Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But to glorify for pathetic shock-jock tactics murderous scum is a step beyond humanity.

i visited Oradour when i was a kid and it definitely left a mark on me i know its story and history fairly well including Das Reich,however i have never associated any of DR posts as being relevant or even associated with this atrocity,i could be wrong of course

rather than accusing him of gloryfying murderous scum would it not be more prudent to give evidence that he has actually done this

or option b just move on and if you dont like what he writes just ignore

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agreed, just words. If someone wanted to post under the username "Jew Killer" that would certainly be acceptable. Maybe "Wish more kids had been murdered on the Moors". At the end of the day they are only words. We would all find it exceptionally funny, and if we didn't we would rightfully be ridiculed by the Right and the Good of NSC.

Actually I have always found DR's football knowledge to be second to none. He always questioned Gus's policy of just playing one up front. His input into the Buckley v Lua Lua debate was an absolute masterpiece.

Listing very very offensive words doesn't challenge the point that it's just words. I guess what you are trying to say is "how much should we tolerate?"

I try looking at this less in terms of the DR username and the guy who uses it, and more in terms of myself or this board. We know what DR is about, but we don't control what kind of person he is, or what he is about, we only control what we are about. So, what are we about? Tolerating something you find offensive does not mean you endorse it, it just means you are confident and strong enough to rise above it. I like to think we are.

Depends on his views.

If, like the band New Order, its just a title, and no harm is intended nor do his views cause offence .... no problem.

If he is glorifying those murderers, and/or is anti-semitic, and/or an admirer of the Nazis in any shape or form ... I hope the mod's deal with it.

....Not sure about this one - check out their previous name as well which has unpleasant connotations, but then they are both perceived as legendary rock bands worshipped by many so it must be alright???. I am in the "it is only words" camp and has someone has already pointed out there were also First and Second Reichs so arguably it could be one of those.

Much as I dislike coming over all Daily Mail, a case of "PC gone made" maybe?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
f*** me peeps!

When did [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] get NSC a high horse for members to sit on?

This is a bit OTT innit?

as someone has already pointed out there were also First and Second Reichs so arguably it could be one of those.
It's not. It's a homage to the 2nd SS Panzer Division and DR's perception of their courageous fighting qualities. Some of us think those qualities count for nothing, when weighed up against the murderous brutality that they displayed at Oradour.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
thanks for the support of the level headed on here, as for the others................

Twat

Why don't you just dispel the rumours and explain why you feel the need to use this username?

Is it just simply attention seeking or are you an oppressive brute hell bent on a aryan race just like your predecessors?

I'm intrigued

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
All of the f***ing shit posted on here and people are worried about someone's user name. It's because his dad/grandad whoever fought in the war, that he has the right to freedom of speech, especially on a f***ing Internet footy board.

This.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Depends on his views.

If, like the band New Order, its just a title, and no harm is intended nor do his views cause offence .... no problem.

If he is glorifying those murderers, and/or is anti-semitic, and/or an admirer of the Nazis in any shape or form ... I hope the mod's deal with it.

Uh oh, I like New Order and Joy Division

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
All of the f***ing shit posted on here and people are worried about someone's user name. It's because his dad/grandad whoever fought in the war, that he has the right to freedom of speech, especially on a f***ing Internet footy board.

You know his family?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here