my front room,I wouldn't know who he was

Was it him who missed a guilt edged chance in front of the Brighton fans at Old Trafford in the FA Cup?

About the only chance we had all match,remember Dennis Irwin hitting the bar at the Stretford End from a free kick,think it's still rattling

Old Trafford was really quiet that day,apart from us of course

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION] any chance of a few Mad Dog clips

Yes. I am creating a compilation of his goals from the 1992/93 season. Just saving the file now and then posting it to YouTube later today.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yeah,was there that day,after we scored and it had settled down,I found myself about 30 yards away from where I was orginally standing!

I think Bolton were a division lower than us at the time and played us off the park,lost 2-1 if I remember rightly

We took loads up there that day, simply because we'd gone to Anfield the previous season in the FA Cup. Paul McCarthy lost it for us by inexplicably handling in the box, think we got home just in time to see it on Match of the Day! Cold and miserable day oop north.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here