Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My expectation is that Bissouma would like to go to the continent to play his prime years in Spain or Italy, and would be prepared to let his contract run down so those clubs can afford him - unless very clear release clauses in a new contract. I would be surprised if he ties himself to a premier league club, especially one in the North, for five years. Perhaps only London would satisfy him but Chelsea are the only club there that can offer regular CL football and the one club who definitely don't have a place for him.

But he's such a perfect fit for a team like Barca or Milan - and in one year his performances will hopefully have justified any interest those clubs have, and also he will also become affordable to them. That's what I reckon, 20-30m to a top European side in summer 2022.

I will eat one of [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] rock and roll stars hats if we sell Biss for 30 million or less, please feel free to bounce. Not going to happen, do you think a twit is the owner of this club?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Plastic United fan at my work, didn't even know who Bissouma was last season when I picked him for my fantasy team...

Now he's chatting away about his abilities like he's followed his career since Lille.

I find it so irritating.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Plastic United fan at my work, didn't even know who Bissouma was last season when I picked him for my fantasy team...

Now he's chatting away about his abilities like he's followed his career since Lille.

I find it so irritating.

They’re all at it here too. Plastics just regurgitate MOTD, Sky and the Sun and it’s so vacuous I’m actually past caring.
On Monday one said to me ‘Brighton are good aren’t they? If only they had a striker. That Bissouma...’. I just smiled.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
They’re all at it here too. Plastics just regurgitate MOTD, Sky and the Sun and it’s so vacuous I’m actually past caring.
On Monday one said to me ‘Brighton are good aren’t they? If only they had a striker. That Bissouma...’. I just smiled.

What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Disappointed that Lallana and Trossaed don't have it in their locker. Mac Allister looks for all the world like he should be able to curl one[/B] in. I reckon Connolly would be great at it but he'll be down the pecking order. But if none of them can let's go back to March. This wellying it at the wall thing is weird. It's almost like Potter with all his tactical nous has just given direct free kicks a pass, strange one.

Or maybe we just haven't got to that part of the lesson yet , to be honest with the way he's solved or solving every other problem he's been presented with I shouldn't doubt him!

Not sure i'd trust some of our players to accurately curl one out

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I will eat one of [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] rock and roll stars hats if we sell Biss for 30 million or less, please feel free to bounce. Not going to happen, do you think a twit is the owner of this club?

When contracts run down the transfer fee of players inevitably lose value, regardless of who the owner is. If its 30m next summer or £0 the year after, we'll take the 30.

What are the alternatives? Force through a sale now or in January, but if he doesn't want to go to one of the few clubs potentially willing to pay 50m+ for him at the moment, we can't sell, and of at did it would hurt us immeasurably on the field - quite possibly to a value much higher than the 20m difference on proposed transfer fees. Or we sign him to a new long term contract, but I'd be surprised if Biss did that without decent release clauses, and I gather from others comments elsewhere that we don't want to include those in contracts. (expect we'd consider changing our stance here, for the 'non-twit' reason)

Its total speculation on my part, obviously, but if I was in his position, and had my heart set on a move to Spain in a couple of years , I'd have to let my contract run down because I know those clubs can't afford the premier league market rate. Not unless I was a true world class star, and it's hard to get that recognition when you're not in the champions league or a major international side.

But I am just speculating because its fun to do so, and I'm getting my prediction down early. We will of course see what happens down the road. As per your post, feel free to bounce :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I’ve decided to invest in a Leon Russell hat of yore… it’ll make quite a meal. I’d gladly eat it stuffed with tuna pasta IF Biss leaves for less than 85 million.

There. I’ve laid my hat on the line, again.

EC871764-F58B-4E03-BAC6-551269AE3AEB.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve decided to invest in a Leon Russell hat of yore… it’ll make quite a meal. I’d gladly eat it stuffed with tuna pasta IF Biss leaves for less than 85 million.

There. I’ve laid my hat on the line, again.

View attachment 139782

**** that! I’m not eating that one :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When contracts run down the transfer fee of players inevitably lose value, regardless of who the owner is. If its 30m next summer or £0 the year after, we'll take the 30.

What are the alternatives? Force through a sale now or in January, but if he doesn't want to go to one of the few clubs potentially willing to pay 50m+ for him at the moment, we can't sell, and of at did it would hurt us immeasurably on the field - quite possibly to a value much higher than the 20m difference on proposed transfer fees. Or we sign him to a new long term contract, but I'd be surprised if Biss did that without decent release clauses, and I gather from others comments elsewhere that we don't want to include those in contracts. (expect we'd consider changing our stance here, for the 'non-twit' reason)

Its total speculation on my part, obviously, but if I was in his position, and had my heart set on a move to Spain in a couple of years , I'd have to let my contract run down because I know those clubs can't afford the premier league market rate. Not unless I was a true world class star, and it's hard to get that recognition when you're not in the champions league or a major international side.

But I am just speculating because its fun to do so, and I'm getting my prediction down early. We will of course see what happens down the road. As per your post, feel free to bounce :)

I'm also speculating, but my hunch is that he'll sign a new contract soon after the window closes. It will give him a substantial pay rise, and will also include a release clause, and he'll be off next summer (I'm surprised he didn't go this summer).

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Honestly, I think you're about 12 months out of date. I would honestly say you describe him perfectly from that sort of time but nowadays he is outstanding.

If you want a caveat, I'd say he's not quite Kante level yet, but on the other hand he'd absolutely walk into Man Utd's starting line up, seeing as he'd be competing for Scott McTominay's position.

Thanks for that - happy to be wrong! :)

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
He will sign a new contract and will then go but to a European top club. He knows he has been looked after here and will be very grateful but his chance for bigger and better things await. He won’t go for less than Ben White that’s for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here