Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am a bit worried as the window is about to close that last minute bid might happen. He is destined for the top so I was hoping we could get one more season out of him. A figure of 40 million is being banded about but surely he is worth more than White. Unbelievably good player.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
He will sign a new contract and will then go but to a European top club. He knows he has been looked after here and will be very grateful but his chance for bigger and better things await. He won’t go for less than Ben White that’s for sure.

I agree. I hope Brighton will annouce his new contract soon

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Brighton are understood to want around £40million to part company with Bissouma

I know we know they make this stuff up but where does this £40 million figure come from?!
He still has two years on his contract. We've just sold White for £50 million. They're ****ing idiots.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

There is an unfortunate typo in that article:-

Shit.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We take months trying to land our top targets, I would be surprised if there is enough time to sort Bissouma to United, Liverpool or Arsenal in 5 days with a weekend and a Bank Holiday in it. They will be paying exactly what TB wants without much negotiation if this is going to happen.

I had pretty well accepted that we’d be keeping him until at least January, so would be pretty gutting to lose him now :down:

Hope it’s paper bollocks, I’m sure TB telling anyone it’s 40 million is made up bollocks though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plastic United fan at my work, didn't even know who Bissouma was last season when I picked him for my fantasy team...

Now he's chatting away about his abilities like he's followed his career since Lille.

I find it so irritating.

Hahahaha are you me?

My (used to be game going) plastic United fan boss didn't even know who Bissouma was last season when I was talking him up.
To help him I likened Biss to Yaya, all was good.

Yesterday was our first chance to chat since Burnley.
It didn't take long for Biss to crop up, I'm saying Top 4 or nothing, cos he loves the boss, club and fans.

Boss replies 'yeah that comes across on his Twitter and Instagram' :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Far, far too late in the window for this to happen.

The bid would now have to be £80 million plus and rising significantly by the day.

Teams have had weeks to sign him, you don't negotiate with Tony for a key player hours before the deadline.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We’re playing Merseyside club with the window open. No surprise that some of our best players are being linked to the two teams from there. What a bunch of muppets the press are. We’ll be waking up with ‘Lamptey To Everton’ tomorrow I imagine.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Argus saying Biss is happy here but Potter is not ruling out any star names including him and Maupay leaving by the time the window shuts….

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Far, far too late in the window for this to happen.

The bid would now have to be £80 million plus and rising significantly by the day.

Teams have had weeks to sign him, you don't negotiate with Tony for a key player hours before the deadline.

Why does any of that surprise you?

We ain't a top 4 club.

Top 4 clubs don't have to buy green tomatoes - we do.

Dropping £80m on an afterthought red tomato as the window closes, is meaningless to them.
The Albion are overstocked with green tomatoes for exactly that reason.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Recent good performances and how late in the transfer window it is would mean his asking price has gone from around £40/50m upto more like £70m+ and nobody will want to pay that for a player from little old Brighton. Can’t see it happening. Maybe City or United would but they already spent a lot.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus saying Biss is happy here but Potter is not ruling out any star names including him and Maupay leaving by the time the window shuts….
How the shag can we sell another striker now ?

We are struggling to bring in 1 striker as it is. No chance we can sign 2 in 5 days.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The key factor is that Bissouma only has two years left on his contract. Once this transfer window closes his value to Brighton starts to plummet unless he signs a new contract.
Hopefully we can swerve this window and sign him long term on a new contract.

If not, next summer with only a year on his contract the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal will be hovering with bids of £30m for what is currently at least a £50m player.

Stick or twist?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How the shag can we sell another striker now ?

We are struggling to bring in 1 striker as it is. No chance we can sign 2 in 5 days.

I am not stressing over this.

If we sell Maupay now, we either have two strikers lined up or we haven't got a pot to piss in. I don't think either is likely.
Bissouma to Liverpool is not impossible, but on balance I also don't think this will happen. You need;

1 The player to be itching for a move.
2 The club to be happy with the offer.
3 The player to believe he is a big part of the plans of the buying manager.

Right now 1 doesn't look likely, (next season may well be different)
2 & 3 Liverpool appear to be looking to fill a gap in their squad. Are they going to make an offer we can't refuse? will Bissouma be a big part of their plans this season?

If Liverpool really want him, they have a lot of work to do on all three fronts in a short space of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here