Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The SS were different to regular troops, these were people commited to Nazism.And to answer your question if I was faced with the choice, gun down 200 men,women and children into a ditch they have dug themselves then I would rather be shot actually. I could never live with myself.
You'll find that a alot of ordinary wehrmacht troops were just as bad as the SS

Soldaten: On Fighting, Killing and Dying by Sönke Neitzel and Harald Welzer – review | Books | The Observer

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
As much as the crimes of the SS were,in most cases it was "You shoot them or you'll be shot"....what would you have done ? I'm not for one minute saying they were right,they comitted some terrible crimes...as did the Russians,the Americans and British,Japanese...no country was blameless and remember...there are good and bad amongst all people...history records the evil.

There are plenty of documented cases of German soldiers requesting not to participate in atrocities in Einsatzgruppen and concentration camps, and having these requests granted. By and large SS troops had a choice as to whether to participate, and had no reasonable expectation of reprisals if they objected. The uncomfortable truth is, for the most part, they participated willingly.

Jan 30, 2008
From what I can gather you're hundreds of miles out, I last saw das reich about 25 years ago, the only bit you're correct about is old , if you cound 50 ish as old, he's not single, not fat , as tall as me 5'11, and has a job , not sure how old his computer is though.
oi, i'm 6ft mate:lolol:
Regards
DR

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I bet Duncan Sanderson will be spinning in his grave!*

*Assuming he's dead (which he must be by now) & he wasn't cremeted.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There are plenty of documented cases of German soldiers requesting not to participate in atrocities in Einsatzgruppen and concentration camps, and having these requests granted. By and large SS troops had a choice as to whether to participate, and had no reasonable expectation of reprisals if they objected. The uncomfortable truth is, for the most part, they participated willingly.

Are you serious? I would very much like to be shown examples of this type of democratic approach being adopted by the SS.

No serious reprisals for objecting to atrocities? What? I know that the incidence of alcoholism and suicide among Einsatzgruppen and the deaths head units was a concern for the leadership and that SS men were given frequent leave and duty changes because of the psychological damage among them...I suggest that is different from just asking to be excused duty from murdering and being waved off by the obergruppenfuhrer for light duties in Paris.

The nazis whole point was that the victim races were untermensch and enemies if the reich...disposing of them was the sole function of the SS units in the east. It wasn't an optional element of the job.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Is this you Das?

download (11).jpg

In your little Tank?

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Couldn't be arsed to read the 15 pages of the thread - way too much for my
attention span - but I say leave the fellow alone. Yes, his choice of username
is infelicitous, to say the least, but I don't think he's a genuine nazi sympathiser
(no man who is right in his mind could possibly be one, and DR doesn't come across
as being "off his rocker").

Jan 30, 2008
is infelicitous, to say the least, but I don't think he's a genuine nazi sympathiser
(no man who is right in his mind could possibly be one, and DR doesn't come across
WELL SAID THAT MAN :wink:
regards
DR

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's a hell of a leap from Das Reich to Pretty Pink Fairy. Didn't think the nazis liked the woofters.

Jan 30, 2008
It's a hell of a leap from Das Reich to Pretty Pink Fairy. Didn't think the nazis liked the woofters.

i haven't leaped anywhere .. you know that :wink: i've still got a few stories to be told, i'm sure plenty of the good folk of NSC will be pleased to hear them. you see the thing is Kumquat i'm genuinely a good lad , most people like me:wink:
regards
DR

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Exactly. It seems he just loves a wind up and the muppets take the bait.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here