Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Kennedy - 1992-1994 Albion - anyone remember him ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always had his arm raised asking for the ball, seldom made the effort to go and get it when it came his way

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A pair like that and we would be top of the table

Two class signings by the much maligned Barry Lloyd. Byrne from Le Havre and Small from a Greek club.

Didn't Byrne set a record by scoring in every round of the FA Cup, except the final?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Always had his arm raised asking for the ball, seldom made the effort to go and get it when it came his way

That's what it was,i thought he was flagging a sherbert on old shoreham road.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Frustrating player, from what I can remember.

When we played United in the cup at Old Trafford, I seem to remember he was genuinely fouled in the box, but went down so damn theatrically like he'd been shot, it wasn't given.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Two class signings by the much maligned Barry Lloyd

He knew(Tiltman,Farrington,Meade the list is exhaustive) his strikers,Mark "had serious pace Gall? shame he had to retire & my all time favorite,Gary Nelson- ex winger (Take Note Gus -Buckley?)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep mad dog. Did that "robot" dance thing after scoring. Dated page three bird maria whittaker. Remeber him scorimg two goals against stockport when they had that really big fella up front. Fossie marked him out the game.

He missed a sitter agaimst utd at the goldstone in league cup and up there in the fa cup was brought down by schmeichael.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Small and Byrne - one glorious season as a strike partnership I recall, a pair like that would do nicely now.
Ah just seeing the names together brings it all back.

I must remember those 2 names the next time I'm banging on:-

'this is the best it's ever been'.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yep mad dog. Did that "robot" dance thing after scoring. Dated page three bird maria whittaker. Remeber him scorimg two goals against stockport when they had that really big fella up front. Fossie marked him out the game.

He missed a sitter agaimst utd at the goldstone in league cup and up there in the fa cup was brought down by schmeichael.

$T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8GcoBQc(lWe7Ww~~60_35.JPG

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
He knew(Tiltman,Farrington,Meade the list is exhaustive) his strikers,Mark "had serious pace Gall? shame he had to retire & my all time favorite,Gary Nelson- ex winger (Take Note Gus -Buckley?)

Raphael Meadey Meadey Meadey Meade,

Great equaliser at Burnton Park in the FA Cup, craziest celebrations ever in the away end!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mad Dog wasn't that bad - he was just lazy and looked unfit. If he had the attitude of Gary Hart, say, he'd have been an excellent player for us as he had a fair degree of ability.

A friend of mine was at school with him and saw him a few years ago in a bar near Stirling. He was a youth team coach at Rangers but I bet that job's gone for a burton now.

D

Deleted User X18H

I used to have a flat along the road from the Excelsior Hotel on Hove Seafront. Him and Meade were living there. Codner for a while and Zeke Rowe also lived there.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Raphael Meadey Meadey Meadey Meade,

Great equaliser at Burnton Park in the FA Cup, craziest celebrations ever in the away end!

I perhaps was being harsh on Meade

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Frustrating player, from what I can remember.

When we played United in the cup at Old Trafford, I seem to remember he was genuinely fouled in the box, but went down so damn theatrically like he'd been shot, it wasn't given.

My memory says he took a dive when it was easier to put it in the net! Very annoying moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am I right in remembering him going in goals at Mansfield after a sending off? We won 3-1 if memory serves...

I was at this game. He was in goal for sure but I cannot recall the score. This was in the days when our away support was really low as well; very few Albion at this game.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Certainly had ability when he felt inclined. Sadly, as he had a bad attitude & was lazy, supporters saw little of that ability. One of those players who could have gone further had he been more focused. As he wasn't, thats why we picked him up on a free from Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here