Amex retail catering

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just realised, you mean queuing for the tills. I was thinking of queuing to get into the shop. D'oh!

No problem.

I would be really interested as to why this isn't at least given a go.

A second person (or at least an increase in staff numbers) behind the tills is essential though too. One person constantly 'at the tills' and a number of 'grabbers' is what is needed.

At least with the snake queue system, it feels like you're actually moving.

More mobile outlets (taking the pre loaded cards) is also a good shout.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If anybody has been to Amsterdam they will be familiar with the febo outlets, those not familiar they are vending machines that dispense pre made hot food. Surely we could have something similar?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
IMHO, the biggest slow down factor is the tea/coffee/bovril requests..

At the Southampton game there was a chap who wanted to pay cash for his order but also wanted the staff to apply the 10% discount being a ST holder. By the time three members of staff had tried to explain the system to him it had taken a further 3 minutes, holding everyone up behind him. Sometimes we have to understand that we, the customer, are not always right!

Update the beer pumps to the ones like at Wembley and Twickenham that can pour 4 pints at a time, ive lost a lot of time waiting for my pint to be pulled as the poor lad cant keep up with demand.

Turn 3 tills into beer only, a lot of people eat at the stadium but I reckon that figure is under 50%, And judging by how busy my kiosk is (WSU block D/E) a majority of people drink.

All of these addressed by having snakey queues.

At least with the snake queue system, it feels like you're actually moving.

You actually are moving faster - here's why it works (a bit of science):

[yt]F5Ri_HhziI0[/yt]

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another benefit of the snake queue, when you get to the top of the stairs (WSU), especially the South end, you may be able to get through to the middle section or toilets. It is seriously so narrow and the current queues totally block the concourse

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Thinking about it, its within all of our interests to get this sorted.

More beer and food consumed = more revenue to the club.

More beer and food consumed = happy football fans.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
A barrier style system so that the front person in the queue goes to the next available person to serve

Couldn't agree more. It really pisses me off when you queue for ages to realise the queue next to you has gone down a lot quicker.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
at the Sydney football Ground, and, heaven above, you can sit in your seat and drink beer and go out at half time for a ciggy. Bless'em.... Crap football though.
!
Ah but in this country you're not allowed to consume alcohol if in view if the pitch. So no 'at seat service' here I'm afraid. And this only applies to football grounds.

And the cold fizzy much they serve at the SFS is not worth queing up for.

Come on the Cove (ah, fond memories!)

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Yup, totally understand you cannot watch your game whilst drinking, and agree the beer they serve is crap, however, you cannot get away from the fact that their 'service' and queuing system is better than ours.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
That is a good point - and may be down to a design / layout flaw in the concourse.

and of course every one coming off the stairs into WSU comes straight up against a wall of people either queing for pies'n'pints or standing around gassing amongst themselves whilst staring at the TVs. At some point there is going to be an altercation at that point with either a fight breaking out in WSU between people tryoing to get past people with drinks and knocking intoi them and spilling the pint,

or

a whacking great queue starting to fom in the stairwell as people cannot through the scrum at the top of the stairwell and get into the concourse at all. mThis of coulrse coupld lead to possible crushes in avery confined space.............
We dont want our own version of "Stairway 13' to happen here

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A barrier style system so that the front person in the queue goes to the next available person to serve

[MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]
This will even out the queueing and maybe, if managed properly, stop queue jumping

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
I would like to see the portable hot dog stands moved away from the sides where the ledge is for customers to put pies/burgers, in the lower west there is space elsewhere for these yet they take up loads of space in front of these shelves. If not maybe the club needs to put more in. Also hot pies would be nice, the last two i have had have barely had any warmth to them, I do wonder how long they have sat on the shelf (i'm normally at ground about 130 when the coach is there). If I get another coldish buy i wont bother again.

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
I cant help constantly feel that this is Azures responsibility....not the clubs. Azure have the contract.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I cant help constantly feel that this is Azures responsibility....not the clubs. Azure have the contract.

I suspect a bit of both. The catering is obviously Azure - but the concourses, though...?

Seeing as Azure at the Amex are badged as Brighton & Hove Albion, somewhere down the line there is probably a dose of 'collective responsibility'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yup. As you would know as an avid listener of the fine Albion Roar :p Richard Hebberd stated that one, they promised the residents that they wouldn't do that - get roundable I'm sure - and, two - and one that I am more likely to buy - the areas outside are congregation areas for emergencies (for the stadium and the railway station).

I would have thought that 2 large kiosks/caravan bars like Reading have situated around the perimeter fences at each of the 4 sides wouldnt cause congestion problems. As has been said the burger van at the station does a good trade but is very slow. They also use standard Elite 90% beef burgers as I did in the pubs I think, which are excellant value for money at the price Elite charge for them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Already mentioned but yes

Snake line

More staff -perhaps pay one and collect at the next

Information of whats avalible - mulitple times long wait to be told no veggie pies or Harveys

Seperate fast lines for set items i.e Pints/pies, teas, coffees

More food options - Thai, Noodles, pie varietys

Hophead?

Look forward to it all improving and being able to spend more money...

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Bollocks to that. Some dimbo ordering 9 pints for all his mates should not be allowed, it ties up the till for far too long and completely stuffs up everyone else unlucky enough to be behind him in that particular queue. Half time in particular is an extremely limited timeframe to queue and consume a beer, so the last thing you need is someone getting the drinks in for half a block.

I'd limit it to no more than 3 pints per person in any one transaction, and make ir nice and clear with signs over the tills. Just means one or two more mates will have to get off their arses and join another queue - at least then all the queues would, in theory, chug along a bit quicker.

I am no "expert" but would that just mean two more people in the queue and 3 transactions instead of one?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Are Azure really such a horseshit organisation that they need to be spoon-fed this stuff like this?

Given that the answer appears to be "yes" I would ask them if their management have legs, eyes, mouths and ears.

Assuming the answer in most cases is probably yes they do, I would suggest that on match days they:

1) Walk the concourses
2) Look at what is happening
3) Talk to customers
4) Listen to what people are telling them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports