Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce - what a twat

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
A mate of mine is a big QPR fan and he's pulling his hair out at it right now. Taarbat could be going, Routledge is going elsewhere, and the Board are not letting Warnock bring anyone in. Right now, they look like starting teh season with a significantly weaker team than they finished last season. Madness.

Ditto. My QPR-supporting friend thinks they'll get less points than Derby got in 2007. They're a soap opera, QPR, very sad. But quite funny really :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Listening to Talksport tonight and even Adrian Durham was having a go at Allardyce stating that if he had done a better job selling the WestSham than being an obnoxious twat then they might of signed him. Completely discounted the "money choice" comment as stupidity.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Unfortunately I think Allardyce confuses the word "football" with the words "not losing" and sets his sides up to do exactly that. This is not to say that he can't use good footballers or that his sides are entirely rigid tactically, but simply that they will tend to be very efficient and very organised with the emphasis on controlling the game in midfield. I remember seeing his Bolton side beat Birmingham 4-0 at St Andrews some years ago when they were under the cosh defensively for the whole game but kept the clean sheet and took every chance that they got. Goals aside it was an incredibly dull and boring game with little to thrill the senses (or indeed to stay awake for). That rather summed up his footballing style for me although in the Directors' Lounge afterwards he went beyond being brash and was frankly an arrogant arsehole. I've never like him since.

To say CMS came here "not for footballing reasons" sums up his understanding of what football is about and where he is at odds with many football fans who have watched and enjoyed the alternative, whether it was from Barcelona, from Arsenal. or from lowly Brighton. The West Ham fans are in for a very confusing time. They will enjoy winning more than they lose (it will certainly have a novelty appeal) but it will be largely at the cost of what little remains of their heritage of open and expansive football.

Remember that many of our own fans still want us to just kick the ball upfield and get frustrated by Gus' pass-it-from-the-back style. Many more - and especially our players - have learned to enjoy it. Hoskins and CMS have already said that our brand of football is exactly why they came here. They could just have easily said that it's why they won't go to play for certain other clubs/managers.

Buckley said exactly the same when he joined us aswell.
But yeah spot on mate, He's obviously just fat deluded ****.

Couldn't possibly be because he found Sam Allardyce to be a boorish, pompous twunt, with a reputation for ugly, negative hoofball, could it?

I'd back that option - and no wonder the lardy frothing clown couldn't bring himself to express what is the most likely reason.

Brighton are where it's at, and now.

As is mentioned here - tactically we are exciting and work as a team. That brought Murray dividends that I don't think he'll cash in so easily with palace.

I don't recall seeing the outcome of the Kazenga deal/loan.... is that still on? Forwards could do well from his presence on the field for us

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here