Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce - what a twat

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Erm disagree..i think CMS would c Poyet as a far better manager to play for than tht twat Allardyce whos head seems to b stuk up his rectum most of the time...quite a lot of the ''football'' world wud c tht one too.
So you don't think that most outsiders would surely ask why a player has rejected to a move to a Premiership sized club that has just signed a much respected Premiership midfielder and favoured a move to a club that hasn't spent more than two consecutive seasons in the Championship since the early 90s, and will conclude it is a money move?

The reason may be exactly as you said it, but I'm not convinced most outsiders will see it that way.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Allardyce is all that is wrong in football. I never watch tv games with his teams in it, they are just so dull it's untrue. His negative football is vomit inducing. Added to that, I don't think his dishonesty helps him. I remember when he was on Panorama for bunging agents, which he piped up about but never cleared his name.....................and he looks like a Walrus.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Sam Allardyce quote from last season

"I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid. It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it,"

I wouldn't get worked up about anything this man says.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The more clubs that underestimate us the better as far as I can see.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The first task is to replicate what has happened in Southampton. Southampton is a similar sized city (only slightly bigger) with a similar sized catchment area, and when you walk around that city, *everybody* follows the local club. Here, there are too many fans of London clubs wandering around, and not just kids. These demographics will change, but only as the club sustains it's position in the top two divisions.

Yes, quite sure. I bet they've sold as many as we have, and there isn't the buzz about West Ham that there is about Albion and the shiny new stadium. Alternatively you could always check the attendance figures of the two clubs over the past 40 or 50 years - I bet we've beaten them in maybe 2 seasons max. Or you could check out the fact they're moving into a stadium that hold 60,000. Or you could see how many recent seasons they've averaged over 34,000 (about 96% of capacity). Or you could accept that they are the 4th biggest club in a city of 8 million people whereas our entire city only has around 300,000 people in it. And when we got to the play offs at Cardiff, they were dishing out one ticket per season ticket holder for their game against Palace, whereas we couldn't even fill our end.

I'm completely sure that West Ham have at least 3 times as many fans as we do at the moment.

We'll see. With this latest matter of back handers West Ham may not move. They may want to take legal action but how much can they afford ? I know he's just trying to save face but I would reckon that Alladyce must envy Gus in many ways, after all he doesn't have to contend with Sullivan and Gold for a start. It's academic anyway but it rather contradicts what Barry Fry said yesterday doesn't it ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's easy to knock Allardyce's style of football but apart from Newcastle (where he got a bit of a raw deal IMHO) the clubs he's managed in the Premier have been sides with much smaller budgets than the top six. His teams reflect the fact that they have played to the strengths they could afford. To be fair he's got a decent track record as a manager and vastly more than Gus. I think he's on a hiding to nothing at West Ham as their fans will expect them to go straight back let alone the financial issues.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The Peterborough chairman made a public statement saying that West Ham made an offer which was way higher than Leicester's (and by implication, Brighton's), then backed down because they realised that they didn't have the cash.

By saying what he said, Sam Allardyce has made a public admission that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

If I was a West Ham fan, I'd be exceptionally concerned right now. But I'm not, so I don't give a shit for his backward opinion.

Amen to that.

And to think that a number of SLICES on here were wanting Gold & his dirty lucre to come to save The Albion. Talk about dodging the sleazy bullet.

larus

Can't be doing with getting all cross about it to be honest. We're a much smaller club than West Ham, and until this season we have looked like a truly tin pot outfit for nearly 20 years. If Sam Allardyce thinks it's a money move, he's in agreement with about 90% of the footballing world.

It's going to take 20 years to build the club's reputation back to where we want it to be, but in all honesty it doesn't really matter does it?

That's how I feel. I accept that to the majority of the footballing world, we're 'poor, little old Brighton'. Even when (notice that) we get to the premiership, it's going to take a long time for us to be seen as a 'bigger' club.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Could be worse for West Ham fans, they could be in QPR's position.

A mate of mine is a big QPR fan and he's pulling his hair out at it right now. Taarbat could be going, Routledge is going elsewhere, and the Board are not letting Warnock bring anyone in. Right now, they look like starting teh season with a significantly weaker team than they finished last season. Madness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sam Allardyce quote from last season
"I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid. It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it,"
You've made that up. You must have. Have you got a link, that's beyond a joke.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So you don't think that most outsiders would surely ask why a player has rejected to a move to a Premiership sized club that has just signed a much respected Premiership midfielder and favoured a move to a club that hasn't spent more than two consecutive seasons in the Championship since the early 90s, and will conclude it is a money move?

The reason may be exactly as you said it, but I'm not convinced most outsiders will see it that way.

For me, that misses the point.

Everyone involved in it has said it's a footballing move - representatives of Peterborough, representatives of Brighton, CMS himself. Unless these statements are part of a planned media campaign where everyone has sat down and worked out who's going to say what - who is to say with any basis of truth that it's not a footballing move? It's therefore irrelevant to how outsiders (including Leicester and West Ham) see the move.

Grapes, of the sour variety, are the currency of many football fans. I just didn't expect it of such a knackered old has-been as Allardyce.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Chill out fella's the fact is he has choosen to sign for us....oooooo and what a signing.....CMS is a grounded fella not a big time charlie he has looked at the whole package at Brighton....ie..The Newest and one of the most impressive stadiums in the football league with scope to increase the capacity...One of the Brightest Managers in English Football who plays football the right way and sticks to his principals....An impressive young squad full of hunger....Ambitious Chairman....Lovely area to live...4 Year deal and a chance to settle down in one area and bring up a family.....

If CMS was motivated totally by money the fact is he would not have signed for us...

Welcome Craig you have made to correct choice

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
he has not made that up. He did say it

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
The prospect of playing football in a Sam Allardyce team would put off many players. Add in the uncertainty that surrounds West Ham and the Olympic Stadium and the leadership qualities of Gold,Sullivan & Brady and most people would look elsewhere. I'm feeling sorry for the Hammers fans perhaps they should shift their support to Orient ?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is coming from the bloke who said:

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid. It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and [it] would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

And we're paying attention to what he is saying about us because.....?!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Err, I think that's exactly the reason he's signed for us. I suspect Poyet guaranteed him first team football, in fact probably (given that he's been quoted saying this) said that he'll build the team round him. At West Ham he may have not been guaranteed a first team spot and would have to fit around what they already have.

I don't think it's about guaranteeing a place as such, but it's just logical from speaking to Gus that he has a better chance of playing regularly if Gus is saying about him being our no.1 target, and building a team around him, whereas West Sham don't know which players they can keep and which they are off-loading.

Take Carlton Cole, if no-one comes in for him, can West Sham afford to keep him, or would they be desperate to off-load him? If it's teh latter then the Board could well insist on him playing to improve their chances of getting someone to come in for him. That's the sort of shit CMS would have to deal with there, but he's looking at being the focal point of our attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here