Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ignoring all the Nazi balls going on.

Reich: Meaning 'realm' or 'empire'

Das: Meaning 'the'

There were two reichs before the rather terrible third.

I think it is fair to say that 'Das Reich' is almost always associated with the Nazi's and not just because of the SS division. The first reich was the holy roman empire, the second rose form unification under Wilhelm I, however Hitler sort to rewrite history and didn't even want to acknowledge the 2nd Reich as period in German history so didn't want to be known as the 3rd Reich, he wanted to be known as 'The' or 'Greater' hence Das Reich .

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Depends on his views.

If, like the band New Order, its just a title, and no harm is intended nor do his views cause offence .... no problem.

If he is glorifying those murderers, and/or is anti-semitic, and/or an admirer of the Nazis in any shape or form ... I hope the mod's deal with it.

In the the same way the earlier line up was called Joy division, it was to bring attention to it.
But it backfired really because if you search for "Joy Division" all you get in the bands history ???

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
You are also not very bright. No-one is suggesting that we have an SS panzer division posting on NSC.

What people are suggesting is that for the Mods to allow Das Reich the freedom to make his very stupid point is, at best, a serious misjudgment.

Surely we would be no worse than the Third Reich if his username was forced to be changed. Are you trying to create your own Aryan race of usenames?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely we would be no worse than the Third Reich if his username was forced to be changed. Are you trying to create your own Aryan race of usenames?

I would have thought anyone seeing his username, their first reaction would be that we have a racist nazi on the forum.

I'm not sure where good taste finishes, and too much censorship begins. It must be approx. around this area though. :whistle:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You've got to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise before you know it we'll have Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler and Ernst Kaltenbrunner posting on here before long.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't his first name Darren ???

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
-As Lord Bracknell has said Das Reich honours that elite SS panzer gruppen whose march across France to meet the allies after DDay was characterised by atrocities and executions along their merry way. Max Hastings wrote a book on it which I have recommended that das reich reads and then takes a good look at himself.

Am currently reading All Hell let loose by Max Hastings - a fantastic insight into life during the second world war from the perspective of everyday people, not from the usual noted figures in History. Also gives you a non-uk bias which I think is important.

Fan through it and pick almost any paragraph and it will put a 3-1 loss at Sheffield Wednesday well and truelly into perpsective !!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Speaking as a British Grammar Nazi, I must point out that there were two non-Nazi Reichs. Is 'Bismarck' haram as a username or 'King Leopold of Belgium' or 'Chairman Mao' or 'Pol Pot' or 'Saddam Hussein' (has the point sunk in yet?)?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's just words.

Distasteful absolutely.

But words none the less.

I would not begrudge mods taking action, because this is a privately owned board and they can decide to do that if they want.

But in general I far prefer tolerance over intolerance, and tolerance is reserved precisely for things we detest, not just things that we agree with.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
All of the f***ing shit posted on here and people are worried about someone's user name. It's because his dad/grandad whoever fought in the war, that he has the right to freedom of speech, especially on a f***ing Internet footy board.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
I went there a few years ago, utterly weird experience. The last thing I thought of was NSC.

Have been there twice, first time 20 years ago and not a year has gone by since when I dont stop and think about that town on 10th June. I think thats the best way of summing up the impact it has had on me and my outlook on life.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's been ridiculed for his beliefs and lack of understanding of the past. So I don't see the problem.

He'll pick up enough infringements from his usual rubbish tick he posts and will get banned, so I don't think it is a massive issue.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's just words.

Distasteful absolutely.

But words none the less.

I would not begrudge mods taking action, because this is a privately owned board and they can decide to do that if they want.

But in general I far prefer tolerance over intolerance, and tolerance is reserved precisely for things we detest, not just things that we agree with.

Agreed, just words. If someone wanted to post under the username "Jew Killer" that would certainly be acceptable. Maybe "Wish more kids had been murdered on the Moors". At the end of the day they are only words. We would all find it exceptionally funny, and if we didn't we would rightfully be ridiculed by the Right and the Good of NSC.

Actually I have always found DR's football knowledge to be second to none. He always questioned Gus's policy of just playing one up front. His input into the Buckley v Lua Lua debate was an absolute masterpiece.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I support the use of neo-Nazi usernames by neo-Nazis. It saves on the whole thing of having to read several of said poster's posts to work out they are a neo-Nazi. Although to be fair most give it away within five words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports